Beer - worst ever

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Dave_Og said:

The world would be a better place if there was none of it anywhere. I'd rather drink Budweiser ????

The Budweiser at the World Cup semi final was surprisingly passable. 

Reasonable price and the fact you could drink it in your seat probably helped.... 

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

The Budweiser at the World Cup semi final was surprisingly passable. 

Reasonable price and the fact you could drink it in your seat probably helped.... 

The Budweiser for the opening game of 2010 was passable too. Budweiser sponsored it and the lead singer of the house band advertised it as, "you can drink yourself into a cunt for absolutely free."

On 7/24/2018 at 2:08 AM, mikejh45 said:

I looked at the thread title and thought "Watney's Red Barrel".

I did exactly the same and thought XXXX.

It is quite the worst beer in the world ever.

The irony is, is that my office is in the shadow of the brewery in Brisbane. 

Pure purgatory.

Just now, L1onheartNew said:

Pure purgatory.

Australia has inflicted some shocking parodies of beer on the world. Fair swap. 

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Australia has inflicted some shocking parodies of beer on the world. Fair swap. 

They do it on purpose and continue to do so. There is a Munich Brauhaus in the City which does serve up some some really good pale and dark Ales @ 6% and up. 

They also have equal measures of shit such as Xxxxmeister which is on a par with its Australian cousin.

I have turned Japanese and crossed over to Asahi and Kirrin.

No one sells a decent pint of Guiness but i have found a boutique cellar that only imports Kilkenny from Ireland. 

Worth the expense.

12 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Pure purgatory.

Should we start crowdfunding to bring you back to civilisation or can you struggle on manfully with the sun, beaches, bbqs and a brewery next door?

11 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Fosters being the worst of the lot, so bad that hardly anyone in Oz seemed to drink it. 

I seem to recall buying a four pack of Fosters premium at 9% in the 90s from Tescos on New Years Eve. I dont think i managed to get through the third can. To be fair, that had little to do with the taste.

Pray for me As I’m on a bit of a weightloss crusade double whammy (3 1/2 stone off so far) with WW and ManvFat my drink of choice is now enduring bud light as it’s only 3 points per bottle or Becks. The pints have been knocked on the head and tbf it’s worked well. I’m alternating with pints of soda water too.*

*although I’m currently in Turkey and drinking gallons of EFES, still alternating with soda water to try and limit the damage on the scales when I get back ???☀️

Back in the day I used to like Carling Premier, before I started the health crusade I would purposely avoid regular carling, Fosters etc.. brother in law’s pub did Dortmunder Pils on draught and Dortmunder Union Vier which are excellent.

agree with Lees Lager and Holts, awful lagers...