F.C. United of Manchester: Directions, Beer & Food

9 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

I’m going to pretend you never said this BP, the day we think Jack Byrne isnt good enough to make a League 2 midfield is the day we might as well give up hope, fold the club and take up croquet 

You are looking at this all wrong, if we have a midfield that does not need Jack Byrne we probably have on of if not the strongest midfield in the division.

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Benteke is strange one, surely AL must know whether or not he wants to sign him by now.

Difficult to assess Benteke, he has potential, is quite mobile and works hard, maybe worth keeping and developing if within the budget.

46 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Benteke is strange one, surely AL must know whether or not he wants to sign him by now.

I thought AL/FB had confirmed that FB makes the decisions on who to keep and who to bin.

Maybe FB sees a footballer in there somewhere, so is giving Benteke every opportunity to show it.

37 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You are looking at this all wrong, if we have a midfield that does not need Jack Byrne we probably have on of if not the strongest midfield in the division.

As Eric Morecambe would have said..'We are playing all the right midfielders, but not necessarily in the right order'.

10 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

I’m going to pretend you never said this BP, the day we think Jack Byrne isnt good enough to make a League 2 midfield is the day we might as well give up hope, fold the club and take up croquet 

Those croquet players are real athletes, none of that playing 90 minutes twice a week...?

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Difficult to assess Benteke, he has potential, is quite mobile and works hard, maybe worth keeping and developing if within the budget.

Really struggling to see the potential personally, looks uncomfortable in possession and doesn't really seem to have much in the locker and certainly not goals, very raw with pace but that's about it, midfield looks like it's got goals in it but we are going to need to pull a 15 to 20 goal striker out of the hat from somewhere if we plan on being competitive. 

56 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Really struggling to see the potential personally, looks uncomfortable in possession and doesn't really seem to have much in the locker and certainly not goals, very raw with pace but that's about it, midfield looks like it's got goals in it but we are going to need to pull a 15 to 20 goal striker out of the hat from somewhere if we plan on being competitive. 

Think it's going to have to be a decent young lad on loan. Someone like Lukas Nmecha at City would do (doubt that would happen though).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I know money can't be magiced from anywhere but surely 250k for Doyle would pay for itself in the long run, just by being up there you could add 1000 on the gate and it's going to need a striker of that ilk to get us there.

Well i will donate £100 if 2499 other tics will that's him payed for, AL just pays his wages !!

If things were only that simple eh

15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I know money can't be magiced from anywhere but surely 250k for Doyle would pay for itself in the long run, just by being up there you could add 1000 on the gate and it's going to need a striker of that ilk to get us there.

Take into account wages and there wouldn't be much if any change out of a million.

59 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Take into account wages and there wouldn't be much if any change out of a million.

I understand the point your making but we will spend X amount on half a dozen duffers in the time he could be here in the Maouche mould who will deliver nothing and move on for sod all, don't forget though Doyle could fire in thirty goals and command a decent fee in the same way he could bomb, I just think there is less risk involved and you know what your going to get. If he was to cost that sort of money over a couple of years you could argue it money well spent if it helped us get promoted.

A big lump like Jabo or Higdon and a loanee is more likely. It would be crazy to spend half or a third of the budget on one player. I'd imagine bigger clubs will take Doyle now just as likely as they would after a decent half season in the 4th division anyway, he's going to carry that tag of not having made it in the Championship

5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I think Doyle would score for fun, despite e a certain hot and cold nature.. 

Would he put 1,000 on the gate though? 

I think if we struggle we might lose quite a few though.