Curzon Ashton

16 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Couldn’t resist :lol:.

I don’t read anything into these games. We’ve gone unbeaten playing multiple Prem sides in previous pre-seasons and the 9 months of football that followed were as equally depressing as ever with Latics.

Fitness init.

Cant remember us ever playing multiple PL sides in pre season in any year.

Then again I never go to pre season friendlies unless ofcourse we were to play at Glossop North End.

35 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Dreadful this. Would genuinely snap your hand off for third bottom at this point.

For god sake Ryan do us all a favour and go and support another team. It’s a bloody training exercise. We still won which is more than we did at Curzon last year. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Cant remember us ever playing multiple PL sides in pre season in any year.

Then again I never go to pre season friendlies unless ofcourse we were to play at Glossop North End.

Can remember a few games against local Prem clubs (at the time) like Blackpool, Burnley, Bolton, City and Wigan. My memory is probably playing tricks on me and merging them all into one pre-season.

58 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Pitiful performance. 

38 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Dreadful this. Would genuinely snap your hand off for third bottom at this point.

Christ on a bicycle. Second pre-season game and it's only about fitness and gelling together, plus a look at a trialist or three at this stage.

I honestly don't know what some folk expect at this stage. If you make even a remotely positive comment, you won't be struck down by lightning and sent to hell in a handcart.

Don't expect miracles against FCUM; it's another training exercise. Nottm Forest and PNE games will tell us more. We might even sign a player or two that everyone is happy about.

• Like 1

Another trouble causer being shipped out. Let’s hope it’s the last bad apple to get thrown away. Problem is who would have him. Nobody wanted him before we signed him and we all know why now. Next player to write another load of shit about the club in a newspaper rag 

Edited by Smiler13

Thought Missilou did okay to be fair, some will say an upgrade on Fane, Gardner and Clarke spent most the game dragging him round the pitch but he does have potential on today's evidence, as for people remarking on the relatively poor performance today someone did ask how we were playing and in response they received pretty fair assessments, having a piss boil over fans piss boiling just about sums us up at the moment.

7 minutes ago, cav said:

Spoke to Anthony Gerrard after the game and asked if he would play Tuesday. His reply was I don't think I'm allowed. When I asked why he said ask the owner.

Time to move on Anthony,  Clarkey and yoof is the way forward ?

though I’d still like another experienced and decent centre back before season start

37 minutes ago, cav said:

Spoke to Anthony Gerrard after the game and asked if he would play Tuesday. His reply was I don't think I'm allowed. When I asked why he said ask the owner.

Owner wants an rid....he’ll just sit on his contract though as no one else will match it! 

1 minute ago, super_blue said:

Owner wants an rid....he’ll just sit on his contract though as no one else will match it! 

Why would anyone want such an unprofessional player. Massively overweight, lazy, trouble causer.  Get a job on the buses Ant.