Where's Your Cash

Don't think opinions re prospects have ever been more disparate - so has anyone been brave enough to back their views with cash down the bookies?

I did quite well last season through backing us to stay up several times - and managing to cash them all out at a profit!

6 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

had £25 on us going down but got a cashout offer of £55 so took it. Don't think we'll go down but don't think we'll amount to much.

Big week ahead with some big signings to made, still time for things to change. 

Is this the modern up and coming Oldham fan, I'm presuming you're young !!

Betting on your own team to go down is pretty low IMO

13 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Is this the modern up and coming Oldham fan, I'm presuming you're young !!

Betting on your own team to go down is pretty low IMO

Was the day after the Northampton game. Made my cash on it.

Like I said, I dont think we'll go down and theres every chance we could be involved in a battle to avoid the drop but I dont see it being such a danger to us as previous seasons in League One

30 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Was the day after the Northampton game. Made my cash on it.

Like I said, I dont think we'll go down and theres every chance we could be involved in a battle to avoid the drop but I dont see it being such a danger to us as previous seasons in League One

Thats quite positive then !!

Currently we are 9/2 for promotion on skybet.

Its very hard to call this season. I get the impression we will start slow and turn it round in the 2nd half of the season.

Reading some predictions from other clubs supporters on facebook quite a few of them think we will be in the play offs.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

had £25 on us going down but got a cashout offer of £55 so took it. Don't think we'll go down but don't think we'll amount to much.

Big week ahead with some big signings to made, still time for things to change. 

Your optimism is growing day by day.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Its very hard to call this season. I get the impression we will start slow and turn it round in the 2nd half of the season.

Well that's a better scenario than starting well then dropping off.

I don't think anyone really knows how its going to pan out, my heart says we'll go straight back up, my head says we won't have any idea until we've played 10 games maybe.

I can even, sort of understand some of the negativity from certain posters due to the fact they've seen nothing better but we all need to stay as positive as we can about the team even if we start slowly.

With the players we have at the moment I would predict mid table.  However if we sign 5 more quality players including a few loan players from premier league and we get gelling as a team then a play off place is not within our reach. Let’s see who comes in in the next few days. If the rumours true about the lad from Bournemouth then we could be looking forward to a decent season. 

Rather then bet I've put a pledge of £250 to player share if we get promotion which I feel is definitely  do able now we have got rid of trouble makers and Bunn instills team spirit and commaradary  instead of a couple of disruptive billy big bollox ruining it for the rest

Now really looking forwards to seeing this team bonding and growing in confidence and hopefully getting promotion.

8 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

With the players we have at the moment I would predict mid table.  However if we sign 5 more quality players including a few loan players from premier league and we get gelling as a team then a play off place is not within our reach. Let’s see who comes in in the next few days. If the rumours true about the lad from Bournemouth then we could be looking forward to a decent season. 

Let us have it right, if we are looking to a 19yo kid to shoulder the goalscoring burden then it is going to be a long hard season.

1 hour ago, maximus1267 said:

Well that's a better scenario than starting well then dropping off.

I don't think anyone really knows how its going to pan out, my heart says we'll go straight back up, my head says we won't have any idea until we've played 10 games maybe.

I can even, sort of understand some of the negativity from certain posters due to the fact they've seen nothing better but we all need to stay as positive as we can about the team even if we start slowly.

The thing is its much harder to predict than usual, what with us going into a new division, with a new manager and essentially a new owner, we don't really know what we are going to get. This is a massive change from the previous decade or so when we pretty much finished in the same place each season in the same division. I think if we are within striking distance of the play offs at the turn of the year then things could get significantly better in the 2nd half of the season.

I genuinely wouldn't want to bet on us until then. I think the first half of the season could throw up all kinds of weird and wonderful results including a number of meltdowns both on here and in the stands.

Edited by GlossopLatic

You have to ask why some on here would tip MK and Northampton ahead of us this season given we finished ahead of both last season when we were playing with half a team and a manager who had given up on us, has their transfer business been that outstanding?

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

think the first half of the season could throw up all kinds of weird and wonderful results including a number of meltdowns both on here 

I dont think you will get long odds against that. 

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You have to ask why some on here would tip MK and Northampton ahead of us this season given we finished ahead of both last season when we were playing with half a team and a manager who had given up on us, has their transfer business been that outstanding?

Because last season has little relevance to the forthcoming one?

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

At least they don’t have winding up petitions and team mates breaking legs and also having to sack players because they sent a tweet.