Daniel Iversen Signs

• 2 months later...
On 1/14/2019 at 5:36 PM, oafcshuck said:

10th clean sheet in the league on Saturday for him in 25 games.

Connor Ripley seemed unbeatable and had one of the best seasons we've seen a goalkeeper have to keep 18 clean sheets two years ago. Which is a club record.

Daniel only needs 8 from the last 19 games to tie that. Not far off on current form. 

I know we're in a division below but didn't think he'd be anywhere near that record.

Been a class addition, hopefully we can get promotion and keep him for another year.

These last three in a row have given him a chance. Needs 4 from the last 6 games. Hopefully it culminates in us making the top 7. 

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

IMO been easily our most consistent performer in an otherwise very inconsistent season!

2 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Lang for me. But yeah he’s been mostly top drawer 

Peter Clarke has also been one of our more consistent performers this season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I'd say he's been more consistent than Iversen who's dropped a few clangers.

This for me too. However Iversen has certainly improved the way he deals with crosses - he comes off his line far more positively recently and that must be down in part to the goalkeeping coach.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

This for me too. However Iversen has certainly improved the way he deals with crosses - he comes off his line far more positively recently and that must be down in part to the goalkeeping coach.

He's definitely improved but still has much to do. He's a young lad who I'd expect to drop a clanger or 2 in his first season playing in the league.

17 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I also think PW has played a big part.....he seems to have a way on instilling confidence in players. In Iverson's case, he has come out for far more crosses in the last 3 games than he did under Scholes.

3 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

I also think PW has played a big part.....he seems to have a way on instilling confidence in players. In Iverson's case, he has come out for far more crosses in the last 3 games than he did under Scholes.

Oh come on! 

I haven't seen any change here whatsoever. 

Ffs

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Oh come on! 

And that means what, Dave...….you didn't bother going on Saturday, unless you changed your mind.

40 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I haven't seen any change here whatsoever. 

I have and it's a valid opinion.

15 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Ffs

That's it......a well thought out, deep and meaningful response!!!

23 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

And that means what, Dave...….you didn't bother going on Saturday, unless you changed your mind.

You have literally made that up to support and argument have you noticed the weather has got much nicer since PW took charge.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You have literally made that up to support and argument have you noticed the weather has got much nicer since PW took charge.

What's that got to do with it......it's a winter sport....he comes from a country colder than ours. 

And what, exactly, did I make up?

35 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Nope I didnt go, I had other things to do but conflating an apparent willingness to come for crosses with Wild coming in for Scholes isn't credible. 

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Nope I didnt go, I had other things to do but conflating an apparent willingness to come for crosses with Wild coming in for Scholes isn't credible. 

I say it is credible and the results give my opinion more credence.

If I see the goalkeeper coming for more crosses with my own eyes now under Wilde than under Scholes.....on the basis of what can you say I'm wrong?

Just now, mikejh45 said:

I say it is credible and the results give my opinion more credence.

If I see the goalkeeper coming for more crosses with my own eyes now under Wilde than under Scholes.....on the basis of what can you say I'm wrong?

Because he didn't do so especially when Wild was in charge before? 

Sorry but it's a ludicrous conclusion. 

I wasn’t there Saturday so I can’t comment on his performance on the day but I’ve seen an improvement in Iversen as the season has progressed. Be good to sign him permanently but I can’t see Leicester allowing that.

8 minutes ago, Paul said:

I wasn’t there Saturday so I can’t comment on his performance on the day but I’ve seen an improvement in Iversen as the season has progressed. Be good to sign him permanently but I can’t see Leicester allowing that.

Would be good but, as others have said before, he's destined to go out on loan to at least a League One club.

14 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Because he didn't do so especially when Wild was in charge before? 

Sorry but it's a ludicrous conclusion. 

You say my comment is ludicrous, I say you've not been watching the games. My comment is just as insulting as yours.

You ask 500 Oldham fans and they don't all have the same opinion on any particular aspect of a game.

19 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

You say my comment is ludicrous, I say you've not been watching the games. My comment is just as insulting as yours.

You ask 500 Oldham fans and they don't all have the same opinion on any particular aspect of a game.

mikejh45 put forward an opinion that Pete Wild has played a big part in Iversen’s improvement in coming off his line recently. It was by way of a follow up to my post attributing the improvement in part to the goalkeeping coach.

Exactly what part Wild (or indeed the gk coach) have played in this perceived improvement is open to debate. This is a discussion forum after all. I believe the change in Iversen started a while back and has continued under Wild.

However, in general I see an improvement in the overall commitment of the team since Wild took up the reins again. The players certainly look more confident in their approach and the back four has benefited from the addition of Iacovitti. Whether he is naturally a left back I’m not sure but he is a talker on the pitch and has brought a solidity to the left side of the defence.