6 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Plonk AL in front of a video of our promotion winning season under Joe.  Show him the passion and potential of delivering a product on the pitch.

It is nostalgia granted but it’s not impossible to repeat it.  Peterborough have achieved it, others too i.e. scouting, securing and reselling talent enabling further investment.

If he’s got the funds and not having to concentrate on funding the upkeep of BP then  it could be achieved.  Even being bolshy back to Blitz if we fill the ground through success on the pitch.

I reckon he has probs already watched it.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

There were others with their fingers in the pie all wanting their slice.

We’ve been stripped of land and cash for so long now, there is nothing left. In a way you have to respect AL hes not in it for the land, prob the first! Sean Jarvis and joy Were worst! They tried to screw us over big time after Moore. Then claimed to be the hero’s. Borrow money of Moore to pay the wages? Like that crook would care about the wages, they wanted  the land. Nothing else. 

1 hour ago, ghostofcecere said:

I’m pretty sure Ritchie was £55K

Set by transfer tribunal I think

remember  going back to Leeds in the league cup a few months later, Stitch scoring, and us all singing ‘thank you very much for Andy Ritchie ‘

happy days 

Edited by stevesidg

50k for probably the best player I've seen play for us.

If we signed Doyle could he work out to be as pivotal as Ritchie was back then.

Could Doyle with Baxter be the foundations for success. If yes then he must be worth going for, that's if he's willing to play at this level.

4 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

50k for probably the best player I've seen play for us.

If we signed Doyle could he work out to be as pivotal as Ritchie was back then.

Could Doyle with Baxter be the foundations for success. If yes then he must be worth going for, that's if he's willing to play at this level.

We are not gonna sign Doyle. I’m an optimist (to an extent) and certainly no Kusunga but this is not going to happen. 

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

We are not gonna sign Doyle. I’m an optimist (to an extent) and certainly no Kusunga but this is not going to happen. 

Well I hope you're wrong but deep down I know you're probably right.

18 hours ago, stevesidg said:

Set by transfer tribunal I think

remember  going back to Leeds in the league cup a few months later, Stitch scoring, and us all singing ‘thank you very much for Andy Ritchie ‘

happy days 

I will not be able to get that song out of my head at work tomorrow.

Thank you very much