Craig Davies

32 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

RLJ Capital Global Fzc is listed as having significant control of Oldham Athletic (2004) Ltd., having taken over this control from Simon Corney on 24.01.18. The company is based in the United Arab Emirates. I presume this is AL's company?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04989487/filing-history

I would definitely  assume it is Lemsagam.

The  point of these Free zone companies  in the UAE is that you can only trade within the zone itself or overseas I.e. you have no access to the local market. But they do come with the benefit of residency visas without needing a local  sponsor. So  it's an ideal vehicle for him to invest in a foreign football club yet retain residency for him and his family there.

However, the designation FZC, as opposed to FZE, does mean there is more than one shareholder in the company. That may just be his brother of course, but I guess it's conceivable that another investor is involved.

42 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

RLJ Capital Global Fzc is listed as having significant control of Oldham Athletic (2004) Ltd., having taken over this control from Simon Corney on 24.01.18. The company is based in the United Arab Emirates. I presume this is AL's company?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04989487/filing-history

What I'm are trying to find mark, is some tract of the company. I'ts not the African/American Co of same name seemingly.

2 minutes ago, bozman said:

The  point of these Free zone companies  in the UAE is that you can only trade within the zone itself or overseas I.e. you have no access to the local market. But they do come with the benefit of residency visas without needing a local  sponsor. So  it's an ideal vehicle for him to invest in a foreign football club yet retain residency for him and his family there.

However, the designation FZC, as opposed to FZE, does mean there is more than one shareholder in the company. That may just be his brother of course, but I guess it's conceivable that another investor is involved.

Cheers Bozman, an invaluable insight.

Outlier, but there are 7 sub zones, that seem to have buildings alpha numeric numbered by the zone.

One is Prrfume World zone.

Is it possible that P5 refers to Building 5 int he Perfume world?

http://www.hfza.ae/Portals/0/pdf/HFZA_SME_brochure.pdf

It does not correlate directly to the map.
https://www.google.com/maps/@25.4550608,55.4912182,14z

Edited by singe

4 hours ago, underdog said:

Not really...truth be known he stood up to Corney to the pointment where it became personal by the ex owner and I will say now bullying.  We were at the poiny of seeking legal advice over the behaviour as on the Oafc board you are an employee. The sustained period of this meant that  Brooke and he has openly admitted this at the AGM, caused him to have a breakdown last Summer. Thats the mental cost it caused your Rep to carry on walking in our club and thst he was doing it free if charge for us.Being made to wait outside meetings banned from the North Stand asking why we had renewed loans why the bills hadn't been paid. 

Brooke is a latics fan first and foremost before he took on his new role at the club. It was him who had to Al exactly what he was buying as Al thought early stages, he was getting the ground land etc.

You can advise all you like but it depends if that person takes it..hopefully learning the lessons Al has will help

Does anyone else reckon AL is not the sharpest knife in the drawer? 

23 minutes ago, bozman said:

I prefer man marking to this zonal thing.

2 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

You're not doing yourself any favour pushing that one...

Corney was Owner and Chairman up to the end of January. Taking shots at a guy (AL) who owned absolutely nothing but has "effectively" or "unofficially" been bailing out the man who owned the club seems a bit ludicrous.  

Just to clear things up I’m not defending Corney - never would.

3 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

Possibly. Same division for 20 odd years though. Changed owner, went down. ⬇️

Lets hope this season is very different, in a positive way.

We've spent years now robbing Peter to pay Paul in order to avoid relegation.

Early discounts on season tickets, unpaid loan fees, unpaid advance ticket sales, Necarcu loans.

It was always going to catch up with us eventually. Not really a surprise that the cards fell down when Corney left the building. He had plenty of experience of stringing everyone along.

28 minutes ago, singe said:

Cheers Bozman, an invaluable insight.

Outlier, but there are 7 sub zones, that seem to have buildings alpha numeric numbered by the zone.

One is Prrfume World zone.

Is it possible that P5 refers to Building 5 int he Perfume world?

http://www.hfza.ae/Portals/0/pdf/HFZA_SME_brochure.pdf

It does not correlate directly to the map.
https://www.google.com/maps/@25.4550608,55.4912182,14z

I don't know if there is any logic to the building numbering to be honest.

What I do know is that, whilst these zones all focus on particular industry sectors, the rules are not rigid. I have a relative with a PR business located in one of the technology/internet zones and AL's agency business was in a  zone focused on Commodities.

I must admit I'm not sure why he'd have the agency office in Jumeirah Lake Towers ( which is a nice area of Dubai) but then set up JLT in Sharjah (which is pretty rough).

1 minute ago, bozman said:

What I do know is that, whilst these zones all focus on particular industry sectors, the rules are not rigid. I have a relative with a PR business located in one of the technology/internet zones and AL's agency business was in a  zone focused on Commodities.

I must admit I'm not sure why he'd have the agency office in Jumeirah Lake Towers ( which is a nice area of Dubai) but then set up JLT in Sharjah (which is pretty rough).

Likely just a nominal address? Doesn't mean he's got a big office there or anything 

13 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

We've spent years now robbing Peter to pay Paul in order to avoid relegation.

Early discounts on season tickets, unpaid loan fees, unpaid advance ticket sales, Necarcu loans.

It was always going to catch up with us eventually. Not really a surprise that the cards fell down when Corney left the building. He had plenty of experience of stringing everyone along.

True, except we were robbing Paul to pay Simon-Peter.

26 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Likely just a nominal address? Doesn't mean he's got a big office there or anything 

Probably correct, I was more wondering, from a practical point of view, why he'd set up a  company in a different free zone 30 miles away  when he already had one in another.

The answer is probably the fact that the start up costs are only about 25% of the cost  to set up in JLT. Makes sense if he isn't actually going to conduct any meaningful business from there.

39 minutes ago, bozman said:

Very much my confusion. I  looked on Google Maps streetview and the difference is so stark, even though Iw as obviously not sure which exact area. Cheers.

4 hours ago, archiecat said:

Does anyone else reckon AL is not the sharpest knife in the drawer? 

When Al started to attend BP he was advised not to seek out the a Trust as we were "trouble". Luckily he's a man who makes up his own mind and went and sought out Simon Brooke , your Trust rep and of course to find out about who owned  the other  shares

Simon had nothing to gain, he was at the club one day a week unpaid as Trust rep and not a paid employee of the club but a member of the OAFC board. He had knowledge and He could diplomatically, tell it like it was without to a certain degree jeopardising the take over

the conversation with Al believing he was buying lock stock and two smoking barrels...yes smoking barrels was early on as they'd both were looking over the pitch at all that is BP. 

The honest, diplomacy built an understanding that they both wanted the best for our club. Simon being a successful marketing manager himself, had the skills to help the club further on a paid basis and full time. So he resigned  at the AGM

we wish him well, like I said he volunteered to go back to BP weekly and his mental health suffered last Summer, we all didn't realise how much it was effecting him the treatment  from the previous owner our behalf.  Let's just say more than one trust director would have liked a few words with Corney over it and Brookey decided not to rock the boat with Al coming in just at the time we sought legal advice over it and was about to write to the club secretary to remind them of their anti bullying policy, equality and diversity in the work and what the trust entitlement was on the board of OAFC. But Al was in the horizon and Brookey decide not to rock the boat and we should give a united (hate that word) good impression of our club

Edited by underdog

4 minutes ago, HallamBlue said:

Its a varied opinion on players I would not like to see in a latics shirt again for contribution I have witnessed., I prefer to listen to the opinions of the ones with smiles on faces in training not those that to some degree failed and do have axes to grind like Banks  but agree totally signings are not likely from anyone of quality. Spoke to a young player yesterday by pure chance whose comment was "buzzing for the season managers are great lots of good stuff in training."

The bit I am stunned at is the defence from some of Corney. From what I am told AL is is pretty much in shock at the stuff hes uncovered that he wasnt aware of even if he should have been. Tracy has reported positive stuff so who knows. 

Do you reckon corney and him are still besties?

6 minutes ago, HallamBlue said:

11 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

What has that got to do with it. Would you sign if this is how you think you might be treated? 

Its a varied opinion on players I would not like to see in a latics shirt again for contribution I have witnessed., I prefer to listen to the opinions of the ones with smiles on faces in training not those that to some degree failed and do have axes to grind like Banks  but agree totally signings are not likely from anyone of quality

Well you conveniently forgot to answer Dave-Og question-would you sign if that's how you were going to be treated? Never mind smiles on faces.

16 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I would say you don’t become a millionaire without intelligence

but Donald Trump blows that point out of the water 

You would also think that a successful businessman would smell rat after rat in his purchase of the club.

Thinking more about the scenario,maybe being from another part of the world AL wouldn't know the value of the club ,ground ,land, etc etc bu.t surely to god one of his advisors would have an idea on the valuation.

For Simon Brooke to have to put him straight is farcical.

1 hour ago, underdog said:

When Al started to attend BP he was advised not to seek out the a Trust as we were "trouble". Luckily he's a man who makes up his own mind and went and sought out Simon Brooke , your Trust rep and of course to find out about who owned  the other  shares

Simon had nothing to gain, he was at the club one day a week unpaid as Trust rep and not a paid employee of the club but a member of the OAFC board. He had knowledge and He could diplomatically, tell it like it was without to a certain degree jeopardising the take over

the conversation with Al believing he was buying lock stock and two smoking barrels...yes smoking barrels was early on as they'd both were looking over the pitch at all that is BP. 

The honest, diplomacy built an understanding that they both wanted the best for our club. Simon being a successful marketing manager himself, had the skills to help the club further on a paid basis and full time. So he resigned  at the AGM

we wish him well, like I said he volunteered to go back to BP weekly and his mental health suffered last Summer, we all didn't realise how much it was effecting him the treatment  from the previous owner our behalf.  Let's just say more than one trust director would have liked a few words with Corney over it and Brookey decided not to rock the boat with Al coming in just at the time we sought legal advice over it and was about to write to the club secretary to remind them of their anti bullying policy, equality and diversity in the work and what the trust entitlement was on the board of OAFC. But Al was in the horizon and Brookey decide not to rock the boat and we should give a united (hate that word) good impression of our club

I hope Simon Brooke does well for both the club and himself.

I have no reason to doubt his abilities, maybe it would have been an idea to fess up to taking the job and maybe he should have given Corney a clip to save the heatache.

4 minutes ago, archiecat said:

You would also think that a successful businessman would smell rat after rat in his purchase of the club.

Thinking more about the scenario,maybe being from another part of the world AL wouldn't know the value of the club ,ground ,land, etc etc bu.t surely to god one of his advisors would have an idea on the valuation.

For Simon Brooke to have to put him straight is farcical.

Maybe, or he could have been testing the water with regards to who would tell him the truth

13 minutes ago, archiecat said:

I hope Simon Brooke does well for both the club and himself.

I have no reason to doubt his abilities, maybe it would have been an idea to fess up to taking the job and maybe he should have given Corney a clip to save the heatache.

He stepped up to help out more when the last commercial person think it was Billy, left and there as no one to help at our club.  It was unpaid and we had no qualms that he would not be conflicted as he was not a paid employee and helping our club out. He was offered it full time paid pre AGM again he was totally honest with us and he tendered his resignation.

You could say the karma for him came when the club board announced and served notice of an EGM before the last game of the season, to happen the week after the last game of the season. The EGM agenda being one topic. The removal of Director Corney. There were only 3 who could vote...I remember the vote as ABC, Al, Brooke, Corney. The surprise was that  Corney actually showed up, there was an exchange of words and it's at that point that alledgedly, Corney tied himself to the Sun article.  The vote went ahead, the rest is history. Bearing in mind corney was asked to resign with the rest of the board (except trust director) feb time, he did not do so and remained in situ until May. I think we can all imagine what it must have been like at the club in that timeframe and for all concerned and who worked there