F.C. United of Manchester: Directions, Beer & Food

2 minutes ago, Whitts said:

Any update on the trialists who played.  How was O'Grady.

Shite other than the goal of his shin he knew nothing about a decent crossfield ball that picked out Hunt I think and one nice turn in the second half, looks hopelessly unfit to boot, Benteke not much better. That pair wouldn't get ten between them as front two in League 2 they are that bad.

6 minutes ago, Whitts said:

Any update on the trialists who played.  How was O'Grady.

I missed a good chunk of the 2nd half commentary.

Trialists were BEntake, O grady and Andrew Taylor.

PRessing and energetic overall.

Lots saying O grady is v slow.

Edited by singe

1 minute ago, Boys in Blue said:

Is Andrew Taylor the sort of steady left back that we need? I don’t know much about him

He is steady but on paper we appear to be plenty strong enough at the back it's tother end of the pitch we are struggling - desperately. 

Do you think he’s back up for Hunt? I know we’ve got a few defenders but if Hunt got injured or sold, we’d be relying on Nepomuceno. I don’t think that’s Nepomuceno’s best position so I think left back cover is needed.

Maybe not as much as a striker, but needed

Peter Clarke looks in amazing shape lost some weight and looks a lot more athletic then he did before, could be like a new signing altogether having him back, work rate was high when we lost the ball and when we did have it we looked to keep possession with short passing, easy to do against sides like this though, won’t learn much from these games, just a chance to see some new faces. Branger was our best player, quite physical but also pretty skill full and can run with the ball also put some decent crosses in. O,Grady is a unit very slow though but could do a job for us in League 2 won’t score many but could be a decent foil for someone else. Benteke doesn’t look good enough, couple of strikers and a LB needed 

20 minutes ago, Boys in Blue said:

Jack Byrne injured?

Thought I'd never say this but it could be Byrne won't get into the midfield such is the strengh there now.

Defence looks strong too, Taylor seems to know his job so no surprise if he's signed 

All it needs is those elusive strikers, which I'm sure Frankie will resolve.

Although  we have only played non league opposion there's definitely room for optimism as the team spirit looks to have vastly improved.

Edited by BP1960

To be fair I thought O'Grady held it up quite well so could be useful with Baxter and Byrne getting forward.

Graham looks a real prospect, Dummigan and Hunt decent, Engone quite promising. Missilou neat and tidy but wait to see if he's quick enough.

I like Taylor who provided nice balance on the left so worth a go even if as back up.

More options needed up front but like the way Bunn and Rhodes are shaping up, pressing very noticeable and fitness levels look good.

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Thought I'd never say this but it could be Byrne won't get into the midfield such is the strengh there now.

Defence looks strong too, Taylor seems to know his job so no surprise if he's signed 

Although  we have only played non league opposion there's definitely room for optimism as the team spirit looks to have vastly improved.

Chill out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I’m going to pretend you never said this BP, the day we think Jack Byrne isnt good enough to make a League 2 midfield is the day we might as well give up hope, fold the club and take up croquet 

Edited by b0ndl1ne

32 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

I’m going to pretend you never said this BP, the day we think Jack Byrne isnt good enough to make a League 2 midfield is the day we might as well give up hope, fold the club and take up croquet 

It's not that he's not good enough, but he can be a loose cannon and I see this FB team being more of a solid unit with a high work rate throughout.

If he can fit into this then he's certainly a starter.

I think this time round we will see a team rather than a collection of individuals.

Remember, we also have Baxter to slot in somewhere.

Edited by BP1960

35 minutes ago, mick26 said:

To be fair I thought O'Grady held it up quite well so could be useful with Baxter and Byrne getting forward.

Graham looks a real prospect, Dummigan and Hunt decent, Engone quite promising. Missilou neat and tidy but wait to see if he's quick enough.

I like Taylor who provided nice balance on the left so worth a go even if as back up.

More options needed up front but like the way Bunn and Rhodes are shaping up, pressing very noticeable and fitness levels look good.

O'Grady didn't really hold the ball up well at all and even if he did we need more from our forward players, watching him blowing out of his arse after three yards was actually painful at times and if your going to play a pressing game it has to start from the front two.

57 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

At the meet the manager event last night FB said that they think Byrne is a very talented boy and that you should always play your best players and worry how to fit them in as and when. This as a response to a question about how you fit Baxter and Byrne in the same team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Maybe I've missed something, but anyone know why Byrne and Baxter haven't featured in the last two games?

I like the sound of the reports about the team ethic and work rate, though. Can only be good for the coming season.

Baxter being looked after.

Byrne either being looked after or 'looked after'...