Reminder: Meet the manager on 16/07/18

1 minute ago, oafcprozac said:

Summary of tonight 

Nothing new really...

* Very happy to be here, wanted the job(s) for years. Rhodes gave up the job at SW because he wanted to come back to a club he wants to do well for 

* Wants to put smiles on faces of people in and around the club. Players expected to play their part - only wants hardworking good people in the squad 

* over stretched ourselves last season with a squad of 35 budget is challenging so likely to go for players that are perceived as 'past it' or under 23s on Loan. This might change closer we get to season 

* looking for players 1-11

* Believes in win at all costs 

* Best XI out there all the time 

* chairman in dressing room nothing new Hoyle at Hudds, Sheff Wes chairman did it at times

* Be crazy not to tap into AL's contacts BUT final decision is Bunn's. Liked the look of the two French lads but a Dutch lad on trial has been released - not good enough 

* Training morning and afternoon

* Facilities will not be an excuse, they're ours what we face to deal with and we get in with it

* Clarke in his plans 

* New disciplinary regime in place said no fines so far but did say Jack Byrne will have to conform 

*Fane broken leg and dislocated ankle

* Rhodes still assessing the keepers

* Would like a reserve team but not enough players yet

* Stott injured Gerrard carrying a knock 

* Three new targets in mind hope to see movement soon

* Not allowed to connect on TP situation 

*young lad from Sheff Wed in as FT coach, bee fitness and conditioner appointed today and brought an analyst in too.

* Both admit limited knowledge of League 2, made lots of phone calls to likes of Martin Allen and Steve Evans 

Both come across well, Rhodes very articulate and likeable. A real infectious enthusiasm that if the players buy into who knows?

Nice to have your solid record on these things prozac

Thanks for all of that. Great feedback all round, guys. It really helps us exiles to know what is going on up there. It certainly sounds as if you're getting a lot of honesty from FB and AR; they seem to be telling it as it is and for them (or one of them) to say Byrne must conform shows that they won't tolerate any nonsense. Good to hear they're not having players lumped on them that aren't up to scratch and they have the final word.

Feel really sorry for Fane, poor lad. I honestly believe that he could have done a job for us in League 2.

Really enjoyed tonight.

I even joined the Trust! ?

I thought FB and AR came across very well. AR in particular has a very infectious and enthusiastic personality.

Let’s hope they can get the team - and the club - moving in the right direction. 

If it’s down to hard work then I’m confident that we will have a good season, hopefully culminating in promotion at the first attempt.

COYB! ⚽️⚽️

Apparently O'Grady set to sign - really :petesake::petesake::petesake:.

Making excuses for his dogshit 45 minutes at Curzon against part time footballers who probably did a weeks work before playing for £50 on Saturday.

Honestly this lad is past it and signing him would be a joke.

14 minutes ago, dec666 said:

There seems to be an acceptance around the club that it's going to be a struggle this year. 

In League Two... I'm finding it hard to deal with.

All it all needs is the club to come together for an extended period, with no drama, no cliques, and a bit of luck on the pitch. 

We can still do well, if we get the above IMO.

20 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Making excuses for his dogshit 45 minutes at Curzon against part time footballers who probably did a weeks work before playing for £50 on Saturday.

Who was making the excuses and what were they? 

Edited by Bristolatic

5 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Who was making the excuses and what were they? 

He had little time to train and his child was ill the night before the game, sorry but if your looking for a club to pay you a wage I'd of expected more endeavour and will to succeed from the guy, he is typical of the type of player we have bogged ourselves down with I'm the past half dozen years who sees us as a dinner ticket as they slide down through the leagues to retirement. 

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He had little time to train and his child was ill the night before the game, sorry but if your looking for a club to pay you a wage I'd of expected more endeavour and will to succeed from the guy, he is typical of the type of player we have bogged ourselves down with I'm the past half dozen years who sees us as a dinner ticket as they slide down through the leagues to retirement. 

Never had kids?

As ever the proof of the pudding with FB and AR will be in results achieved on the pitch, but what does stand out from previous comments is their clear desire to take the job on - at third attempt for FB - and that the club is in their blood.

Those factors alone give me hope and put them above recent predecessors in my book.

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

And you have come to that conclusion after seeing him in 45 minutes of football. I think I'll trust the opinions of FB and AR, who see much more of him, until they're proved wrong.

Of course, as far as we know, he hasn't actually signed, so we'll just have to wait and see.

48 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Christ. I really hope not.

The only potential positive I can muster is that I felt the same way about us signing Davies last season, and he proved me wrong, emphatically so.

10 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Christ. I really hope not.

The only potential positive I can muster is that I felt the same way about us signing Davies last season, and he proved me wrong, emphatically so.

A lot depends on how we're planning to play. Akinfenwa isn't exactly mobile. He does okay in league 2

9 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Could have applied to the previous 2 managers.

To a degree, though Sheridan and Wellens' periods were largely marked by turmoil and relegation struggles. Bunn and Rhodes were part of the golden era. If they can instil a fraction of that spirit then it could be a fun ride.

Big shout out to those who attended last nights event.

and for those who have been brave enough to take out. Trust membership, ha, ha, harrrrrr...(my best evil laugh)

We will be rolling out /pushing this over the next few weeks. 

Cheers

20 minutes ago, underdog said:

Big shout out to those who attended last nights event.

and for those who have been brave enough to take out. Trust membership, ha, ha, harrrrrr...(my best evil laugh)

We will be rolling out /pushing this over the next few weeks. 

Cheers

Any minutes from the agm please ?