Checkatrade 2018/19

6 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Everton are our 'invited' team to complete the group.

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Interesting reunion for Jose Baxter methinks ?

1 hour ago, philliggi said:

Nothing interesting about this whatsoever

Have to disagree philliggi - It is highly likely that a number of the Everton team will be known to Jose and will have trained and played with him last season. Seems an interesting matchup to me..

but a a fair point well made.

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Didn't we play Bradford away in last season's comp?

If so thought it was in the rules that if drawn together again the following season we would be at home?

We had Crewe, Port Vale and Newcastle u23s in our group.

If we played Bradford it was in one of the later rounds.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just doing some analysis on this and we play our final game before Barnsley play their second game. 

I thought all this had been banned in cup competitions. 

The last game between Barnsley and Bradford could be played out to 0-0 to ensure they both get the point they deserve, shocked no-one at the club has raised this with EFL and re-arranged our game with Everton to suit. 

45 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Just doing some analysis on this and we play our final game before Barnsley play their second game. 

The last game between Barnsley and Bradford could be played out to 0-0 to ensure they both get the point they deserve, shocked no-one at the club has raised this with EFL and re-arranged our game with Everton to suit. 

Just a propos of nothing really, how long did you spend on analysis?

1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

It happened a bit last season. I think it depends on the u21/u23 side, as City played their last game out-of-synch with others, after the draw for the next round had been made.

Coincidentally last night City had a game in the Checkatrade and the League Cup. 

FWIW at the 2026 World Cup there will be groups of 3, so we could have a repeat of the disgrace of Gijion. 

5 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Nobody. Fucking. Cares.

1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

Plus I guarantee half of these that don't care will be at Wembley the year we make it ....

So?  I probably would but it would feel a bit like going there to watch Latics play Spurs in a friendly because I have no interest in the competition whatsoever.

We play 46 league games; ideally we might play a few games in the proper cup competitions; and we might make the playoffs, potentially adding a further three games.

For me, this competition adds unnecessary games, with the risk of injuries and suspensions.  I'd like us to get knocked out as early as possible.

2 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

So?  I probably would but it would feel a bit like going there to watch Latics play Spurs in a friendly because I have no interest in the competition whatsoever.

We play 46 league games; ideally we might play a few games in the proper cup competitions; and we might make the playoffs, potentially adding a further three games.

For me, this competition adds unnecessary games, with the risk of injuries and suspensions.  I'd like us to get knocked out as early as possible.

Did you say the same about the Anglo-Italian?