"We should have stayed up"

5 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Are they winners though? 

To keep drawing when just one or two wins weee so vitally important says not... 

Probably winners amongst them but badly advised by a couple of bad eggs in my opinion, you could role the manager into the equation as well because he was full of excuses by the end and a chairman whose probably learnt a harsh lesson in meddling.

If the team could of been brought together for the greater good then I feel we could of stayed up easily.

If we consolidated in mid table next year what makes people think that we would be stronger for it in the long run? I dont see it setting us up for anykind of promotion push the following season.

Also bearing in mind Lemsagam took us over with the intention of taking us forward from being an established league 1 side I cant see him being happy with mid table in league 2.

The aim should be promotion even if it isnt stated publicly.

Edited by GlossopLatic

10 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

If we consolidated in mid table next year what makes people think that we would be stronger for it in the long run? I dont see it setting us up for anykind of promotion push the following season.

Also bearing in mind Lemsagam took us over with the intention of taking us forward from being an established league 1 side I cant see him being happy with mid table in league 2.

It was stated publicly at the Meet the Manager event 

20 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Ambition is a wonderful thing but realism must hit home sooner or later to some of our fans. Not saying we should aim for mid table safety but in our current state it's more probable than a full-on charge for the title. Here's hoping I'm wrong. 

One of the #realisticlads

7 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Ambition is a wonderful thing but realism must hit home sooner or later to some of our fans. Not saying we should aim for mid table safety but in our current state it's more probable than a full-on charge for the title. Here's hoping I'm wrong. 

While I think we are about 5 players away from being a genuine challenger. Their is no real reason why our club should not be approaching this season with the intention of doing anything other than going up.

We've spent the last 21 years in the league above, we've spent the last 47 years above the 4th tier. We were only 1 goal away from staying up last season. We have an owner whos intention was to take the club forward from the division above, and the manager has said promotion is the aim.

Promotion is a realistic target this season.

Edited by GlossopLatic

13 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

It was stated publicly at the Meet the Manager event 

Actually, AR said the aim was to get out of L2, I thought at the time that some of our posters on here might make the point that there are two ways out.

Looks like it was me.....

Edited by owdumer

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Promotion is a realistic target this season.

Whilst I agree it's a target, being realistic unless we sign a couple of decent centre forward types I fear we will fall well short. A lot will depend on Frankie and Andy's wheeling and dealing getting the necessary players in. Ultimately this will decide, in some peoples eyes, whether they are judged successful or not. The hand they've been  dealt isn't good at all, but it's not always the best hand that wins the pot !  

49 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I think it’s handy that there’s only 2 relegation spots, not 4.

I see you're being your usual bright, cheerful, optimistic self again. No opportunity, not one,  is missed for you to spread darkening clouds. For the love of God, knock it off, will you. 

• Like 1