Latics season previews

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Lincoln seem to have recruited well. Not sure about County. 

At this stage of the year I don’t believe you can accurately predict league positions but having said that the bookies have a go...

Coral odds this morning to win the league outright:

MK Dons and Notts County are favourites at 6-1

Lincoln 9-1....

Bury 14-1....

Latics are seventh favourites at 16-1 ? 

So that’s the playoffs sorted...

The best odds for us to get promoted are 4-1. Unibet and 888bet have us at 5-2. 

The best odds for us to win the league are 22-1 at Skybet. Paddypower have us at 10-1.

Only Skybet have a market to win the playoffs and we are 16-1.

The best odds for us to finish in the top 3 are 6-1 by all the bookies with this market.

Our best odds for a top 7 finish are 9-4 at Skybet, all the others have us at 2-1.

Our best odds for a top half finish are 5-6 at Skybet and Betfred. Worst 8-11 at William Hill.

Hardly worth bothering this year.

57 minutes ago, al_bro said:

The best odds for us to win the league are 22-1 at Skybet. Paddypower have us at 10-1.

The best odds for us to finish in the top 3 are 6-1 by all the bookies with this market.

Our best odds for a top 7 finish are 9-4 at Skybet, all the others have us at 2-1.

Our best odds for a top half finish are 5-6 at Skybet and Betfred. Worst 8-11 at William Hill.

Any odds for #relegationlads aka Kusunga_Is_God & Co.

18 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Don't think we'll go down but don't think we'll be challenging. Could be a relegation battle but with there being only 2 spots to go down I think we'll be ok. #FamousLastWords

Dont sit on the fence now...

23 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Any odds for #relegationlads aka Kusunga_Is_God & Co.

We are evens to finish bottom half.

Best odds for relegation 18-1 at Marathon. Bet365 have us at 8-1.

Best odds to finish bottom 33-1 at BetVictor. Again Bet365 are worst at 20-1.

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

888 are shocking, worst prices on just about everything. Still, for bonus reasons I have some cash with them. Yesterday I meant to put a fiver each way on a horse with them. Pressed wrong button and had 50ew and....it won! Money now back in my bank and 888 account closed. 

Offering a price to win the play offs is just beyond ridiculous 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd have gone for British Rail sandwich at the end of the return journey from London to Aberdeen  - but that's probably just a generational thing.

I'm not sure I'd see any potential in that option tbh. You wouldn't even get your reserved seat in which to sit down and eat it.

Just now, stott182 said:

I'm not sure I'd see any potential in that option tbh. You wouldn't even get your reserved seat in which to sit down and eat it.

If there is one thing you can be confident of at Latics it's getting a seat.

11 hours ago, oafc_lover said:

Always find it laughable when a bunch of virgins from down south try and act like experts on Oldham after watching a few highlights on Channel 5.

Chatted to him about this. 

He made all predictions based on what is happening with the clubs in the league at the moment with the players they have at their disposal. 

Given that things seem a bit messy off the pitch and we still have plenty of recruiting to do (notably, we don't have an out and out striker yet), 22nd isn't a bad prediction. Especially when you look at the likes of Stockport, Tranmere, Orient, Chesterfield etc. Of recent years. 

I think we'll have some sort of stability off the pitch and I think we'll be fine in terms of recruitment. But on the face of things, it looks precarious.