Ashton United friendly

33 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Gerrard has missed training for a few days - was back out with the physio yesterday so probably nothing serious.

Benteke and Maouche have both featured in training so seem to be fully involved with the squad.

Dummigan was also missing yesterday so looks like another injury.

Anyone know who the MW is who is helping out Bunn and Rhodes in training?

Wonder if one of the other triallists is the lad who Peter Clarke blasted in training with the immortal line "Get back you lazy little c**t, RECOVER"!!!

Eric Winstanley ex Barnsley manager and coach was reported to be advising Bunn. However I don’t know if it’s true but his initials are EW not MW

40 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Gerrard has missed training for a few days - was back out with the physio yesterday so probably nothing serious.

Benteke and Maouche have both featured in training so seem to be fully involved with the squad.

Wonder if one of the other triallists is the lad who Peter Clarke blasted in training with the immortal line "Get back you lazy little c**t, RECOVER"!!!

Cheers Mick. 

Appreciate the update. 

If you ever need any more binoculars, I happily chop into the crowdfund! ?

13 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Eric Winstanley ex Barnsley manager and coach was reported to be advising Bunn. However I don’t know if it’s true but his initials are EW not MW

No you can see the lad I mean on the warm up video on the MEN twitter page.

He's quite a bit younger than Winstanley!

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Trialists are Ishmail Miller, Giles Coke, Yohan Mollo and Kayleigh Osborne, Steven Bywater also in attendance as he is on trial with the club.

According to my :sauce:

If you mean Karliegh Osborne, he's a central defender released by Grimsby at the end of last season. As for Bywater, I didn't know Burton had released him.

As for Mollo, 28 year old winger

2008–2011 Monaco 42 (2)
2010–2011  Caen (loan) 35 (4)
2011–2012 Granada 6 (0)
2012–2013 Nancy 38 (6)
2013–2016 Saint-Étienne 59 (9)
2015–2016  Krylia Sovetov (loan) 23 (0)
2016–2017 Krylia Sovetov 12 (5)
2017 Zenit Saint Petersburg 7 (1)
2017  Zenit-2 Saint Petersburg 4 (0)
2017–2018 Fulham 6 (0)
2018- Al-Rayyan 0 (0
Edited by Bristolatic
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, mick26 said:

MEN tweeted that Gerrard and Dummigan are in the stands. 

1 hour ago, singe said:

No place in the squad for:

Gerrard most notably 

Dummigan

Moimbe

Benteke (despite rumours of a new deal) 

Maouche

McLaughlin 

Notably Gardner is a sub despite being linked to move. 

McLaughlin has just tweeted about Mbappe, he's still in Belfast. 

Just now, singe said:

McLaughlin has just tweeted about Mbappe, he's still in Belfast. 

Football’s great isn’t it? I actually like my job but to just not show up to work and play golf instead without having to pretend to be sick must be great.  Totally different planet 

1 minute ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Football’s great isn’t it? I actually like my job but to just not show up to work and play golf instead without having to pretend to be sick must be great.  Totally different planet 

isn't he out of contract now?

1 minute ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I think it's safe to say that he didn't accept the new offer. So maybe he doesn't have a club right now. Same may well go for Moimbe.

4 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Isn't he an Oldham lad? Must be knocking on a bit now, he's been around for donkey's years.

37. Oldham born. Came through Rochdale’s youth system. Had a stint playing in India before signing for Burton Albion in 2016.

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

isn't he out of contract now?

1 minute ago, Bristolatic said:

I think it's safe to say that he didn't accept the new offer. So maybe he doesn't have a club right now. Same may well go for Moimbe.

Correct my mistake - however the point is valid - didn’t Teves fuck off to Argentina when he was meant to be at City