Craig Davies

I think its actually braver of Davies to stick his head above the parapet like this.

The idea that some of you want to shoot the messengers here is pretty much an act of burying your heads in the sand.

Its clear problems exist and they are coming from the owner of the club. Davies story is consistent with that of Mike Keegans story and that in the Sun aswell. If we here the same stories in 12 months time or less from Frank Bunn amd Andy Rhodes 2 club legends how will you feel?

I think those attacking Davies for speaking out, and his ex teammates for non-verbally agreeing, have their hearts in the right place, but their love of the club is clearly blinding them.

We knew a lot of this to be true already yes? If anything he's doing the fans a service to confirm it. I'm sure he considered the negative effects of doing so (mainly putting off potential signings), which is why he's given it a a few weeks, but as someone well respected among his peers, he's felt be should be the one to say something.

Hopefully Mr Lemsagam will swallow some pride, learn from his mistakes, and assess best how to act in a manner befitting the custodian of a proud football club.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think its actually braver of Davies to stick his head above the parapet like this.

The idea that some of you want to shoot the messengers here is pretty much an act of burying your heads in the sand.

Its clear problems exist and they are coming from the owner of the club. Davies story is consistent with that of Mike Keegans story and that in the Sun aswell. If we here the same stories in 12 months time or less from Frank Bunn amd Andy Rhodes 2 club legends how will you feel?

What has actually changed from the Corney era? Is it that this guy is actually taking a greater interest in where his money is going and it is putting a few noses out of joint?

Edited by deyres42

1 hour ago, mikeroyboy said:

Whatever he's said and wherever he's said it, his intentions are to demoralise as many people as possible in an act pique. He will almost certainly now feel smugly better in himself.

It is not a 'heads up' as to what is going on. Unless Lemsagam is doing something illegal nothing can be done to change his direction of how he runs the club, other than his own self preservational instinct. Namely, learning from his mistakes.

Many wanted Corney out at any cost and many more (including me) were ready for a change.

Not a single one of us had a clue of who or why someone would want to invest in our club.

It is a long time since someone was running our club out of love and long term affection - like a fan. Some clubs are lucky or fortunate in this respect. Good luck to them.

We have Mr Lemsagam who is now going too oversee our first season in 'L2' for 40 year's or so.

With no other option we should wait to see how it goes.

Or maybe Craig Davies can cheer us up, now he has done wonders for his own emotions.

Couldn’t disagree with you more! He’s not saying it to demoralise anyone. He’s telling it how it is.

He obviously got on well with a lot of the players and staff at the club and has no axe to grind with anyone except the current owner. He’s merely saying things that he would never have been able to say if he’d still been at the club.

It doesn’t bode well for the club if AL is going to run it like that. ?

10 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Why now though? What is so radically different?

Hasn't Abdallah effectively been in charge since the start of last season? That would mean that Davies didn't experience any missed wages under Corney. He probably felt it was a good time to highlight the issues given he's no longer an OAFC player.

47 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

What has actually changed from the Corney era? Is it that this guy is actually taking a greater interest in where his money is going and it is putting a few noses out of joint?

He appears to be interfering more not in a good way so far. I hope that changes this coming season.

2 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

If you believe this shit you will all believe anything . Just ask yourselves why is the present management team so happy and the current players working so hard in such a happy atmosphere? It doesn’t add up or make any sense.

2 hours ago, mikeroyboy said:

Whatever he's said and wherever he's said it, his intentions are to demoralise as many people as possible in an act pique. He will almost certainly now feel smugly better in himself.

It is not a 'heads up' as to what is going on. Unless Lemsagam is doing something illegal nothing can be done to change his direction of how he runs the club, other than his own self preservational instinct. Namely, learning from his mistakes.

Many wanted Corney out at any cost and many more (including me) were ready for a change.

Not a single one of us had a clue of who or why someone would want to invest in our club.

It is a long time since someone was running our club out of love and long term affection - like a fan. Some clubs are lucky or fortunate in this respect. Good luck to them.

We have Mr Lemsagam who is now going too oversee our first season in 'L2' for 40 year's or so.

With no other option we should wait to see how it goes.

Or maybe Craig Davies can cheer us up, now he has done wonders for his own emotions.

At some point, people, you need to face reality otherwise you'll awake and we'll be playing football in the non-league. If anybody ever brings you down for encouraging our teams then they're worth rebutting, but where is your critique?

2 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

If you believe this shit you will all believe anything . Just ask yourselves why is the present management team so happy and the current players working so hard in such a happy atmosphere? It doesn’t add up or make any sense.

Lee Sinnott has hinted at it, Gerrard has hinted at it, all ex players are liking it, ex players relatives have hinted at it. Davies has come out and said it... yet it’s made up? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, oldhamoafc said:

Lee Sinnott has hinted at it, Gerrard has hinted at it, all ex players are liking it, ex players relatives have hinted at it. Davies has come out and said it... yet it’s made up? 

Yestedays chip paper now, the proof of the pudding will be how the team pans out.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Hasn't Abdallah effectively been in charge since the start of last season? That would mean that Davies didn't experience any missed wages under Corney. He probably felt it was a good time to highlight the issues given he's no longer an OAFC player.

"Davies didn't experience any missed wages under Corney."

Really? 

2 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

Couldn’t disagree with you more! He’s not saying it to demoralise anyone. He’s telling it how it is.

He obviously got on well with a lot of the players and staff at the club and has no axe to grind with anyone except the current owner. He’s merely saying things that he would never have been able to say if he’d still been at the club.

It doesn’t bode well for the club if AL is going to run it like that. ?

No axe to grind? 

Six month sulk? You sure? 

I'd put a huge amount more credence if someone like Peter Clarke said it. 

We're in the shit, undeniably, but there are so many issues. 

Who knows if AL can sort them. 

But we need proper investigations not rehashing old news. 

21 minutes ago, singe said:

"Davies didn't experience any missed wages under Corney."

Really? 

He signed last summer. Hasn't Abdallah 'unofficially' been in charge (putting money in) since last August? Happy to be corrected. 

42 minutes ago, singe said:

No axe to grind? 

Six month sulk? You sure? 

I'd put a huge amount more credence if someone like Peter Clarke said it. 

We're in the shit, undeniably, but there are so many issues. 

Who knows if AL can sort them. 

But we need proper investigations not rehashing old news. 

If you read what I wrote I said that he didn’t have an axe to grind with anyone except the new owner. Not with anyone else at the club, just as he’s indicated in his tweet.

Peter Clarke wouldn’t be able to say anything because he’s a player under contract and if he did I’m guessing he would be shown the door pretty quickly.

Davies is able to tell us what’s been happening only because he’s left.

27 minutes ago, Ryan said:

He signed last summer. Hasn't Abdallah 'unofficially' been in charge (putting money in) since last August? Happy to be corrected. 

Even if he had, his beef was with Corney  till Jan. 

But we kniw why his beef was with Lemsagam. 

My question is how many times under Corney, how many under current owner. 

It may be that AL is a charlatan, but there are people who are in a position to check that out, and they need to pull their finger out. 

I suggest Alan Hardy, with his record might be able to also help determine if he us if not. 

1 minute ago, Gary1906 said:

If you read what I wrote I said that he didn’t have an axe to grind with anyone except the new owner. Not with anyone else at the club, just as he’s indicated in his tweet.

Peter Clarke wouldn’t be able to say anything because he’s a player under contract and if he did I’m guessing he would be shown the door pretty quickly.

Davies is able to tell us what’s been happening only because he’s left.

a) My point re Clarke is his long career, included Bury who were in trouble, but not at 17 clubs

b.) Hasn't stopped Courtney Duffus supporting him. 

c) He hasn't told us anything new. 

He also said "calling players into the office criticising other player and calling a meeting to in front of other players" 

A professional footballer, an the banter that they get up said that? 

Poor freckle. 

They were paid late, some ahead of others, and that's unacceptable. But that is all it is. The rest is just self serving as her didn't get his move. 

4 payments by Corney, 6 b Lemsagam. How many were late for each. 

3 minutes ago, singe said:

a) My point re Clarke is his long career, included Bury who were in trouble, but not at 17 clubs

b.) Hasn't stopped Courtney Duffus supporting him. 

c) He hasn't told us anything new. 

He also said "calling players into the office criticising other player and calling a meeting to in front of other players" 

A professional footballer, an the banter that they get up said that? 

Poor freckle. 

They were paid late, some ahead of others, and that's unacceptable. But that is all it is. The rest is just self serving as her didn't get his move. 

4 payments by Corney, 6 b Lemsagam. How many were late for each. 

You don’t know that it’s self serving. I would imagine quite a few other players at the club would say very similar things if they were allowed to.

As for him having 17 previous clubs, it probably puts him in a better position than most to be able to gauge when a club - or an owner - is running things badly.

We will have to see what AL is like in the future but it certainly sounds like he had a destabilising effect on the squad in the final few weeks of the season, and if Craig Davies is telling the truth - and I have no reason to disbelieve him - then the owner had a disastrous effect on team morale in the week leading up to the vitally important last match of the season at Northampton.

Whilst AL undoubtedly would have had best intentions he was definitely misguided and it backfired badly. I hope he’s leant his lesson on that score. Leave the management and performance of the team to the manager of the football club.

Stop meddling!!

8 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

You don’t know that it’s self serving. I would imagine quite a few other players at the club would say very similar things if they were allowed to.

As for him having 17 previous clubs, it probably puts him in a better position than most to be able to gauge when a club - or an owner - is running things badly.

We will have to see what AL is like in the future but it certainly sounds like he had a destabilising effect on the squad in the final few weeks of the season, and if Craig Davies is telling the truth - and I have no reason to disbelieve him - then the owner had a disastrous effect on team morale in the week leading up to the vitally important last match of the season at Northampton.

Whilst AL undoubtedly would have had best intentions he was definitely misguided and it backfired badly. I hope he’s leant his lesson on that score. Leave the management and performance of the team to the manager of the football club.

Stop meddling!!

100% agree with your last paragraphs, and the Trust gave now said he might not stay with the team, so hopefully that sorts that if it happens.?

He wasn't at some of the clubs long enough to find out. 

It's self serving because he just downed tools for 6 months and he was part of a team that relegated us, and he wants to deflect the blame onto someone else how convenient the owner that refused him a move. It's Trump-esqueky basic.. 

It's not new, because Gerrard, a current playert, already told us and directly, whilst still employed. I think Gerrard is whiny and easily triggered but respect he had the balls to do it, with no exaggeration of it like Craig Davies done saying multiple meetings and multiple humiliations in front of the team. 

It reads that Davies was a the one called onto the office. If that is true, who was the whinge against? What if it was Fane for his French article l? or frustrating performance? I reckon Duffus possibly too but we all thought it. And it was rumoured that was a huge row when anything could have been said rather than a constant. 

I'm willing to bet it goes on all the time at many clubs. Wellens us core to this and may have perpetuated an aggrieved clique. 

If FB tightens it all up, it will highlight previous deficiencies, if not then we'll know it is endemic in the new owner.