Craig Davies

52 minutes ago, archiecat said:

You would also think that a successful businessman would smell rat after rat in his purchase of the club.

Thinking more about the scenario,maybe being from another part of the world AL wouldn't know the value of the club ,ground ,land, etc etc bu.t surely to god one of his advisors would have an idea on the valuation.

For Simon Brooke to have to put him straight is farcical.

Absolutely agree.

I have to say though, Corney is nothing if not a very massive Del Boy. He has the gift of the gab and that has shown from his “come and see me videos” and meetings during his tenure.

i defended him to the hilt but the evidence recently (and things I was made aware of before) show him to be a complete charlatan who literally chatted his way from one disaster to the next.

AL has been incredibly naive in his purchase of the club I agree but he has pumped in nearly 4 million pounds to try to correct the errors of Corney. 

Personally, I’d have said “fuck this” and walked away 

4 mil to AL could be the same as 400 quid to us,who knows, maybe one day this story will be the basis of a hollywood blockbuster.

Ralph Fiennes would make an excellent Corney, would have to up his game from Voldemort though ! 

8 minutes ago, archiecat said:

4 mil to AL could be the same as 400 quid to us,who knows, maybe one day this story will be the basis of a hollywood blockbuster.

Ralph Fiennes would make an excellent Corney, would have to up his game from Voldemort though ! 

I was thing Ralph's role in schindlers list is brutal and I really have gone off topic now

Edited by underdog

I remember all that crap about how long due diligence takes leading to delay after delay before AL took over.  What were they doing?  AL has on the one hand purchased a 'business' which is in far worse shape than he thought and on the other spent months checking the veracity of what he was being told.  Simply does not add up.

Either he has been duped by skilled misrepresentation or he and his advisers are second rate.

Given what we know about his management style it rathe looks like the latter.

The more we hear the worse it gets!