3 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Even if he isn't always first choice, I'm happy that we've got an experienced midfielder in the squad as an option.

From the Ashton games, does he play in a more advanced position or a deeper one?

Advanced in my opinion, he held the ball up well and brought others into play on Saturday, showed glimpses of quality.

Decent signing, I reckon. May not be a regular starter, but I guess it might depend on what happens with the rumours about Jack Byrne. Coke is certainly experienced at a much higher level than League 2, despite his short stint with Chesterfield.

An experienced player who has looked decent in the two games we've played. Yes it's early doors but the lad could do us a job. What frustrates me is people's reactions. If it's a #Frenchlad people spit. If it's league experienced player people brand it as an unacceptable signing. We've already been told by AL that he's not a billionaire, if he was, he wouldn't be our owner. We aren't going to go bonkers signing championship/upper L1 players. Very unlikely we'll see the likes of Doyle or Ripley type players this year. I just don't see what people are expecting. 

Welcome Giles Coke. 

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Why did he only play 2 games for Chesterfield, a team that finished bottom of League 2 last season?

Can anyone enlighten me?

According to the Derbyshire Paper, he was injured. On his debut, at home to Cambridge, he limped off after 84 minutes with a hamstring issue and then, having recovered, injured his Achilles in a behind-closed-doors friendly. It wasn’t until the final game of the season at Barnet, with relegation already confirmed, that Chesterfield fans got to see him play again.

Lets hope this is a great signing! 

Do any other clubs clubs have their chairman posing with 90% of their new signings? Maybe I’m old fashioned but that should be the manager stood there shouldn’t it? 

Not a negative before I get shot down...just a question! 

Just now, deyres42 said:

It is possible to have a good season individually whilst being part of a team that is relegated.

Course it is.

If 3 or 4 players have a good season but the other 5 are absolutely dreadful then you’d still probably go down.

Suppose it could depend on position too. Could have a defender that is a rock but no one to score you a goal.

3 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Lets hope this is a great signing! 

Do any other clubs clubs have their chairman posing with 90% of their new signings? Maybe I’m old fashioned but that should be the manager stood there shouldn’t it? 

Not a negative before I get shot down...just a question! 

See plenty of Chairmen doing it. Depends on the owner I suppose. Hopefully he doesn’t think he’s the manager and FB is the coach.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It is possible to have a good season individually whilst being part of a team that is relegated.

He only played twice due to injuries.  He brings experience to the midfield.  If he can avoid injuries will be a useful addition.  If we can add a couple of decent strikers, and a wide man i think we have a competitive squad. IMO, we can lose an experienced CB, to concentrate on his social media, to free up some wages to fund an addition or too.

2 minutes ago, Whitts said:

He only played twice due to injuries.  He brings experience to the midfield.  If he can avoid injuries will be a useful addition.  If we can add a couple of decent strikers, and a wide man i think we have a competitive squad. IMO, we can lose an experienced CB, to concentrate on his social media, to free up some wages to fund an addition or too.

Might be a struggle to move him on, he's well within his rights to see out his contract.

47 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I reckon Kristian Dennis would say so....

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Seen it many to times going back as far back to the 1960s when Accrington Stanley folded and one of their players  moved on to to star for a top flight club.

Edited by BP1960

A team mainly from the rescue shelter combining with a couple of young, improving, talented, local lads and led by a '100% a game' captain may just click.

Yesterday we were 8th favourite for winning the League. That's without us having a striker - yet.

I love my sunny, simplistic disposition. ?

11 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

A team mainly from the rescue shelter combining with a couple of young, improving, talented, local lads and led by a '100% a game' captain may just click.

Yesterday we were 8th favourite for winning the League. That's without us having a striker - yet.

I love my sunny, simplistic disposition. ?

So do I Mike. That’s cheered me up too. While you’re feeling positive, fancy joining Prediction League too? :D

Edited by lookersstandandy

3 hours ago, josh_latics said:

I reckon there should be a 24-hour window where Baxter and Coke jokes can be made, then after that a blanket ban on them...

Well, I hope this Coke character is well behaved, otherwise, whose going to keep him in line?
I'm done now. :D