Johan Branger signs

10 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

How are Maouche and Placide doing?

I know they weren’t too involved with team spirit last year. The former went AWOL for periods, allegedly.

12 hours ago, oafc1000 said:

1) From what i witnessed today they all speak English and were mixing well with all the players, laughing and joking.

2) As above everyone was mixing well as a group didn't appear to be any cliques among any of the players forming at present.

32 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

In fairness, England face similar language issues.....I heard Jason Pickford being interviewed and I had absolutely no idea what he was saying 

Can you imagine a conversation between Byrne, Baxter and Dummigan. You'd need three interpreters.

On 05/07/2018 at 11:09 PM, Dave_Og said:

What are the actual French Lads going to do, form a non-English clique with the Dutch Curacoans? What a load of bollocks. 

Do you walk around with your eyes closed?

On 05/07/2018 at 11:20 PM, Crusoe said:

1. I don't know. Do you? Or just jumping to conclusions?

2. Why is a clique inevitable? They're not from the same country or league. And even if some do hang around together, why does that necessarily mean festering and draining "the notion of a team"? Again, jumping to conclusions. 

3. Not sure what the relevance is. Not many clubs to compare against, not sure yet what our squad or starting XI will look like this season. Too early to judge whether there's a meaningful comparison. And it's arguably nonsensical to suggest that nationality (or mixtures of them) is linked to success. Taken to a silly extreme, someone could argue that the logic would mean clubs with multinational squads will get fare worse than all-British squads. Better let the Premier League clubs know, they'll be shitting themselves. 

I asked questions mate. Despite having my views, you usually ask questions and submit a conclusion at the end. if you read again and engage that brain of yours, you'd see I didn't do that. Yes, I believe we could turn into the very model that never works in the lower leagues, but I haven't said for certain we have. If anybody wants to compare what I've said to the premier league, well, of course they're welcome, but I call you morons for doing so. This is League Two. Ability, well-funded support structures and intense interest is lacking.

We're that desperate for success, we're willing to lap up the last 12 month without an ounce of scrutiny. The first signing under Bunn is a French player from the doldrums and eyebrows remain in place. Incredible.

14 hours ago, UpTheLatics said:

Do you walk around with your eyes closed?

I asked questions mate. Despite having my views, you usually ask questions and submit a conclusion at the end. if you read again and engage that brain of yours, you'd see I didn't do that. Yes, I believe we could turn into the very model that never works in the lower leagues, but I haven't said for certain we have. If anybody wants to compare what I've said to the premier league, well, of course they're welcome, but I call you morons for doing so. This is League Two. Ability, well-funded support structures and intense interest is lacking.

We're that desperate for success, we're willing to lap up the last 12 month without an ounce of scrutiny. The first signing under Bunn is a French player from the doldrums and eyebrows remain in place. Incredible.

Not sure why you feel the need to resort to insults. I challenged the conclusions you were drawing - or asking others to draw - nothing more. Yes, I drew a silly parallel - and acknowledged that it was.

Am I happy with the signing? Ambivalent at best. But I'm not going to start worrying about cliques and Lemsagam calling the shots based on the first signing. If the next few are of the same calibre, sure, let's get concerned. Given how little some of last season's overseas contingent played he doesn't seem to be bullying managers into team selections, nor does he seem reluctant to let them go.

Even if he is using the club as a shop window for overseas players (it's a possibility, sure) it's in his own interest to have the best players and the highest league position, to get the most attention and highest prices.

Give it a week or two and then I'll worry if I have to.

5 hours ago, Crusoe said:

Not sure why you feel the need to resort to insults. I challenged the conclusions you were drawing - or asking others to draw - nothing more. Yes, I drew a silly parallel - and acknowledged that it was.

Am I happy with the signing? Ambivalent at best. But I'm not going to start worrying about cliques and Lemsagam calling the shots based on the first signing. If the next few are of the same calibre, sure, let's get concerned. Given how little some of last season's overseas contingent played he doesn't seem to be bullying managers into team selections, nor does he seem reluctant to let them go.

Even if he is using the club as a shop window for overseas players (it's a possibility, sure) it's in his own interest to have the best players and the highest league position, to get the most attention and highest prices.

Give it a week or two and then I'll worry if I have to.

Aye, you're right. I do apologise. I'm just taken aback by what we're willing to accept just because a bloke who is supposed to be worth summat comes on the scene.

Well I've seen him now and my opinion is he's better than we had before.

Good attitude, works hard, showing  good close skills.

I noticed all the French lads are mixing in and perhaps we can credit that to the new management team.

• Like 1