1 minute ago, daniel said:

Missilou looks a player in CM. #Kante.

Yes he does, gave him absolute pelters before he'd even kicked a ball but I'm big enough to say he has suprised me and does look a decent recruit, won't go to the other end of the spectrum and compare him to Kante but happy he appears to be in the better half of somewhere between.

O'Grady just doesn't float my boat though and both he and Benteke can go for me.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes he does, gave him absolute pelters before he'd even kicked a ball but I'm big enough to say he has suprised me and does look a decent recruit, won't go to the other end of the spectrum and compare him to Kante but happy he appears to be in the better half of somewhere between.

O'Grady just doesn't float my boat though and both he and Benteke can go for me.

Encouraging to hear that. Let's hope he does well for us. 

If we don't sign a striker or two soon, we may just be stuck with those two, but could they do a job in League 2?

Held our own against a very strong side who I fully expected to give us a pasting. Fair play.

Not there today but sounds like we're a couple of strikers short still. I'd be pretty disappointed if we went into the season with O'Grady, Benteke and a young loan player.

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Not as shit as first thought but still lots of work to be done. They’ve battered us last 20

·Full time: Oldham Athletic (Trialist 48’, Edmundson 58’) 2-2 Nottingham Forest (Cash 3’, Grabban 87’).

Decent. Keeper could be a keeper ?

36 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Seen Maouche play twice. Played well twice.

• Like 1

Keeper - looked like he should have done better for goal. Solid enough after with 2 great saves from 1 on 1s

Taylor - looks like he'll be a good player for League 2. Looks solid and can deliver a nice inswinging corner from look of it

Edmundson - played well. Still gets pulled out if position a bit but will do a job

Graham - looks decent for 17. Not sure if I'd start him over Edmundson 

Hamer - will definitely play higher. Over committed himself couple times 2nd half but will learn

Maouche - some very neat touches at times. Would like see more of him

Branger - quite direct. Some neat touches. Not afraid of a challenge 

Missile - another who isn't afraid to put head and body in. Good engine. Good first impression

Gardner - looked good today back to how he was start of last season. Hope just a niggle.

Coke - too overconfident on ball couple times but looks easy good enough for League 2

O'Grady - few decent touches second half. Won couple headers. Its a no from me. 

7 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Missile - another who isn't afraid to put head and body in. Good engine. Good first impression

Missile and Engine in the same paragraph, be careful if Donald Trump or Kim Jong-Un are about. 

11 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Keeper - looked like he should have done better for goal. Solid enough after with 2 great saves from 1 on 1s

Taylor - looks like he'll be a good player for League 2. Looks solid and can deliver a nice inswinging corner from look of it

Edmundson - played well. Still gets pulled out if position a bit but will do a job

Graham - looks decent for 17. Not sure if I'd start him over Edmundson 

Hamer - will definitely play higher. Over committed himself couple times 2nd half but will learn

Maouche - some very neat touches at times. Would like see more of him

Branger - quite direct. Some neat touches. Not afraid of a challenge 

Gardner - looked good today back to how he was start of last season. Hope just a niggle.

Coke - too overconfident on ball couple times but looks easy good enough for League 2

O'Grady - few decent touches second half. Won couple headers. Its a no from me. 

I fear Hamer may play higher very soon. Very very promising player.  We could do with a loan back as part of any deal. 

16 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Any idea what the gate/away fan count was?

Heard on the way out Forest had brought 670. Looked about right as well, cracking following for a friendly over 2 hours away.

7 minutes ago, daniel said:

Heard on the way out Forest had brought 670. Looked about right as well, cracking following for a friendly over 2 hours away.

Cheers.

There's little question of the dedication of someone who'd do a four hour round trip to watch a pre-season friendly..