Latics season previews

I'd much prefer to be on us at 5/2 for top 7 than even money for bottom half.

On the face of it we have a relatively easy start playing some of the less favoured teams in the first couple of months of the season. Granted if we get off to a shaky start like last season it could be a long long haul but I just can't see that this time round.

50 minutes ago, latics22 said:

He’s a prick

Compelling analysis there.

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

As the first two stats he quotes about us are incorrect I'm sceptical as to the worth of his analysis. 

Yes he got that fact wrong but the rest of them seemed to be pretty bang on in my opinion. In a betting market we're good value at the odds we have.

We've already fallen dramatically, we were 25/1 the day after the Northampton game.

Once again another example of fans refusing to accept the situation we are in..

7 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Once again another example of fans refusing to accept the situation we are in..

Not in the slightest but I am naturally sceptical about all betting pundits and they have proliferated massively. If they were any good they wouldn't need to pontificate on two bit websites propounding ill researched views; they'd have their feet up on the verandah of their Bahamian beach house. 

11 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Not in the slightest but I am naturally sceptical about all betting pundits and they have proliferated massively. If they were any good they wouldn't need to pontificate on two bit websites propounding ill researched views; they'd have their feet up on the verandah of their Bahamian beach house. 

The betting pundits can predict all they want but the transfer window has not been closed yet. For instance if we go and sign 5 quality players in the next few days then the pundits analysis could be chucked out of the window. Also you can never tell until a team has played a few games on how the players will gell together. If I remember rightly some pundits had Shrewsbury down for relegation last season because Hurst had signed players from lower leagues albeit players that he could trust to graft and play for the cause. So they got that badly wrong. Football is a funny old game and if you have players pulling together for one another, and you have the luck anything can happen. 

Edited by Smiler13
  • Like 1

Just now, Smiler13 said:

The betting pundits can predict all they want but the transfer window has not been closed yet. For instance if we go and sign 5 quality players in the next few days then the pundits analysis could be chucked out of the window. Also you can never tell until a team has played a few games on how the players will he’ll together. If I remember rightly some pundits had Shrewsbury down for relegation last season because Hurst had signed players from lower leagues albeit players that he could trust to graft and play for the cause. So they got that badly wrong. Football is a funny old game and if you have players pulling together for one another, and you have the luck anything can happen. 

Well said Mr Southgate.

Frankie Bunn should be sticking some of these pessimistic predictions to the changing room wall for motivation..

Joe Royle did this at Portsmouth in the Championship season, when their programme suggested we could only play on plastic. 

We won 4-1.