Ashton United friendly

3 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

37. Oldham born. Came through Rochdale’s youth system. Had a stint playing in India before signing for Burton Albion in 2016.

Oddly, he's still showing on the Burton Albion website. Even more oddly, he's shown as #1 whereas he has always worn #43 in memory of Les Sealey who passed away when 43 years old.

3 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

37. Oldham born. Came through Rochdale’s youth system. Had a stint playing in India before signing for Burton Albion in 2016.

Bywater is a liability he let a pan full of goals in for Burton last season. I am not impressed if we are going to sign him

1 minute ago, Smiler13 said:

Bywater is a liability he let a pan full of goals in for Burton last season. I am not impressed if we are going to sign him

I don't think his defence helped him very much. Now, where have I heard that before?

7 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Interesting that Placide is wearing 19 and De la Paz wearing 13. Room for a number 1...

Also according to the MEN Holloway is wearing 11 and Branger-Engone is 10. Supports the thinking that McLaughlin is o'ff.

Could be, although players don’t tend to change squad numbers that often anymore, for example I thought Byrne would take 7 or 8 this season but he still seems to be wearing 29 in the training photos. the importance of them seems to have waned. Not all clubs have a number 1 or number 9. They probably all have a number 2 before training though 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

9 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

He kept Ripley out of their team though didn’t he? One assumes you’d have Ripley back?

Edit: note to self, read all posts before posting. Beaten to do it by Dave_Og

Edited by lookersstandandy

2 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

That’s not saying much remember last few games at Bury Ripley was warming the bench and was out of favour

Joe Murphy was their regular keeper who came back from a long spell out injured. If he recovered, he was promised half a dozen games at the end of the season, so I don't think it was anything to do with Ripley's performances.

2 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Could be, although players don’t tend to change squad numbers that often anymore, for example I thought Byrne would take 7 or 8 this season but he still seems to be wearing 29 in the training photos. the importance of them seems to have waned. Not all clubs have a number 1 or number 9. They probably all have a number 2 before training though 

But De la Paz was 1, so he's changed. 

I mean, I'm not reading too much into it as I'd expect players like Clarke, Hamer and Byrne to get "traditional" numbers, so I'm sure they're not finalised, but for him to change suggests a space has opened up.

Just now, Crusoe said:

But De la Paz was 1, so he's changed. 

I mean, I'm not reading too much into it as I'd expect players like Clarke, Hamer and Byrne to get "traditional" numbers, so I'm sure they're not finalised, but for him to change suggests a space has opened up.

Good point, I forgot he was 1 last season - the World Cup gin is effecting me ?