Johan Branger signs

16 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think you are underestimating the strength of league 2 if you think that. Why do we want to sign a 24 year old reserve team player effectively stopping the development of any young players coming through at that age? if he's not challenging the first team now I don't see the value of signing a player like this.

I hope I'm proved wrong spectacularly but due to the disastrous recruitment policy of the #frenchlads last season I see this as another pointless signing

please please please prove me wrong :pray: 

Doesn't appear to be many youth team midfielders who will play in league 2 next season from what I've seen, so this is a useful signing IMO.

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

He wouldn't be playing at that level at his age if he was any good.

I doubt he'll feature much, if at all. Moussa Dabo esque

Jamie Vardy was obviously not going to amount to anything playing  in non league at the same age.

Let's give the lad a chance. 

5 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

It was not that disastrous. If Wellens had played more of them we might have stayed up. He would not play Nepomuceno at the end of the season and he was one of our more successful players when we had the good run of form. Wellens has to take some responsibility for his team selection which was pathetic at the latter stages of the season . He continued to players out of position and omitted good players from the team such as Nepo for the likes of Benyu and Pringle. He was bloody clueless.

It really was disastrous Placide Nepo Menig Maouche Omrani Benteke and moimbe. Their is probably £1million worth of wages there. Placide was an ok goalkeeper no better no worse. Nepos reputation appeared to grow massively when he wasnt playing and we were losing. But he was ok nothing more nothing less. Moimbe was good enough technically but undisciplined we could have found a better player.

The others were just a waste.

So 2 ok players out of 7 we could easily have spent that money better. Id call that a disaster. Its also obvious this isnt Bunns signing.

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Doesn't appear to be many youth team midfielders who will play in league 2 next season from what I've seen, so this is a useful signing IMO.

Think you missed the point. Smiler suggested he would be a full time reserve player I dont see the point in signing a 24 year old to play reserve team football.

Signings made by 'normal' means - Corney/Corney's cronies/incumbent manager / UK base agents (?) - since the start of last season;

Davies.

Gardner.

Hunt.

Ruddy.

Wilson [Ben].

McEleney.

Duffus.

Doyle.

Bryan.

Byrne.

Benyu.

Kyeremeh.

Baxter.

Signings made by Lemsagam since the start of last season;

Placide.

Queensy.

Ambrose.

Zeus.

Maouche. 

Moimbe.

Omrani. 

Nazon.  

Gevaro.

Benteke.

Branger.

Who'd win in 11 v 11 - if the 'normal' means team loaned a player to Lemsagam's?

Edited by lookersstandandy

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

Signings made by 'normal' means - incumbent manager / UK base agents (?) - since the start of last season;

Davies.

Gardner.

Hunt.

Ruddy.

Wilson [Ben].

McEleney.

Duffus.

Doyle.

Bryan.

Byrne.

Benyu.

Kyeremeh.

Baxter.

Placide.

Queensy.

Zeus.

Maouche. 

Moimbe.

Omrani. 

Nazon.  

Gevaro.

Benteke.

Branger.

Who'd win in 11 v 11 - if the 'normal' means team loaned a couple of players to Lemsagam's?

Hunt and Duffus were brought in by Corney and the Belgian was an AL signing. I have my theories about Baxter too, but that is a different story...

Edited by Lee Sinnott

14 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It really was disastrous Placide Nepo Menig Maouche Omrani Benteke and moimbe. Their is probably £1million worth of wages there. Placide was an ok goalkeeper no better no worse. Nepos reputation appeared to grow massively when he wasnt playing and we were losing. But he was ok nothing more nothing less. Moimbe was good enough technically but undisciplined we could have found a better player.

So 2 ok players out of 7 we could easily have spent that money better. Id call that a disaster. Its also obvious this isnt Bunns signing.

Disagree Maouche  and Benteke where never given game time . So how can you rate a player when they are never played. I watched Maouche in one game against under 23 opposition admitted however I did see that their was a good player in there given a chance in this 25 minute cameo. He could beat a player and also was a good passer of the ball and he did create chances from midfield. The problem was that a all these players where brought into the club last season after preseason so they never got a real chance to get fit or up to speed. So my judgement on this player is still not concluded until I hopefully see more of him this season. 

48 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Typical logic from most Oldham fans. The ground is shit so it’s obvious the player must be shit too. (NOT) some players from low league sides can be developed into better players with good coaching. In Frank Bunn we have probably one of the best coaches at the club for many years. Let’s see if he can get this lad playing good football. Let’s face it he can’t be worse than McEleney. 

You know I was being sarcastic ?  I was reacting to the ever so typical negativity. 

12 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Hunt and Duffus were brought in by Corney. I have my theories about Baxter too, but that is a different story...

That's why I said 'normal'...... the question still stands....?!?!

I fancy the Corney/Corney's cronies/Sheridan/Wellens team would beat Lemsagam's comfortably.

Edited by lookersstandandy

Think you missed the point. Smiler suggested he would be a full time reserve player I dont see the point in signing a 24 year old to play reserve team football.

I remember Mr Vardy being given a chance from non league at Fleetwood at a similar age from non league but look at him now he’s representing us at the World Cup. 24 is still not too old to be developed.

5 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Signings made by 'normal' means - incumbent manager / UK base agents (?) - since the start of last season;

Davies.

Gardner.

Hunt.

Ruddy.

Wilson [Ben].

McEleney.

Duffus.

Doyle.

Bryan.

Byrne.

Benyu.

Kyeremeh.

Baxter.

Placide.

Queensy.

Zeus.

Maouche. 

Moimbe.

Omrani. 

Nazon.  

Gevaro.

Benteke.

Branger.

Who'd win in 11 v 11 - if the 'normal' means team loaned a couple of players to Lemsagam's?

+Jean Ambrose. Does he even exist?

7 minutes ago, Ryan said:

+Jean Ambrose. Does he even exist?

With those two idiots in the net Lemsagam’s team would win hands down. You only had to shoot and get it on target to get it past Wilson and Ruddy. Worst two goal keepers I’ve ever seen wearing an oldham shirt.

Edited by Smiler13

25 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We could possibly have spent the money better elsewhere but i am not sure the manager would have done. Placide - o.k, moimbe is a decent player but lacks discipline, Nepo decent when played as a winger and we did better with him in the side than we did without. Omrani looked decent in his subs appearences but looked shocking in the game he started although Wellens subbed him and admitted it was his formation and tactics were at fault that day. Menig - pretty much waste of money. Manouche and Benteke - no idea as haven't seen enough of them to make a decision. What i do know is Ruddy, Ben Wilson, Benyu, Pringle, Mceleney never looked good enough at any point. Byrne and Davies were shite from December onwards. Byrne clearly has the abbility though. All in all there were signings made by both manager and chairman that were nowhere near good enough.

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Based on a data sample of one

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Based on a data sample of one

Could be soon a data sample of two because I believe there is another foreign player being looked at by the management.

9 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

With those two idiots in the net Lemsagam’s team would win hands down. You only had to shoot and get it on target to get it past Wilson and Ruddy. Worst two goal keepers I’ve ever seen wearing an oldham shirt.

For someone asking everyone to not write any players off, you've written them of remarkably quickly. Why not give them a chance..? Why not see what FB & AR can do...?

Just now, singe said:

For someone asking everyone to not write any players off, you've written them of remarkably quickly. Why not give them a chance..? Why not see what FB & AR can do...?

Are you real they are no longer playing for us so why should I care about how they perform for the teams they are now signed up to. 

15 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Are you real they are no longer playing for us so why should I care about how they perform for the teams they are now signed up to. 

Thought you were on about Placide and Zeus...... 

?

40 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

They were absolutely awful but nothing will beat Goram against Cardiff 

8 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

They were absolutely awful but nothing will beat Goram against Cardiff 

Luckily I was in the Royal Oldham after having my gall bladder removed. Can remember I was delighted when told the commentary would be on Radio Cavell, it soon subsided.

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

The acceptance of mediocrity is painful.

The acceptance of Latics in League Two is painful, but it is a reality.
The acceptance of your posts is another thing entirely.

What is it you want, exactly?

After over a month away from here, it is also painful to see some are still having the same conversation, over and over again.