Ashton United friendly

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

That's daft...the midfield alone didn't get us relegated.

That's not the point I was trying to make, he was a constant in a poor side in a key position so talk of him playing at an higher level for me is daft, it's all about opinions though and in the same way you say some are desperate for him to fail your at the other end of the spectrum in hoping he succeeds, lets hope your right come the end of this season.

21 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

Gardner has definitely got the touch, technique and vision of a good footballer. 

Opinions differ about him, I think if he's managed better he could be very effective. 

I do agree with BP tho with regards to him

20 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I rate Gardner one the very few bright sparks near the end of the season

Gardners quality. Would be a huge loss if he was to move on. He matches Fane's work rate, doesn't break play up as much granted but can actually pass a ball, has good technique and a good touch.

There's a reason Teams in higher divisions are interested in him. 

5 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Gardners quality. Would be a huge loss if he was to move on. He matches Fane's work rate, doesn't break play up as much granted but can actually pass a ball, has good technique and a good touch.

There's a reason Teams in higher divisions are interested in him. 

Every team has a Dan Gardner, they really are ten a penny however much our esteemed professional scout tries to suggest otherwise.

On 7/13/2018 at 4:42 PM, Dave_Og said:

Working out which tier of French football Le Puy Foot play in is a bit of a challenge 

Basically 4th tier, amateur as Monty says but with some semi pro.

Basically Group B of the 4th tier Like Old Div 3 North & South but 4 of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_football_league_system

https://www.fff.fr/championnats/fff/federation-francaise-de-football/2017/341888-national-2/phase-1/poule-2/derniers-resultats

I'd say it's a level less than ours ie Ch2 is equivalent to Conference. And under that non league regionally.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Championnat_National_2

I think France has invested a significant amount technically in their coaching so very possible standard similar or better. Despite the obvious initial concerns.

As at 2014, France had over 3,300 Pro & A coaches, compared to 1,400 in England so by definition the reach was greater. no guarantee of course.

34 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Missilou played for the French age teams up to u20 I think, so his basic technique should (and does appear to) be sound.

Next come all the other tests such as culture, on field rough and tumble and playing in front of crowds again.

Thought he was strong in the tackle on Saturday, didn't shit out of anything which is good to see and looked prepared to listen, could be an improvement on Fane although for some that wouldn't be saying much.