RIP Opinions4u

Sad news, even though this was not a shock it is still upsetting.  An absolute gentleman who it was a pleasure to spend time with in the course of a football season. Deepest condolences to his family especially Chris, who is his father's son in his pleasant manner and measured outlook to life. RIP Dave.

This is such sad news, even though we knew it would happen one day. I don't think I ever met Dave or Chris, but felt I knew Dave through his posts and blog. Always a good read whether on here or the blog.

Deepest condolences to Chris and all the family. Sleep well O4U, you will be missed.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Always sad when one of our own leaves the pitch.

Probably a reminder that we should try to be a bit nicer to each other even if we don't always agree with each other.

RIP Dave.

True,  there's are a few I've had strong differing opinions with on here, but if met in reality would probably get on well.

One of the more reasoned posters on here. Would bump into him regularly in Tescos.

faced his situation head on, lived every minute he had left to the full and is a much braver man than I could ever have been in dealing with the fate that awaited him. A true inspiration.

The Latics family diminishes further. Good night God bless Dave, thoughts with Chris and the rest of his family.

Struggling to know what to say, really. Dave's determination to make the most of the time he had left was (and I can picture him rolling his eyes at the word) inspiring, and he never lost his (often dark) sense of humour. What a great loss.

His lad Chris is doing the Shine Night Walk for Cancer Research UK, you can donate here:

https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/chriss-giving-page-228

And Dave himself was very keen to raise money for the Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/david-stringer2

Edited by rosa

Very sad news.  Thoughts go out to Dave's family and friends.

Thoroughly enjoyed his contributions to OWTB over the years and full of admiration for the style in which he spent his days after his diagnosis.

RIP Dave.  :chubb:

I don't post on here that often any more, but have been on here for years. O4U was one of the best contributors to this forum over the years. I didn't know him personally, but felt like I did through his posts.

Very sad news.

Thoughts are with his family.

Very sad news, R.I.P. David, my thoughts go out to the family at this time. Having lived with death when Barbara (my wife of 43x years) died of MND 5x years ago, it somehow feels a cloud has been lifted but the loss just pulls at your heart forever. Will miss your posts pal.....
Lofty

• Like 1