Craig Davies

While we are talking about self serving where was Simon Brooke in all this?, it's okay blaming Corney months after he has departed and that may even buy AL some time, but while Brooke was getting pally with AL he has effectively put himself in a position where he it would of been difficult to point out AL's error of his ways for fear of upsetting him and jeopardising anything he had planned for himself in the pipeline. 

10 hours ago, HallamBlue said:

To be honest its not worth a lot as £50 of talent in that line up. None offered much to the cause suspect Mclaughlin next up. Matt Chambers would do well to sit this out. 

Banks well enough said, Duffus bit of a prick as under contract for now assume he was paid when ill and not contributing (could be wrong ), Tope released , Terry and Cross moved on.  

What has that got to do with it. Would you sign if this is how you think you might be treated? 

8 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

Couldn’t disagree with you more! He’s not saying it to demoralise anyone. He’s telling it how it is.

He obviously got on well with a lot of the players and staff at the club and has no axe to grind with anyone except the current owner. He’s merely saying things that he would never have been able to say if he’d still been at the club.

It doesn’t bode well for the club if AL is going to run it like that. ?

It's a resonable perspective to have.

But without any knowledge or even debatable suspicions as to the extent of any financial or structural anomalies AL is under it would be fair to ask 'whats the point' of a press and social media outburst.

AL may have been misled or badly advised. He may be totally out of his depth or cronically underfunded - who  knows. Can anyone help after this disclosure? Does it benefit the club in 'any way'? 

We, as supporters, have suffered years of bad luck and poor executive management decisions. We are not alone, at any level. Nor have we had the most serious setbacks.

The press and social media are awash with disaffected people giving a one sided view, often with far more tangible facts than Craig Davies has given. One common denominator usually applies though - they are no longer on the payroll.

Self preservation is a natural trait in us all. As is 'don't rock the boat while you're being paid'.

The club could be on its way to hell in a handcart. Craig Davies as thrown us a line or given us a push. You choose.

26 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

While we are talking about self serving where was Simon Brooke in all this?, it's okay blaming Corney months after he has departed and that may even buy AL some time, but while Brooke was getting pally with AL he has effectively put himself in a position where he it would of been difficult to point out AL's error of his ways for fear of upsetting him and jeopardising anything he had planned for himself in the pipeline. 

Not really...truth be known he stood up to Corney to the pointment where it became personal by the ex owner and I will say now bullying.  We were at the poiny of seeking legal advice over the behaviour as on the Oafc board you are an employee. The sustained period of this meant that  Brooke and he has openly admitted this at the AGM, caused him to have a breakdown last Summer. Thats the mental cost it caused your Rep to carry on walking in our club and thst he was doing it free if charge for us.Being made to wait outside meetings banned from the North Stand asking why we had renewed loans why the bills hadn't been paid. 

Brooke is a latics fan first and foremost before he took on his new role at the club. It was him who had to Al exactly what he was buying as Al thought early stages, he was getting the ground land etc.

You can advise all you like but it depends if that person takes it..hopefully learning the lessons Al has will help

23 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

It's a resonable perspective to have.

But without any knowledge or even debatable suspicions as to the extent of any financial or structural anomalies AL is under it would be fair to ask 'whats the point' of a press and social media outburst.

AL may have been misled or badly advised. He may be totally out of his depth or cronically underfunded - who  knows. Can anyone help after this disclosure? Does it benefit the club in 'any way'? 

We, as supporters, have suffered years of bad luck and poor executive management decisions. We are not alone, at any level. Nor have we had the most serious setbacks.

The press and social media are awash with disaffected people giving a one sided view, often with far more tangible facts than Craig Davies has given. One common denominator usually applies though - they are no longer on the payroll.

Self preservation is a natural trait in us all. As is 'don't rock the boat while you're being paid'.

The club could be on its way to hell in a handcart. Craig Davies as thrown us a line or given us a push. You choose.

Personally I think he’s telling the fans how it was at the club, probably more so since Corney left. Anthony Gerrard has hinted at things previously with his somewhat cryptic tweets but when pressed for more he hasn’t said anything, obviously because he’s on the payroll and would probably be in big trouble if he did.

Davies has now left the club so is free to speak. I’m not saying that he’s totally blameless in all of this. He did seem to down tools after the January window, and that was unprofessional and damaging to the team, but I can’t see any reason why he would lie about the going’s on towards the end of the season, and if the new owner is going to run the club like that it is a recipe for disaster and will cause ill feeling and discontent throughout the club.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I look at it as AL approached Simon Brooke as he saw in him someone who could take the club to another level with his commercial expertise. Nothing wrong with recruiting people you feel you can trust (forgive the pun).

Who the next trust director will be I don't know, is it a job you fancy?

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I look at it as AL approached Simon Brooke as he saw in him someone who could take the club to another level with his commercial expertise. Nothing wrong with recruiting people you feel you can trust (forgive the pun).

Who the next trust director will be I don't know, is it a job you fancy?

Diane Mellor. You h\ave t have served for a year.

11 hours ago, deyres42 said:

What has actually changed from the Corney era? Is it that this guy is actually taking a greater interest in where his money is going and it is putting a few noses out of joint?

We’ve been relegated for one!!

I’m in the usual “Here we go again” bubble with regards to Davies’ tweet.

As much as it is yet another demoralising and worrying tweet, I can’t help but feel it’s not what we’ve heard all before. That of course, doesn’t make it right, it never has and never will. Staff should be paid on time, every time, no questions asked. Abdallah needs to learn and quick on many counts including leaving the running of the players and the football team to the manager he has appointed. His involvement (if any) should be restricted to bringing trialists , should he want them there. These however should be solely down to Bunn whether he believes they’re good enough and/or he can work with them to improve them.

Davies states players being paid late, AL interfering and calling players out on performances (Fane was banned by AL) as well as AL entering the dressing room at half time of the Southend game.

All of these issues, rather ironically were addressed at the Trust Oldham AGM. Now, I went there to ask questions (Lee Sinnott asked most of them on my behalf so didn’t need to) but I came away in acceptance of the answers I were given and had assurances that things over time would improve with the correct board in place and the correct infrastructure going forward. This will however take time.

Of the above issues, again one that Davies raises in his tweet/insta story were the following answers:

Players Being Paid Late – Players were paid late, not good enough but categorically told that this wouldn’t happen again. This was due to lack of funds in the bank account, as well as administrative error. Actions will speak louder than words, let’s wait and see come the end of this month.

Abdallah interfering – Abdallah has admitted to making a lot of mistakes, there certainly won’t be any dressing room visits. We were also told that AL wants to learn quickly and is now, at away games not even staying in the same hotel as the players but insists should players want to speak his door is always open

Club going forward – Told that the club were relatively debt free, no necarcu or Brassbank charges outstanding, no embargo for the first time in ages and also a board set to be put in place.

Final Statement – We are further away from pressing the emergency button than we have been under a previous owner

My own conclusion is let’s wait and see how much all of this changes in the coming season. Certainly time will tell.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Possibly. Same division for 20 odd years though. Changed owner, went down. ⬇️

Lets hope this season is very different, in a positive way.

The previous owner made it very clear in one of his videos (might have been last summer) that there was no further funding forthcoming - the indications are that we were very close to the edge.

The new guy has made mistakes a plenty and will probably make more however we don't really have any choice but to back him as there is no other white knight on the horizon.

For Corney's faults, he did know how to make the right decision and help mould the right atmosphere around the club to get us to safety. Unfortunately with all the shortcuts, and papering over cracks, it left us floundering season after season.

When Lemsagam came in, it now seems it really destabilised the mood and atmosphere, and a team of decently talented players (we all saw how well we played for that brief spell, and got giddy for a bit) got relegated. For anyone doubting how a positive atmosphere can boost a team, look to England at the World Cup!

It remains to be seen how this season will go, and how our general season-by-season fortunes will change, but after expecting an exodus of our top earners, lads like Byrne Dummigan and Hunt are knuckling down in training by all accounts, and don't appear to be banging the door down to leave as Davies and Duffus seem to have done.

I for one will be cautious over trusting everything the new owner does, after both his predecessors left under a dark cloud after making promises they couldn't keep, but as a natural optimist I'll keep the faith. I have a feeling he'll come good.

9 hours ago, Ryan said:

He signed last summer. Hasn't Abdallah 'unofficially' been in charge (putting money in) since last August? Happy to be corrected. 

You're not doing yourself any favour pushing that one...

Corney was Owner and Chairman up to the end of January. Taking shots at a guy (AL) who owned absolutely nothing but has "effectively" or "unofficially" been bailing out the man who owned the club seems a bit ludicrous.  

14 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Are you suggesting that this behaviour is reasonable and it’s the players fault for signing?!?

How in hell's name could you interpret that in that way? I was asking why the poster thought that the views of several players didn't matter because they were not great players 

45 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

As much as it is yet another demoralising and worrying tweet, I can’t help but feel it’s not what we’ve heard all before. That of course, doesn’t make it right, it never has and never will. Staff should be paid on time, every time, no questions asked. Abdallah needs to learn and quick on many counts including leaving the running of the players and the football team to the manager he has appointed. His involvement (if any) should be restricted to bringing trialists , should he want them there. These however should be solely down to Bunn whether he believes they’re good enough and/or he can work with them to improve them.

Davies states players being paid late, AL interfering and calling players out on performances (Fane was banned by AL) as well as AL entering the dressing room at half time of the Southend game.

All of these issues, rather ironically were addressed at the Trust Oldham AGM. Now, I went there to ask questions (Lee Sinnott asked most of them on my behalf so didn’t need to) but I came away in acceptance of the answers I were given and had assurances that things over time would improve with the correct board in place and the correct infrastructure going forward. This will however take time.

Of the above issues, again one that Davies raises in his tweet/insta story were the following answers:

Players Being Paid Late – Players were paid late, not good enough but categorically told that this wouldn’t happen again. This was due to lack of funds in the bank account, as well as administrative error. Actions will speak louder than words, let’s wait and see come the end of this month.

Abdallah interfering – Abdallah has admitted to making a lot of mistakes, there certainly won’t be any dressing room visits. We were also told that AL wants to learn quickly and is now, at away games not even staying in the same hotel as the players but insists should players want to speak his door is always open

Club going forward – Told that the club were relatively debt free, no necarcu or Brassbank charges outstanding, no embargo for the first time in ages and also a board set to be put in place.

Final Statement – We are further away from pressing the emergency button than we have been under a previous owner

My own conclusion is let’s wait and see how much all of this changes in the coming season. Certainly time will tell.

Very measured post.

But is the bit in bold true, seen nothing in the other posts.

We seem to have swapped necarcu for RLJ Global. Admittedly RLJ are a much higher standard outfit, but we don't know the rates.

Edited by singe

10 minutes ago, singe said:

Very measured post.

But is the bit in bold true, seen nothing in the other posts.

We seem to have swapped necarcu for RLJ Global. Admittedly RLJ are a much higher standard outfit, but we don't know the rates.

That's not a charge, it's the person with significant control. I presume it's AL's company as it holds over 75% of the shares but don't know for certain. It's stated on the Fishul that AL holds 97% so putting 2 and 2 together, that's what I've come up with.

The other 2 charges haven't been satisfied on Companies House yet either but Simon B did confirm that they were clear.

2 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

That's not a charge, it's the person with significant control. I presume it's AL's company as it holds over 75% of the shares but don't know for certain. It's stated on the Fishul that AL holds 97% so putting 2 and 2 together, that's what I've come up with.

The other 2 charges haven't been satisfied on Companies House yet either but Simon B did confirm that they were clear.

Cheers Jorvik.
Clarifying, is RLJ Gobal AL's company? Or is it who has lent the money and C/O address.
I can find an RLJ prominent American Company but they have no offices listed in UAE.

That is not to say they do not exist.

1 minute ago, singe said:

Cheers Jorvik.
Clarifying, is RLJ Gobal AL's company? Or is it who has lent the money and C/O address.
I can find an RLJ prominent American Company but they have no offices listed in UAE.

That is not to say they do not exist.

I don't think it's anything to do with the American company that comes up when you search. With the statement that they own the shares, my view is that it has to be Lemsagam's company. If it was a loan then they wouldn't own the shares, it would be a charge against them. 

2 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

Is there any minutes ?

34 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I don't think it's anything to do with the American company that comes up when you search. With the statement that they own the shares, my view is that it has to be Lemsagam's company. If it was a loan then they wouldn't own the shares, it would be a charge against them. 

Here is one of the more comprehensive UAE Business Directories.

It lists 550 business in the Hamirya Free Zone alone One of the most comprehensive in the UAE.

http://www.uaeonlinedirectory.com/default.aspx

Here is the list under R Nothing under RLJ

VAT registration became compulsory and 75,000 more needed to be registered ahead of the deadline for the whole of the UAE.

Company Name PO Box Zone Telephone Category Report  

RIDDHI SIDDHI GENERAL TRADING FZC 42158 HAMRIYAH FREE ZONE 06 5261896 GENERAL TRADING
credit_report.jpg
view_button.jpg

RIVIERA BOAT INDUSTRIAL INVESTMENT CO. 41854 HAMRIYAH FREE ZONE 06 5260555  
credit_report.jpg
view_button.jpg

RIZ TRADING FZE 41763 HAMRIYAH FREE ZONE 06 5261096  
credit_report.jpg
view_button.jpg

RMA TRADING FZE 49483 HAMRIYAH FREE ZONE 04 2275871 GENERAL TRADING
credit_report.jpg
view_button.jpg

ROBERTS ORIENT FZC 42157 HAMRIYAH FREE ZONE 06 5261615  
credit_report.jpg
view_button.jpg

ROMA INTERNATIONAL FZC 42294 HAMRIYAH FREE ZONE 06 5261312  
credit_report.jpg
view_button.jpg

ROOFINGS MIDDLE EAST FZE 41905 HAMRIYAH FREE ZONE 06 5260081  
credit_report.jpg
view_button.jpg

ROYAL HOUSING FZE 41823 HAMRIYAH FREE ZONE 06 5260680  
credit_report.jpg
view_button.jpg

ROYAL TRADING FZC 41595 HAMRIYAH FREE ZONE 06 5263979  
credit_report.jpg
view_button.jpg

ROYALE GLOBAL TRADING LLC 42592 HAMRIYAH FREE ZONE 06 5263499  
credit_report.jpg
view_button.jpg
<< ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... >>

Edited by singe

5 minutes ago, singe said:

Here is one of the more comprehensive UAE Business Directories.

It lists 550 business in the Hamirya Free Zone alone One of the most comprehensive in the UAE.

http://www.uaeonlinedirectory.com/default.aspx

Here is the list under R Nothing under RLJ

VAT registration became compulsory and 75,000 more needed to be registered ahead of the deadline for the whole of the UAE.

Company Name PO Box Zone Telephone Category Report  

RIDDHI SIDDHI GENERAL TRADING FZC 42158 HAMRIYAH FREE ZONE 06 5261896 GENERAL TRADING
credit_report.jpg
view_button.jpg

RIVIERA BOAT INDUSTRIAL INVESTMENT CO. 41854 HAMRIYAH FREE ZONE 06 5260555  
credit_report.jpg
view_button.jpg

RIZ TRADING FZE 41763 HAMRIYAH FREE ZONE 06 5261096  
credit_report.jpg
view_button.jpg

RMA TRADING FZE 49483 HAMRIYAH FREE ZONE 04 2275871 GENERAL TRADING
credit_report.jpg
view_button.jpg

ROBERTS ORIENT FZC 42157 HAMRIYAH FREE ZONE 06 5261615  
credit_report.jpg
view_button.jpg

ROMA INTERNATIONAL FZC 42294 HAMRIYAH FREE ZONE 06 5261312  
credit_report.jpg
view_button.jpg

ROOFINGS MIDDLE EAST FZE 41905 HAMRIYAH FREE ZONE 06 5260081  
credit_report.jpg
view_button.jpg

ROYAL HOUSING FZE 41823 HAMRIYAH FREE ZONE 06 5260680  
credit_report.jpg
view_button.jpg

ROYAL TRADING FZC 41595 HAMRIYAH FREE ZONE 06 5263979  
credit_report.jpg
view_button.jpg

ROYALE GLOBAL TRADING LLC 42592 HAMRIYAH FREE ZONE 06 5263499  
credit_report.jpg
view_button.jpg
<< ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... >>

I'm working my way through these list of registers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_company_registers#United_Arab_Emirates

It is a very industrial area, full of factories.