Paddy Mac gone

I accept he didn’t look fit, but way out of his depth in League 1. I guess we’ll never know if he could have been an asset in League 2, but if we’ve got £50K for him I’ll take that all day long! 

Based on his performances we won’t miss him one bit 

Can’t really be judged fairly on his time with us...a niggling injury hampered his progress and the club both on and off the field was in total disarray.

He had been built up as a superstar by many within the club and was under massive pressure to perform every time he took to the field.

I hope he does well back at Dundalk......not a good time to come to Latics!

38 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Didn't he come back home after signing for Sunderland as a kid? Maybe he just doesn't like being away 

Yes that is true. He is getting the reputation of a home sick puppy. Truth is he is not as good as he thinks he is and was definitely out of his depth in League1. He is now spreading every excuse under the sun for under performing other than his limitations of his own ability. A bit pathetic for a grown bloke. 

There were signs that he had the quality to play in League One or Two, but I'm surprised at how far off the pace he was fitness-wise.

Not particularly disappointed with him not being here this season, but it's worrying the amount of rough diamonds that we've signed in the last few years that we haven't been able to develop. 

Don’t think we can really judge him off his time here. Wouldn’t have been easy living hundreds of miles away from home in digs whilst your teammates are pampered in a luxury hotel.

On the playing side of things he was recovering from injury and played out of position by Wellens, who massively hyped him up. I wish the lad the best of luck and his spell at crisis club OAFC is certainly no reflection on his ability as a footballer. 

8 hours ago, Ryan said:

Don’t think we can really judge him off his time here. Wouldn’t have been easy living hundreds of miles away from home in digs whilst your teammates are pampered in a luxury hotel.

On the playing side of things he was recovering from injury and played out of position by Wellens, who massively hyped him up. I wish the lad the best of luck and his spell at crisis club OAFC is certainly no reflection on his ability as a footballer. 

Ryan this guy was given a club house for his wife and young kid to live in when he was here. He did not live in digs. If he was not prepared to give it a decent go to settle here he should not have bothered.

55 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Ryan this guy was given a club house for his wife and young kid to live in when he was here. He did not live in digs. If he was not prepared to give it a decent go to settle here he should not have bothered.

He came from Dundalk he could literally nip home for tea after training, it takes like three hours.