Johan Branger signs

48 minutes ago, singe said:

We had one space, so if he is filling it we are going to struggle. hopefully it has.

Why only one space  is there a limit on the number of players in a squad we have let about 12 players leave  since last season 

16 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes great comparison that :petesake: West Ham Academy player who failed to make the grade at Upton Park as opposed to some lad who captained his pub team in Normandy. There won't be one person in football in this country whose ever heard or seen this lad yet Fitz was being watching by plenty of clubs at the time.

He was an academy and squad player at Auxerre... who were a Ligue 1 team at the time he was there.  

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

His club only has one stand.  He must be shit. 

?‍♂️

That was to show the level he was playing at recently. Some seemed to think it was the equivalent of L2.
None of know what he is like.

But being underwhelmed for Frankie's first signing is hardly a crime.

Im not mithered by this. Its not a wow signing but not really causing me too great a concern.

For all the cynicism over AL forcing players upon a manager he seems okay with them not playing if the manager feels they arent up to it. Didnt we sign a fair amount of French/foreign lads last season of which only a few played and one or two of which actually did okay? Nepo being one.

Its definitely a cause for concern if this is the only calibre of player we sign i.e. unproven at our current level, but lets wait and see.

13 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

He was an academy and squad player at Auxerre... who were a Ligue 1 team at the time he was there.  

He was an Academy Player at Auxerre B, who play in the same League he has just come from!
And he was there from 2011 to 2014.

Lucky for us he was overlooked by all those top French teams.

33 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

If i had a penny for every time i have heard this over recent years sincerely hope this is not a sign of future signings to come if so will it lead to another relegation KTF

Come on we have more than enough good players to get us out of league 2. Yes we need a couple of proven strikers but we are ok for defence and midfield. This signing is a signing for the reserves not the first team. He’s a guy who could be brought on with good coaching and if he doesn’t respond this year it will bye bye next summer.

30 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

His club only has one stand.  He must be shit. 

?‍♂️

Typical logic from most Oldham fans. The ground is shit so it’s obvious the player must be shit too. (NOT) some players from low league sides can be developed into better players with good coaching. In Frank Bunn we have probably one of the best coaches at the club for many years. Let’s see if he can get this lad playing good football. Let’s face it he can’t be worse than McEleney. 

7 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Come on we have more than enough good players to get us out of league 2. Yes we need a couple of proven strikers but we are ok for defence and midfield. This signing is a signing for the reserves not the first team. He’s a guy who could be brought on with good coaching and if he doesn’t respond this year it will bye bye next summer.

I hope you are correct my friend did we not say the same about league 1 it worries me that some think we are automatically thing we will be near the top end of league 2 .

11 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

I think you are underestimating the strength of league 2 if you think that. Why do we want to sign a 24 year old reserve team player effectively stopping the development of any young players coming through at that age? if he's not challenging the first team now I don't see the value of signing a player like this.

I hope I'm proved wrong spectacularly but due to the disastrous recruitment policy of the #frenchlads last season I see this as another pointless signing

please please please prove me wrong :pray: 

Edited by GlossopLatic

What I would say is don’t be expecting 20 quality players! Going to have to sign some cheap ones if we want a core of decent players. Decent amount of money will have been lost being relegated from EFL would expect a strong 13/14 the rest cheap back ups. 

23 minutes ago, Oafc88 said:

For all the cynicism over AL forcing players upon a manager he seems okay with them not playing if the manager feels they arent up to it. Didnt we sign a fair amount of French/foreign lads last season of which only a few played and one or two of which actually did okay? Nepo being one.

Last season was hardly the blueprint for success...

6 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

I hope you are correct my friend did we not say the same about league 1 it worries me that some think we are automatically thing we will be near the top end of league 2 .

We need additions to be a force in league 2 but I think 3 extra good players and we could have the makings of a good team. If FB can pick up 3 loan players that are better than league 2 level then we could be ok. Of course the players need to gell but that’s what pre season is about and let’s face it we have a nucleus of players from last season that know one another fairly well. It’s not like when we signed about 23 players in about two weeks under Robinson and then expected them to gel.

Edited by Smiler13

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think you are underestimating the strength of league 2 if you think that. Why do we want to sign a 24 year old reserve team player effectively stopping the development of any young players coming through at that age? if he's not challenging the first team now I don't see the value of signing a player like this.

I hope I'm proved wrong spectacularly but due to the disastrous recruitment policy of the #frenchlads last season I see this as another pointless signing

please please please prove me wrong :pray: 

It was not that disastrous. If Wellens had played more of them we might have stayed up. He would not play Nepomuceno at the end of the season and he was one of our more successful players when we had the good run of form. Wellens has to take some responsibility for his team selection which was pathetic at the latter stages of the season . He continued to players out of position and omitted good players from the team such as Nepo for the likes of Benyu and Pringle. He was bloody clueless.