Just now, maximus1267 said:

OMG disgusting losing to PNE 0-3.

If we carry on like this we'll be playing non league very soon.

That's my Saturday night and weekend ruined now.

You should have left at half time happy.

9 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

OMG disgusting losing to PNE 0-3.

If we carry on like this we'll be playing non league very soon.

That's my Saturday night and weekend ruined now.

??????????

8 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

*have

Well done, blue peter badge is in the post.

You just couldn't wait for us to get beat pre season though could you.

In the same way we took beating the La Liga team Girona for what it was I suggest you do the same on the back of today's performance, fair enough if we get battered when it counts tell us all I told you so but your need to get your bile out there after one defeat in about half dozen pre season games and before the match had even finished is really fucking sad. 

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

In the same way we took beating the La Liga team Girona for what it was I suggest you do the same on the back of today's performance, fair enough if we get battered when it counts tell us all I told you so but your need to get your bile out there after one defeat in about half dozen pre season games and before the match had even finished is really fucking sad. 

Lost a lot of momentum when Taylor and Miller went off at half time.

With Edmondson and Baxter fit, a goal scorer added and somehow get Byrne back into the fold we will be ok.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Non of us saw the Girona game and how the game went. Pre-Season really means nothing results wise, it’s how the teams play and what I saw today was a team devoid of attacking intelligence. It’s unreasonable to think that with Jonathan Benteke leading the line we will achieve anything this season. Coke was anonymous and offered little to nothing. Branger was snuffed out in the second half and when he beat his man he couldn’t find a blue shirt in the box because no one was getting forward. 

Hunt looked tired and sluggish and Stott was out of his depth.

Hope to god half the squad come back from their injuries and Bunn doesn’t pick that formation again.

Fail to see what Iversen offers that Johny doesn’t, Johny’s distribution was impressive. Iversen chokes and never releases it early and also doesn’t talk to the defence.

Only bright spark was Missilou but his passes were often wayward.

Edited by Kusunga_Is_God

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Lost a lot of momentum when Taylor and Miller went off at half time.

With Edmondson and Baxter fit, a goal scorer added and somehow get Byrne back into the fold we will be ok.

So there is some encouragement there. That's good to know.

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Non of us saw the Girona game and how the game went. Pre-Season really means nothing results wise, it’s how the teams play and what I say today was a team devoid of attacking intelligence. It’s unreasonable to think that with Jonathan Benteke leading the line we will achieve anything this season. Coke was anonymous and offered little to nothing. Branger was snuffed out in the second half and when he beat his man he couldn’t find a blue shirt in the box because no one was getting forward. 

Hunt looked tired and sluggish and Stott was out of his depth.

Hope to god half the squad come back from their injuries and Bunn doesn’t pick that formation again.

Fail to see what Iversen offers that Johny doesn’t, Johny’s distribution was impressive. Iversen chokes and never releases it early and also doesn’t talk to the defence.

Only bright spark was Missilou but his passes were often wayward.

So, apart from that, we were ok then?

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Graham looks shaky, Edmondson injured but not serious so should start next week. Hopefully  Baxter and a goal scorer too.

Can't see Baxter starting without having featured much in pre-season.

2 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Can't see Baxter starting without having featured much in pre-season.

I think he's been training all week, so today could have been a precaution not playing him so that he's fully fit for next week.

14 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

So, apart from that, we were ok then?

No we were not , apart from what Kusunga mentions Graham ,although a massive physical presence is very raw and not ready to play every week.

If the trialist was indeed Ishmael Miller, he needs to hang his boots up.

Benteke is as others have mentioned not good enough to be considered a starter.

Gardner had little or no effect on proceedings, although if carrying an injury niggle maybe to be expected.

I must take exception to the idea that Missilou is a "Find" the only thing this lad will be finding are yellow cards every game. 

Needs to be one hell of a week at Boundary Park to avoid the season opener being a damp squib.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, archiecat said:

No we were not , apart from what Kusunga mentions Graham ,although a massive physical presence is very raw and not ready to play every week.

If the trialist was indeed Ishmael Miller, he needs to hang his boots up.

Benteke is as others have mentioned not good enough to be considered a starter.

Gardner had little or no effect on proceedings, although if carrying an injury niggle maybe to be expected.

I must take exception to the idea that Missilou is a "Find" the only thing this lad will be finding are yellow cards every game. 

Needs to be one hell of a week at Boundary Park to avoid the season opener being a damp squib.

You failed to spot my tongue implanted in my cheek. Having said that, there's a few differing views after today's game.

I don’t think we’ve ever started a season with such weak attacking options and that’s counting  Robinson’s season. We need bryne and Baxter, if bryne doesn’t go before the start surely he has to play rather than rotting training with the kids

6 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I don’t think we’ve ever started a season with such weak attacking options and that’s counting  Robinson’s season.

It's a good point you make, even the likes of Poleon would stand out in this rabble of striker options, AL surely must have a major signing lined up because it's difficult to see that these players we've seen are starters.

Edited by yarddog73

12 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I don’t think we’ve ever started a season with such weak attacking options and that’s counting  Robinson’s season. We need bryne and Baxter, if bryne doesn’t go before the start surely he has to play rather than rotting training with the kids

Byrne won't play if you are on the wrong side of AL that's it. He had Fane suspended when we needed him in our relegation fight.