Edmundson

Taylor

Branger-Engone

Missilou

Gardner

Nepomuceno

Baxter

Benteke

I can't say that I trust that team to win, but it's the best we have at the moment.

Would rather start Miller (if he signs got to be ahead of OGrady) if he’s up top on his own. Thought he looked a real handful on Saturday few Preston colleagues liked the look of him. Problem might be keeping him fit! Don’t think he is a regular starter but could be our new Holloway hold up man. Think you always need this sort of player in your squad. 

Benteke tried that role on Saturday and looked a tad lost. 

Edited by adamoafc

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Iverson

Hunt

Clarke

Edmundson

Taylor

Branger-Engone

Missilou

Gardner

Nepomuceno

Baxter

Benteke

I can't say that I trust that team to win, but it's the best we have at the moment.

I’d play Hamer above Hunt and also play Dummigan right wing but otherwise agree

17 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Compared to the team from the opening day of last season:

Wilson,

Wilson, Gerrard, Clarke, Hunt,

McLaughlin, Green (Obadeyi 59'), Fane, Banks (Flynn 75'),

Holloway, Davies (Duffus 75')

Subs not used: Dummigan, Edmundson, Stott, Fawns.

How many of the fourteen that played would you want to feature against MK Dons?

Clarke, Hunt, Fane, Holloway and Davies possibly? As someone said elsewhere : ‘no wonder we had the start we did...’

It seems to me that if we had kept Holloway and Davies we would be far better off - I accept that Davies wanted away but Holloway? Let’s hope that we see a ‘proper young striker’ from a Premier League club join on loan this week. 

Squeaky bum time already...possibly ?

50 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

How many of the fourteen that played would you want to feature against MK Dons?

Clarke, Hunt, Fane, Holloway and Davies possibly? As someone said elsewhere : ‘no wonder we had the start we did...’

It seems to me that if we had kept Holloway and Davies we would be far better off - I accept that Davies wanted away but Holloway? Let’s hope that we see a ‘proper young striker’ from a Premier League club join on loan this week. 

Squeaky bum time already...possibly ?

Really good point when we talk about worse squad in history etc.  Personally I'd have Hunt, Clarke and Davies in the team out of that lot.  We've got 2 of them and we've got time to replace the other.  Keeper is probably better, defence is as good if not better and the midfield is an unknown, but on paper I think I'd rather go with what we have now.  Baxter is better than Holloway, so it's all about the number 9 and how we go about filling that position.  And I'd love both sides to get to get together and sort out whatever differences so we can get Byrne in the side.  Big week.

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

Really good point when we talk about worse squad in history etc.  Personally I'd have Hunt, Clarke and Davies in the team out of that lot.  We've got 2 of them and we've got time to replace the other.  Keeper is probably better, defence is as good if not better and the midfield is an unknown, but on paper I think I'd rather go with what we have now.  Baxter is better than Holloway, so it's all about the number 9 and how we go about filling that position.  And I'd love both sides to get to get together and sort out whatever differences so we can get Byrne in the side.  Big week.

I'd love Byrne to sort things out but I think this is one of AL's mistakes that he says he's learnt from. I think he's probably taking up about a fifth of the budget so we need him off the books.

9 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I'd love Byrne to sort things out but I think this is one of AL's mistakes that he says he's learnt from. I think he's probably taking up about a fifth of the budget so we need him off the books.

It's a fair point.  And if his leaving means we can keep the tax man at bay and bring a player in or 2 to add to creativity/goals then I'm ok with that.

10 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Or bring him back into the fold so he can at least try and earn himself the move he obviously craves.

Might suit both parties and I'm pretty sure Byrne is aware he is running out of chances to forge himself the decent career he could no doubt have if he plays the game.

Would love Baxter to be starting but I can't see it - only back in training today it seems. 

Think he'll be on the bench. Would love Byrne to be playing but we all know how thats been going the past few weeks. 

MK Dons predicted by the bookies to piss the league, I think we'll win this one but will be tough. Going 2-0 the blues but it's hard this early in the week as I can see a couple of ins and outs this week. 

9 hours ago, aaronoafc said:

Would love Baxter to be starting but I can't see it - only back in training today it seems. 

Think he'll be on the bench.

If he's fit enough to be on the bench then start him, even if he can only play first half.

4 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Neil Hair makes his football league debut as the referee. (He was the ref for the Tranmere play-off final win). 

Oh fantastic. A ref debuts on our return to Division 4. 

Someone is going to have toupe 

13 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Neil Hair makes his football league debut as the referee. (He was the ref for the Tranmere play-off final win). 

8 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Oh fantastic. A ref debuts on our return to Division 4. 

Someone is going to have toupe 

Let’s hope he has a decent style and can cut it...:getmecoat:

On 7/30/2018 at 10:32 AM, aaronoafc said:

MK Dons predicted by the bookies to piss the league, I think we'll win this one but will be tough. Going 2-0 the blues but it's hard this early in the week as I can see a couple of ins and outs this week. 

Hi Aaron, that's a solid Prediction, fancy joining Prediction League.....

....and whacking it in here....?

Edited by lookersstandandy

9 minutes ago, youngen said:

Seen as we have an actual game on Saturday, anyone care to guess how we will line up? 

Having not attended or cared about any friendlies, I havent a clue. Will be there Saturday so would be nice if someone has any idea?!

3 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

I think off what I have seen he will go:

Iversen

Hunt

Edmundson

Clarke

Taylor

Nepomuceno

Gardner

Missilou

Coke

Branger