Who Are The League Two Managers? No.18: Frankie Bunn

Interesting article. Some stuff I didn't know in there. I didn't know he finished playing at just 27, and I didn't know he missed much of the pinch me seasons. 

Also didn't know he had such a close working relationship with Steve Eyre. That could bear fruit at some point. Where is he these days apart from gmr?

1 hour ago, philliggi said:

Interesting article. Some stuff I didn't know in there. I didn't know he finished playing at just 27, and I didn't know he missed much of the pinch me seasons. 

Also didn't know he had such a close working relationship with Steve Eyre. That could bear fruit at some point. Where is he these days apart from gmr?

Steve Eyre is first team coach at Fleetwood 

1 hour ago, philliggi said:

Yeah, he wasn’t playing that much in the pinch me season and he was injured in 90. I think he left before the promotion season?

He scored 6 in the Scarborough game, but Ritchie’s was the best goal by some distance. I’ll always remember FB’s rather shy and quiet interview after the game on TV. 

2 hours ago, philliggi said:

Not read the article but Bunn was Steve Eyre’s assistant during his ill fated spell in charge of Dale.

Steve Eyre is a decent pundit I think.

Yeah really! Usually on Radio Manchester when they have a former pro as pundit watching Oldham they usually come out with the line "well theirs no money at Oldham thats why they are shit" They were good when Joe Royle was the manager though" Genius!

Steve Eyre actually watches the game understands the strengths and weaknesses of the players and understands its not just about how much money you can throw at it.

Now I wouldn't necessarily want him on the coaching staff here his record isnt particularly impressive but Im more than happy to listen to his views too and from the game.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Steve Eyre actually watches the game understands the strengths and weaknesses of the players and understands its not just about how much money you can throw at it.

Now I wouldn't necessarily want him on the coaching staff here his record isnt particularly impressive but Im more than happy to listen to his views too and from the game.

This.  :chubb:

43 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Steve Eyre is a arrogant wanka

But he can spell!!