Latics season previews

Hopefully the previews treat us with more respect this year. Last year there were a whole host of 'experts' and bookies who were quite rightfully castigated saying we would be relegated. What did they fucking know, eh?!

2 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

Hopefully the previews treat us with more respect this year. Last year there were a whole host of 'experts' and bookies who were quite rightfully castigated saying we would be relegated. What did they fucking know, eh?!

To be fair they had been just changing the season date on our ‘preview’ for about six years.

Rubbish article done too soon.

1. De La Paz will not be playing.

2. Gerrard will not be playing.

3. Gerrard Captain laughable.

4. No Todd, done too soon.

5. Benteke will not be playing.

6. Dan Gardner number 10?

7. Jack Byrne?

8. Hamer, a RB, playing LCB.

Absolute pile of wank. Only thing they seem to have got correct is Baxter as a striker.

43 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Title winners will be Lincoln or Notts County.

Dark horses Cheltenham.

We will finish somewhere between 10th and 17th.

Lincoln seem to have recruited well. Not sure about County. 

At this stage of the year I don’t believe you can accurately predict league positions but having said that the bookies have a go...

Coral odds this morning to win the league outright:

MK Dons and Notts County are favourites at 6-1

Lincoln 9-1....

Bury 14-1....

Latics are seventh favourites at 16-1 ? 

So that’s the playoffs sorted...

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It’s literally impossible to predict at this stage. Anyone purporting to somehow know or somehow worked it out is a bullshitter.  

2 weeks before the season starts, I think we have a fair idea how squads are shaping up at this stage.

30 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

2 weeks before the season starts, I think we have a fair idea how squads are shaping up at this stage.

Means nothing though. This point last season you'd have been creaming yourself over Bury's squad.

48 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Always find it laughable when a bunch of virgins from down south try and act like experts on Oldham after watching a few highlights on Channel 5.

Christ. Imagine if they had us down in the top 7. They’d be praised by most on here for displaying wisdom beyond their years.

I don’t think we’ll finish 22nd but if we don’t have the attacking situation sorted by the end of the transfer window, and i’m not including the loan deadline, then i think there’s every chance we’ll be in a relegation battle.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Lincoln seem to have recruited well. Not sure about County. 

At this stage of the year I don’t believe you can accurately predict league positions but having said that the bookies have a go...

Coral odds this morning to win the league outright:

MK Dons and Notts County are favourites at 6-1

Lincoln 9-1....

Bury 14-1....

Latics are seventh favourites at 16-1 ? 

So that’s the playoffs sorted...

Can't be bothered working it out but I would imagine the bookies' overrounds at this stage of the game make the lottery look like a value bet.