Jump to content
OWTB Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kowenicki

Checkatrade 2018/19

Recommended Posts

Bit like last year, Bury Rochdale and Latics would have been much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Barnsley? Since when did Championship teams play in it? 

Barnsley went down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Everton are our 'invited' team to complete the group.

Interesting reunion for Jose Baxter methinks ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Everton are our 'invited' team to complete the group.

 

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Interesting reunion for Jose Baxter methinks ?

 

1 hour ago, philliggi said:

Nothing interesting about this whatsoever

 

Have to disagree philliggi - It is highly likely that a number of the Everton team will be known to Jose and will have trained and played with him last season. Seems an interesting matchup to me..

 

but a a fair point well made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't we play Bradford away in last season's comp?

If so thought it was in the rules that if drawn together again the following season we would be at home?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Didn't we play Bradford away in last season's comp?

If so thought it was in the rules that if drawn together again the following season we would be at home?

We had Crewe, Port Vale and Newcastle u23s in our group.

 

If we played Bradford it was in one of the later rounds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rudemedic said:

We had Crewe, Port Vale and Newcastle u23s in our group.

 

If we played Bradford it was in one of the later rounds.

I can only remember the Newcastle game out of those 3!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Everton one up at Bradford.

 

Decent scoreline for us.

 

Hands up who knew that was on and relevant.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just doing some analysis on this and we play our final game before Barnsley play their second game. 

 

I thought all this had been banned in cup competitions. 

 

The last game between Barnsley and Bradford could be played out to 0-0 to ensure they both get the point they deserve, shocked no-one at the club has raised this with EFL and re-arranged our game with Everton to suit. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Just doing some analysis on this and we play our final game before Barnsley play their second game. 

 

I thought all this had been banned in cup competitions. 

 

The last game between Barnsley and Bradford could be played out to 0-0 to ensure they both get the point they deserve, shocked no-one at the club has raised this with EFL and re-arranged our game with Everton to suit. 

 

Just a propos of nothing really, how long did you spend on analysis?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

Just doing some analysis on this and we play our final game before Barnsley play their second game. 

 

I thought all this had been banned in cup competitions. 

 

The last game between Barnsley and Bradford could be played out to 0-0 to ensure they both get the point they deserve, shocked no-one at the club has raised this with EFL and re-arranged our game with Everton to suit. 

It happened a bit last season. I think it depends on the u21/u23 side, as City played their last game out-of-synch with others, after the draw for the next round had been made.

 

Coincidentally last night City had a game in the Checkatrade and the League Cup. 

 

FWIW at the 2026 World Cup there will be groups of 3, so we could have a repeat of the disgrace of Gijion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Just doing some analysis on this and we play our final game before Barnsley play their second game. 

 

I thought all this had been banned in cup competitions. 

 

The last game between Barnsley and Bradford could be played out to 0-0 to ensure they both get the point they deserve, shocked no-one at the club has raised this with EFL and re-arranged our game with Everton to suit. 

Nobody. Fucking. Cares.

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You did... enough to click the title of the thread entitled ‘checkatrade’ so there was no confusion... then to read... and then to reply...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

Plus I guarantee half of these that don't care will be at Wembley the year we make it ....

So?  I probably would but it would feel a bit like going there to watch Latics play Spurs in a friendly because I have no interest in the competition whatsoever.

 

We play 46 league games; ideally we might play a few games in the proper cup competitions; and we might make the playoffs, potentially adding a further three games.

 

For me, this competition adds unnecessary games, with the risk of injuries and suspensions.  I'd like us to get knocked out as early as possible.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oldhamoafc said:

You did... enough to click the title of the thread entitled ‘checkatrade’ so there was no confusion... then to read... and then to reply...

There was nothing else to read at that time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

So?  I probably would but it would feel a bit like going there to watch Latics play Spurs in a friendly because I have no interest in the competition whatsoever.

 

We play 46 league games; ideally we might play a few games in the proper cup competitions; and we might make the playoffs, potentially adding a further three games.

 

For me, this competition adds unnecessary games, with the risk of injuries and suspensions.  I'd like us to get knocked out as early as possible.

Did you say the same about the Anglo-Italian?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×