F.C. United of Manchester: Directions, Beer & Food

9 minutes ago, singe said:

I think Doyle would score for fun, despite e a certain hot and cold nature.. 

Would he put 1,000 on the gate though? 

I think if we struggle we might lose quite a few though. 

Fine lines I suppose, start badly we could lose 500 off the gate, start well and we could gain hundreds on the gate, I personally think the club need to make some sort of statement and a player signing of that quality could rejuvenate the whole fan base, would like to see Byrne brought into the fold as he along with Baxter should have too much quality for this division if they are on it and up for it.

Just wondering why Benteke is on trial?  That isn't a comment about his ability, or lack of.  But didn't we offer him a contract at the end of last season?  If so, and he wanted to stay, why didn't he sign?  Why is choosing to be a triallist?

The below is an email from one of the founders of FC sent today:

Ben

Thanks for coming to the game last night. I enjoyed your company. Hopefully we will learn a lesson for next year about admission prices but that apart I thought we managed  the facilities very well: food, real ale, stewarding.

I thought the atmosphere was good for preseason with both sets of supporters engaging in banter together - no hassle just good fun.

On that note your supporters deserve loads of credit for coming to Broadhurst. I don't think I have ever stood with Latics fans before but I really enjoyed it. When you speak to your fellow fans let them know their attendance was really appreciated by our club.

Hope you have a good season. Its difficult to gauge from last night but to me you looked pretty good. Bit more thinking for us to do but hopefully we will get there.

Catch up soon

Roy