Another member of the French foreign legion

Think this has been covered in other threads but I must say AL's transfer policy is starting to piss me off no end, lessons learnt my arse and he'd better hope Bunn and Rhodes can pull a rabbit out of the hat because if this season starts badly it could turn toxic down at BP very quickly, never in a million years are these Bunn and Rhodes signings and it appears he can't help himself despite the shit he's put us through the season gone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Think this has been covered in other threads but I must say AL's transfer policy is starting to piss me off no end, lessons learnt my arse and he'd better hope Bunn and Rhodes can pull a rabbit out of the hat because if this season starts badly it could turn toxic down at BP very quickly, never in a million years are these Bunn and Rhodes signings and it appears he can't help himself despite the shit he's put us through the season gone.

Agree 100%. 

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

So you don't think that there's just a glimmer that FB and AR saw the kid in training and at Ashton and thought, "we'll give this a go. He's got some promise" OK

12 minutes ago, losesome said:

Can you imagine if the premier league fans boiled their own piss every time a player not from chadderton was signed??

you all wanted Corney out... you got it and yet beat the new guy with every fucking stick you can find 

17 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

So you don't think that there's just a glimmer that FB and AR saw the kid in training and at Ashton and thought, "we'll give this a go. He's got some promise" OK

No I think they have a pretty extensive knowledge of Championship Academies though yet we have seen them bring in one centrehalf, bet you my bottom dollar they'd never heard of any of AL's recruits despite their experiences in the game, club continues to be a fucking joke.

18 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Can you imagine if the premier league fans boiled their own piss every time a player not from chadderton was signed??

you all wanted Corney out... you got it and yet beat the new guy with every fucking stick you can find 

I will beat him when I feel he is taking the piss at of the club I support in the same way I did when I thought Corney was, unless your happy to do an Orient.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I will beat him when I feel he is taking the piss at of the club I support in the same way I did when I thought Corney was, unless your happy to do an Orient.

Where have I said I’m happy to do an orient?? I have supported this club since I was 6 years old in 1990 and have been as pissed off as anyone recently.

the trust have said we were close to the abyss and AL has put in nearly 4 million to avoid that. For that alone I think he deserves time and support to go the other way. People supporting the previous owner after wanting him out for years I don’t get 

Corney's business plan involved the land. AL doesn't have that and is only going to make any money on players. It's pretty clear he's got a massive influence recruitment with a view to getting for nowt and selling for a fee. It's the only benefit of owning the 'club'. No doubt Bunn and Rhodes know the score.

Why are we signing only French based players and not also ones from Germany,Spain Holland  and South America as premier clubs do. I tell you why,because there Is no financial interest in them for AL and/or his cronies. This club is becoming a vehicle for AL's experiment,which is going off the rails with the failure of each and every French signing to make it in English football.

2 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Why are we signing only French based players and not also ones from Germany,Spain Holland  and South America as premier clubs do. I tell you why,because there Is no financial interest in them for AL and/or his cronies. This club is becoming a vehicle for AL's experiment,which is going off the rails with the failure of each and every French signing to make it in English football.

We knew the script. There was nobody else riding to the rescue last summer. This is the trade off.

8 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Maybe we should have risked it with administration..

We were effectively in administration with Corney as the administrator. TTA wouldn't have wanted an official administrator appointed as he would have uncovered too much and they may have ended up in court and lost the lot.

Some funny posts considering most haven’t seen him kick a football.

Our budget is bound to be smaller than last year so for me these are back ups which Bunn has clearly seen in training and is happy with. Get a basic 14/15 quality and the rest cheap back ups and if they turn out to be decent it’s a win win. Baxter was saying on his player interview that he liked playing with this lad, so give him a chance. 

End of the season we had 35 yes 35 professionals some of them on stupid money. A lot have gone already and would imagine a few big earners will still go so clearly there is time for us to make signings. Preseason isn’t half way in yet. Let’s not lose our heads just yet! 

On 10/07/2018 at 10:34 PM, oafcprozac said:

Who was #17 thought he was stand out of our lot...

49 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

"The French-born Congolese midfielder has recently been on trial with the club and played in the number 17 shirt against Ashton United on Tuesday night."

Prozac rates him.

AL former agent lots of contacts brings a few over for FB to check out , manager likes the look of them says sign them ..... why is that a problem sounds like a good way of getting good players on the cheap 

3 minutes ago, madlatic said:

AL former agent lots of contacts brings a few over for FB to check out , manager likes the look of them says sign them ..... why is that a problem sounds like a good way of getting good players on the cheap 

Served us well last year !!!!