Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
losesome

Another member of the French foreign legion

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, madlatic said:

AL former agent lots of contacts brings a few over for FB to check out , manager likes the look of them says sign them ..... why is that a problem sounds like a good way of getting good players on the cheap 

No problem at all so long as he pays my wages next month and said few dig in on a cold Tuesday night in November at BP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

We knew the script. There was nobody else riding to the rescue last summer. This is the trade off.

?

Oh dear. 

 

While you wind people as usual, I’ll use your post to reply to other people. 

 

What script??????

 

We haven’t seen, heard, or have any remote idea what the script is.(but you know that) 

 

THAT’S THE POINT. (But you know that) 

 

You and others keep implying that because we wanted Corney out, we have to accept the new running of things. . . Except Corney going wasn’t supposed to mean getting relegated- or to say we’ve learnt lessons- when clearly we haven’t. It wasn’t supposed to be going over the managers head every 5 minutes. (Again you know that) 

 

We’ve replaced one set of shit decisions with another. 

 

 

You need to get back to subtle ways, you’ve become to obvious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frankie didn’t look too unhappy with his arm around him when the player was announced earlier today.

 

Maybe AL is sourcing these players and allowing FB to have final say?  Missilou had a promising game this week and probably did enough to get signed.

 

We’d be fools if AL didn’t exploit the players market he’s most familiar with.  I say it again - what does he achieve signing & fielding players that would weaken the team?  

 

See where in the league we are come Christmas and whether these two have played much and if so, how good or bad they’ve played.  I’ve got a feeling that one or both might have a few fans admitting they’re wrong

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People on here condemn players before actually seeing them play.They condemn them for being French(You know France have a good chance of winning the World Cup).You are putting the new owner down already.If you want to condemn somebody then look in the mirror.That negativity does nothing for the club you purport to support.Try showing some positivity for a change,you are not helping the club or players by putting them down all the time.Support the players and team that's what a good fan does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, alwaysblue said:

People on here condemn players before actually seeing them play.They condemn them for being French(You know France have a good chance of winning the World Cup).You are putting the new owner down already.If you want to condemn somebody then look in the mirror.That negativity does nothing for the club you purport to support.Try showing some positivity for a change,you are not helping the club or players by putting them down all the time.Support the players and team that's what a good fan does.

You’re right. We need to be scouring Croatian amateur teams for Doyle’s replacement.

Edited by Ryan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the best players have to start somewhere.It would be good if we got to them first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, alwaysblue said:

All the best players have to start somewhere.It would be good if we got to them first.

Good morning Abdallah :OASISscarf:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, alwaysblue said:

People on here condemn players before actually seeing them play.They condemn them for being French(You know France have a good chance of winning the World Cup).You are putting the new owner down already.If you want to condemn somebody then look in the mirror.That negativity does nothing for the club you purport to support.Try showing some positivity for a change,you are not helping the club or players by putting them down all the time.Support the players and team that's what a good fan does.

 

You understand the scepticism, though?

 

AL is continuing with a recruitment strategy that contributed to our first relegation in 21 years, in spite of claiming to have learnt from his mistakes (not a direct quote - there have been very few direct quotes!).

 

The strategy has also yet to produce any player that has really convinced us it's the way forward and begs the question why we are continuing to go down this route when there's very little evidence to suggest it's going to benefit the club.

 

Hopefully it'll all work out for the club, though - but to label anyone who's a little concerned as negative is silly..

Edited by JoeP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

 

You understand the scepticism, thought?

 

AL is continuing with a recruitment strategy that contributed to our first relegation in 21 years, in spite of claiming to have learnt from his mistakes (not a direct quote - there have been very few direct quotes!).

 

The strategy has also yet to produce any player that has really convinced us it's the way forward and begs the question why we are continuing to go down this route when there's very little evidence to suggest it's going to benefit the club.

 

Hopefully it'll all work out for the club, though - but to label anyone who's a little concerned as negative is silly..

Good post.

It’s not that we are writing off the #frenchlads but it does cause some concern  (justifiable in my opinion) that we already have two signings this preseason who are unknown in the English game. They have been signed based on what they have shown in training and the first friendly against lower league opposition. 

This policy did not really work last season with perhaps only Nepomuceno a standout from the many brought in. Moimbe looked a decent player but his flawed judgement let him down. Same could be said for Placide.

 

We have to trust in FB and AR and their assessment. Whether they are correct in their judgement only time will tell.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Frankie didn’t look too unhappy with his arm around him when the player was announced earlier today.

 

This means absolutely sweet FA...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Some funny posts considering most haven’t seen him kick a football.

Our budget is bound to be smaller than last year so for me these are back ups which Bunn has clearly seen in training and is happy with. Get a basic 14/15 quality and the rest cheap back ups and if they turn out to be decent it’s a win win. Baxter was saying on his player interview that he liked playing with this lad, so give him a chance. 

End of the season we had 35 yes 35 professionals some of them on stupid money. A lot have gone already and would imagine a few big earners will still go so clearly there is time for us to make signings. Preseason isn’t half way in yet. Let’s not lose our heads just yet! 

 

And here we have some sense talked...

 

I cant remember folk losing their shit when we signed the likes of that Comoros Island sensation Mchangama. 

 

If we sign ten more of these lads and nobody with a bit of league pedigree before the window closes I’ll be a bit more concerned than I am now. But let’s also face reality...the cancerous one has severely damaged the club with his not paying players properly...not paying loan fees to clubs...not paying the taxman or other clubs their away ticket monies etc. All that doesn’t need debating here again on another thread but it clearly has to put us to the back of the queue for players wanting to sign for us. Especially if the player is anyone half decent for this level. 

 

Lets wait and and see what happens this next 2 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the reality of our position is that it will be unknown 'French lads' or journeymen who don't give s**t.  In fact for too many years it's been the latter.

 

We were hoping for a saviour, but sadly not looking that way at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon there will be a couple of surprise signings possible a Doyle and the love will return in seconds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry(notsorry) for the pedantry, but, as both Chris and The Johan Branger were both born in France, they are not allowed to join the ‘French Foreign Legion’.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least FB has had a look at them, unlike some loanees who go straight into the first team like Benyu and turn out not  suitable for lower league football.

Not many moaned on here I noticed though when Benyu was signed, perhaps swayed by the fact he was a from a major club.

I've seen players come from Sunday league and make the grade and kids from premiership clubs finish up in Sunday league. Let's see how they go.

Edited by BP1960

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeP said:

 

This means absolutely sweet FA...

So bloody negative it’s unbelievable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

So bloody negative it’s unbelievable 

 

Have an upboat for your positivity...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

At least FB has had a look at them, unlike some loanees who go straight into the first team like Benyu and turn out not  suitable for lower league football

Not many moaned on here I noticed though when Benyu was signed, perhaps swayed by the fact he was a from a major club.

I've seen players come from Sunday league and make the grade and kids from premiership clubs finish up in Sunday league. Let's see how they go.

Love the positivity. I agree with you Wellens signings of Benyu, Pringle, McEleny contributed more to us going down than any French played last season. Nobody moaned about their signings however they where all disasters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Love the positivity. I agree with you Wellens signings of Benyu, Pringle, McEleny contributed more to us going down than any French played last season. Nobody moaned about their signings however they where all disasters.

Nobody thought so at the time, silly logic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even the very best foreign imports who are Internationals take time to adjust to the game in Britain, very few come over and hit the ground running and I will guarantee you now that these lads will be shocked by the intensity of the football played and physicality in League 2 , look at the YouTube clips of these two and they have been playing in grounds with one stand watched by a couple of hundred people and the chances of them showing anything early doors is remote.

 

Even more important for me though is the stretch on resources that these signings will place on the club, it's not like they live in Bury or Bradford, these lads will be living in hotels, need to be ferried around and effectively living out of suitcases, it's a massive culture shock for them and will be difficult psychologically more than anything else regardless of what potential and ability they possess. 

 

Communicating instructions and building team spirit amongst all this is going to be near on impossible and Bunn and Rhodes will be wasting half their time fire fighting with an oversized squad coupled with inadequate facilities and resources.

 

This transfer policy is nonsensical on every level and that's before you even consider AL's piss poor record with regards to the talent he's already 'treated' us too.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Even the very best foreign imports who are Internationals take time to adjust to the game in Britain, very few come over and hit the ground running and I will guarantee you now that these lads will be shocked by the intensity of the football played and physicality in League 2 , look at the YouTube clips of these two and they have been playing in grounds with one stand watched by a couple of hundred people and the chances of them showing anything early doors is remote.

 

Even more important for me though is the stretch on resources that these signings will place on the club, it's not like they live in Bury or Bradford, these lads will be living in hotels, need to be ferried around and effectively living out of suitcases, it's a massive culture shock for them and will be difficult psychologically more than anything else regardless of what potential and ability they possess. 

 

Communicating instructions and building team spirit amongst all this is going to be near on impossible and Bunn and Rhodes will be wasting half their time fire fighting with an oversized squad coupled with inadequate facilities and resources.

 

This transfer policy is nonsensical on every level and that's before you even consider AL's piss poor record with regards to the talent he's already 'treated' us too.

Got slated for saying the same thing, couldn’t agree more 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JoeP said:

 

You understand the scepticism, though?

 

AL is continuing with a recruitment strategy that contributed to our first relegation in 21 years, in spite of claiming to have learnt from his mistakes (not a direct quote - there have been very few direct quotes!).

 

The strategy has also yet to produce any player that has really convinced us it's the way forward and begs the question why we are continuing to go down this route when there's very little evidence to suggest it's going to benefit the club.

 

Hopefully it'll all work out for the club, though - but to label anyone who's a little concerned as negative is silly..

 

Placide and Nepo out of all his signings made the most appearances... I think you can blame the rest and an incompetent manager for our relegation more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Even the very best foreign imports who are Internationals take time to adjust to the game in Britain, very few come over and hit the ground running and I will guarantee you now that these lads will be shocked by the intensity of the football played and physicality in League 2 , look at the YouTube clips of these two and they have been playing in grounds with one stand watched by a couple of hundred people and the chances of them showing anything early doors is remote.

 

Even more important for me though is the stretch on resources that these signings will place on the club, it's not like they live in Bury or Bradford, these lads will be living in hotels, need to be ferried around and effectively living out of suitcases, it's a massive culture shock for them and will be difficult psychologically more than anything else regardless of what potential and ability they possess. 

 

Communicating instructions and building team spirit amongst all this is going to be near on impossible and Bunn and Rhodes will be wasting half their time fire fighting with an oversized squad coupled with inadequate facilities and resources.

 

This transfer policy is nonsensical on every level and that's before you even consider AL's piss poor record with regards to the talent he's already 'treated' us too.

At least they are all getting a good preseason to get them up to speed this year. The problem last season that the French imports all came in after the season had started. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last season we splashed the cash on Doyle, Bryan, Byrne, Pringle, Menig to much fanfare and mixed results, whilst also overpadding the squad with #Frenchlads.

This season we have fanfared Baxter(Baby❤️) without spending plus quietly added a promising kid and a couple of #Frenchlads as padders. We have let a lot go.

We have already got a first XI that is light for a striker, so that is the minimum big player we need before the first match. I would also like (like, not need) a keeper, another striker and a tough ball playing CM. 

As a club outside the top flight we can still actually sign players up until 31st August. What happens is, a few weeks into the season, when pecking orders are established at clubs and it becomes obvious which players throughout the leagues won’t be getting games, clubs are approached, players have contracts paid up, players sign unattached for new club. Also we can loan from the prem until the same date.

HOWEVER, in order be picking up good players at this time, we need to look attractive by being up there. So if we don’t bring in a big time striker before the first match to join Baxter we may struggle. At this point I feel concerns would be legit, until then it is just hysterical behavior.

IF we sign a good keeper, two strikers and tough baller in CM before the first match we will absolute #walktheleague.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Even the very best foreign imports who are Internationals take time to adjust to the game in Britain, very few come over and hit the ground running and I will guarantee you now that these lads will be shocked by the intensity of the football played and physicality in League 2 , look at the YouTube clips of these two and they have been playing in grounds with one stand watched by a couple of hundred people and the chances of them showing anything early doors is remote.

 

Even more important for me though is the stretch on resources that these signings will place on the club, it's not like they live in Bury or Bradford, these lads will be living in hotels, need to be ferried around and effectively living out of suitcases, it's a massive culture shock for them and will be difficult psychologically more than anything else regardless of what potential and ability they possess. 

 

Communicating instructions and building team spirit amongst all this is going to be near on impossible and Bunn and Rhodes will be wasting half their time fire fighting with an oversized squad coupled with inadequate facilities and resources.

 

This transfer policy is nonsensical on every level and that's before you even consider AL's piss poor record with regards to the talent he's already 'treated' us too.

 

The hotel part is a bit bogus.  Are you saying we should only sign players who live within travelling distance? Otherwise it’s the same problem if we sign someone from Paris or Portsmouth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...