RIP Opinions4u

I was thinking the other day I'd not seen him post for a bit and hoped it was due to pre-season than, unfortunately, what it has turned out to be.

Echo other sentiments, didnt know him personally but sad to lose another ome of 'us' as well as sad time for his family and friends.

Rest in peace mate.

For anybody who never got around to reading it, as I know some people don't visit the non Latics forums.

Here's the thread that Dave made when he was diagnosed.

It's a sad read, but also demonstrates Dave's positivity and strength that many of the tributes on here mention.

1 hour ago, PlayItLivo said:

For anybody who never got around to reading it, as I know some people don't visit the non Latics forums.

Here's the thread that Dave made when he was diagnosed.

It's a sad read, but also demonstrates Dave's positivity and strength that many of the tributes on here mention.

Just read the thread and blog and although as someone has already said it would probably make him cringe, what an absolute inspiration! The bravery and positivity in the face of that bastard of a disease is nothing short of incredible and reading those posts brought a lump to my throat

I have no problems putting my hand up and say i would absolutely go to pieces and sadly probably spend my remaining time wallowing in self pity

so glad he got to do some amazing things and hes already inspired me  wanted to do an American road trip for 20 years but life alway s gets in the way.  Well life is too bloody short so planning it as i type.

rip and lets all remember, when Forest Green Rovers twat us 5-0 and Kusunga is being his usual little sun beam - theres bigger things out there 

• Like 1

Such a sad loss. I had a massive amount of respect for him the way he dealt with his illness with such stoicism. Looking at my little boy as I write this and I cannot bear thinking about leaving him behind at any point of my life. When I think about it that way, I really consider how lucky I am. The sincerest of condolences to Dave's family. Sad, sad news.

• Like 1

What a time to have had to bow out when the club is at an all time low.

Like many before have said, I didn’t know him but it felt like I did. His contributions to this board and his fund raising efforts for the football club should never be forgotten.

His posts were alway a ‘go to’ for me and his knowledge of the history of our club and its players both past and present were second to none.

He was a true blue who watched us throughout some tough times and during the re-election era but I’m so glad that like myself he also witnessed the glory years.

Like many others who we’ve lost recently he will be there in spirit. 

My thoughts go out to his family and all his friends at this sad time.

R.I.P O4U.

Very sad news and an inspirational  and brave person 

RIP to a fellow Latic and condolences to your family

i hope that you can watch us from on high

a minutes applause during or before a home game would be a good thing to do 

Like a lot on here didn't know the man and as a fairly new recruit haven't had a great knowledge of his posts but as mentioned previously his stoic approach to the shitty hand he's been dealt was something all of us would strive to emulate. The number of tributes already posted speak volumes for the high esteem he was held in by those who did, and didn't know him.

Night and God bless x.

4 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Such a sad loss. I had a massive amount of respect for him the way he dealt with his illness with such stoicism. Looking at my little boy as I write this and I cannot bear thinking about leaving him behind at any point of my life. When I think about it that way, I really consider how lucky I am. The sincerest of condolences to Dave's family. Sad, sad news.

He held out as long as he could , to look at myself and my brother. 

He didn't want to leave us, but he left nothing unsaid and with wonderful memories.

That's all I could ask for and he gave his all to give it

• Like 6