Another member of the French foreign legion

52 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Wish he’d say to the public us fans his plan is to go up

That's he last thing he should do, publicly.

Adds pressure.

Sets the bar ,so anything less is failure, when it might not be.

He's interfering in the team

It could cause the players to freeeze by fearing makeing a mistake.

It is counter productive motivationally. eg Martin O Neill at Celtic I IIRC got the team and said I'll always tell the truth, but I iwll tell one lie. I will say we are not aiming for champions, so that you are not under constant pressure. But it is a lie. Sets the team the target, but not get the fans ont he backs if it is not going to well.

The next stage would be champions by Christamas etc.

But a bit of detail onth e plan would help, even if it is longer tterm than we hope.

Edited by singe

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Missilou looked good yesterday.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Looked a bit lost at times but he definitely hinted at ability, first impressions are better than expected, wasn't afraid to put his foot in neither.

5 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

I can settle at that ??

I’ve never seen a bad player pre-season. 

On 7/15/2018 at 11:02 AM, latics22 said:

Wish he’d say to the public us fans his plan is to go up

19 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

That isn't a plan...

This is the semblance of a Plan; But we are yet to hear anything on these topics from Mr. Lemsagam, bar witness another intake of players from the French lower leagues; The pitch wasn't relaid; The Budget no bigger or smaller than last season; Players Paid late; There is no news on the fans bar and as far as I am aware Tony Philliskirk is still suspended? No, tub thumping statements about going up are definitely not Plans.

Edited by lookersstandandy

On 13/07/2018 at 8:41 PM, Buckshawlatic said:

Can you imagine if the premier league fans boiled their own piss every time a player not from chadderton was signed??

you all wanted Corney out... you got it and yet beat the new guy with every fucking stick you can find 

Not EVERYONE wanted Corney out. I’d be the first to admit that I know very little about the stadium wrangling, Brassbank et al, and I can understand people being totally brassed off - pardon the pun - with Corney.

Sometimes though you have to be careful what you wish for. Corney for all his faults did manage to keep us in the League 1 for 20 odd seasons, then as soon as the club changes hands we go down.

What with AL obviously bringing in his own players whether the manager wants them or not, calling meetings and reportedly humiliating players at said meetings, going into the dressing room at half time and no doubt doing the same.

All these things add to the unrest at the club and do the manager(s) no favours whatsoever.

I hope it isn’t the case, but we might have jumped out of the frying pan into the fire. Time will tell.

I know that a lot of people on here will say that they are just happy that Corney has gone. I’ll only be happy if AL improves the clubs league position, but he MUST learn to stay away from meddling with the first team and he needs to let the manager(s) do their job.

21 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

If you didn’t want Corney out you’re an idiot.

If you go on a website and admit you don’t know what you are talking about and then try and use that as a reason for not wanting Corney out, then you are a complete idiot.

Whoa! Strong words against somebody expressing an opinion. Or is an opinion only allowed if it fits in with your ideas??

If you are happy with relegation and an owner that seemingly wants to play ‘football manager’, then you too are an idiot.

I’m prepared to wait and see, and time will tell I suppose. Not got off to the best of starts though, and like I said, sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for.

No doubt you’ll still be saying that you’re glad Corney’s gone even if we are lining up in the National League next season.

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

If we go down I will wear an item of clothing containing the word idiot at every match I attend the following season.

Even then I still would not be at the level of somebody who wanted to keep Silvertongue Corney in charge.

You’ll be easy to spot then!

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

In that case, may I respectfully suggest that you've rarely been to a pre-season game?

I forget the written word is taken literally sometimes. 

Players playing at half pace, without pressure, and with lots of time on the ball, cannot be judged. I’ve lost count of amount of players over the years, where the lad looks promising against Curzon in July. Only to then be very quickly found out in the league. James Dayton would be a prime example. It also works the other way. We sign a decent player,  and he looks awful pre season, people get on his back- and when the real stuff starts he shows his quality. 

You just can’t replicate league football pre-season. So there is a very little scope to really judge a player. 

1 hour ago, Gary1906 said:

Not EVERYONE wanted Corney out. I’d be the first to admit that I know very little about the stadium wrangling, Brassbank et al, and I can understand people being totally brassed off - pardon the pun - with Corney.

Sometimes though you have to be careful what you wish for. Corney for all his faults did manage to keep us in the League 1 for 20 odd seasons, then as soon as the club changes hands we go down.

What with AL obviously bringing in his own players whether the manager wants them or not, calling meetings and reportedly humiliating players at said meetings, going into the dressing room at half time and no doubt doing the same.

All these things add to the unrest at the club and do the manager(s) no favours whatsoever.

I hope it isn’t the case, but we might have jumped out of the frying pan into the fire. Time will tell.

I know that a lot of people on here will say that they are just happy that Corney has gone. I’ll only be happy if AL improves the clubs league position, but he MUST learn to stay away from meddling with the first team and he needs to let the manager(s) do their job.

The items highlighted are reportedly only happened once. In the case of Fane because he went squealing to the French press. IIRC he also slagged of some of his team mates.

I believe these were exaggerated by the Wellens clique. To distract from their own contribution to our relegation.  I may be wrong of course. Happy if evidence proves otherwise.

AL does not get a free pass. Players should not be paid late, but there are rumours that there was agreement Corney may fund some players, AL the ones he bought in. Although that should have been sorted.

We'll know soon enough.

24 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

If we go down I will wear an item of clothing containing the word idiot at every match I attend the following season.

Even then I still would not be at the level of somebody who wanted to keep Silvertongue Corney in charge.

Be careful, the mods might pin this comment.?

5 minutes ago, singe said:

The items highlighted are reportedly only happened once. In the case of Fane because he went squealing to the French press. IIRC he also slagged of some of his team mates.

I believe these were exaggerated by the Wellens clique. To distract from their own contribution to our relegation.  I may be wrong of course. Happy if evidence proves otherwise.

AL does not get a free pass. Players should not be paid late, but there are rumours that there was agreement Corney may fund some players, AL the ones he bought in. Although that should have been sorted.

We'll know soon enough.

I agree, we’ll know soon enough. This is probably the most important season in the clubs history.

3 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

As i have said, i was one of staunchest defenders  (erroneously) but anyone who hadnt reached the point of wanting him out needs a fucking lobotomy

** Sorry for the grammar my phone is in for repair and im using the shitest tablet in history