RIP Opinions4u

Awful news. Like many, O4U wasn't someone I knew personally, but because of how much of a prominent and positive member he was on here, it kind of feels like I did know him

To put it another way, over the last several months his postings became less and less frequent, and he was very much noticeable by his absence, that's how much apart of OWTB he was. And he will be missed very much on here.

Many condolences to his family and friends. He really seemed like a decent bloke.

Edited by PlayItLivo

So sad to hear O4U has passed away and condolences to his family.

His contributions on here will be missed and we should applaud his great work in prompting us to keep the Playershare scheme going. It would be a tribute to him if we could remember to buy stuff online via Playershare, which I confess to have lapsed from. Perhaps his name could be honoured when the next player's wages are assisted via the scheme.

Having read his blogs and saw the story I had a feeling a thread like this was coming soon.

Puts everything into perspective this 

I echo the sentiments of every poster above condolences to all his family and friends and this message board has lost one of, if not the best contributor on here.

RIP Opinions4U 

2 hours ago, oafcmad09 said:

Thanks for the messages everyone, it means a lot ❤️ 

Love,

O4U junior

Really sorry to hear this mate. 

I lost my dad a few years ago and, while I still have my sad moments, they do get less frequent & less intense over time. 

The memories seem to remain fresh though.  

RIP Dave. 

Like others I only knew O4U through OWTB and I too always enjoyed his well balanced insightful posts. 

I would also like to echo the comments of others around his positivity in his fight against this dreadful illness, it was truly inspirational and I take my hat off to his bravery.

RIP Opinions4U and sincere condolences to family and friends.

Thoughts are with Chris and the rest of the family at this moment.

I met him once and had a brief chat. Really nice man and exactly what you would expect from his measured and sensible contributions on here over the years. 

RIP Dave. Despite never meeting him in the flesh, I always looked forward to 'hearing' from him and his ability to be perfectly reasonable on any given subject is one that we should all aspire to possess. His dignity and attitude in the face of insurmountable odds was incredible; the sheer mental strength required must have been immense. I have so much admiration for him and how he approached life, especially when faced with the knowledge he could fairly accurately measure how much time he had left.

This morning really stopped me in my tracks and made me think about how fleeting life is, and that we should all aim to spend the majority of our time positively. As rosa alluded to, he'd probably be cringing if he could see these comments, but he truly is an inspiration.

Night night, God bless xx

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Really sorry to hear this mate. 

I lost my dad a few years ago and, while I still have my sad moments, they do get less frequent & less intense over time. 

The memories seem to remain fresh though.  

RIP Dave. 

My dad passed away a number of years ago and as Harry says, the pain eases over time. Thinking of you at this difficult time. RIP O4U.

Gutted today...I had the pleasure of meeting him andjunior with the fundraising he did for playershare and setting up easy fundraising for us to use...you know that alone has raised about £15k so far...massive for us and players it brought it. His legacy amongst other important things

The funny moment with Conor Ripley, him, junior me and another Trust director always makes me chuckle.a sharp wit he had

A pleasure Dave...sleep tight and roar us on with  the angels x