Where's Your Cash

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Do we need to? Would he be signing for us if Bournemouth had genuine high hopes for him?

Howe genuinely rates him so that's good enough for me, Kane made his debut for Leyton Orient at Rochdale so sending young teenage starlets out on loan to lower league teams is nothing new, in fact if you look at England's recent World Cup squad plenty have done the rounds in the EFL.

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Let us have it right, if we are looking to a 19yo kid to shoulder the goalscoring burden then it is going to be a long hard season.

Who said anything about him being the only striker to be signed???? I didn’t say that. 

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Do we need to? Would he be signing for us if Bournemouth had genuine high hopes for him?

If we sign this so called kid it will be a big achievement for Bunn because apparently there have been Division 1 teams after his services. Also BP1960 says he’s a terrific prospect. 

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Let us have it right, if we are looking to a 19yo kid to shoulder the goalscoring burden then it is going to be a long hard season.

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Hi deyres42, I think your login has been hacked by Kusunga_Is_God... check out the above posts ... probably need to change your password or summat.

5 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

If we sign this so called kid it will be a big achievement for Bunn because apparently there have been Division 1 teams after his services. Also BP1960 says he’s a terrific prospect. 

Must be good if he says so...

It’s hardly going to excite people given that this lad couldn’t get in the 11 for 19th placed Yeovil...

BUT I think a youngster from the Premier League on loan was inevitable given our financial circumstances. One who has played minutes in this league before and returned a decent amount of goals is about the best we could’ve hoped for. 

I’m ok with Surridge.

Cotterill would be quality - a few more signings of that ilk and I’ll be joining the walk the league lads :lol:

Edited by Ryan

These professional tipsters have the 18/1 for us to go down as being worth an outside bet. 

https://www.thepunterspage.com/2018-2019-league-two-season-betting-preview-tips/

I think 18/1 for us to go down is a good value bet, there are obviously behind  the scenes issues, but my money has been going on us to go the other way (or things of that nature). 

15 minutes ago, Ryan said:

It’s hardly going to excite people given that this lad couldn’t get in the 11 for 19th placed Yeovil...

BUT I think a youngster from the Premier League on loan was inevitable given our financial circumstances. One who has played minutes in this league before and returned a decent amount of goals is about the best we could’ve hoped for. 

I’m ok with Surridge.

Cotterill would be quality - a few more signings of that ilk and I’ll be joining the walk the league lads :lol:

What are you talking about Ryan he played over 50 games for Yeovil last season scoring 10 goals and got 6 assists. You do talk some crap at times. 

6 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

What are you talking about Ryan he played over 50 games for Yeovil last season scoring 10 goals and got 6 assists. You do talk some crap at times. 

He played in 41 league games scoring 8 goals. 20 of those 41 appearances were off the bench. 

I’ve literally said it’s about as good as we could’ve hoped for and one of the usual happy clappy suspects jumps on me. Whatevs.

Edited by Ryan

3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

He played in 41 league game scoring 8 goals. 20 of those 41 appearances were off the bench. 

I’ve literally said it’s about as good as we could’ve hoped for and one of the usual happy clappy suspects jumps on me. Whatevs.

Not according to HICT Sport he made 53 appearances and scored 10 goals. 

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

I wonder what people thought when they found this 17 year old whippersnapper, Ryan Sessegnon, was about to feature in Fulham's first team. Seventeen? Can't be that good? What are we thinking of?

4 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I wonder what people thought when they found this 17 year old whippersnapper, Ryan Sessegnon, was about to feature in Fulham's first team. Seventeen? Can't be that good? What are we thinking of?

No loan spells for that lad but I take your point.

I remember a Mr Alan Hanson making a comment about kids and football. He couldn't have been more wrong.

If you are good enough you're old enough.

The burden will or should be collectively, they are a team.

3 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Can’t believe I’m getting grief for slating O’Grady, the guys getting on a scored jack shot for chesterfield! I’m basing it on recent history and cold hard facts. How can any one diss the cold hard facts?

Honest question.  What does that mean?

Had we gone into this season with a genuine League One budget then we would have been at least play off favourites. We haven't so we're not.

This bunch under FB can excel or fail. That's about the top and bottom of it.

22 minutes ago, Lags said:

Had we gone into this season with a genuine League One budget then we would have been at least play off favourites. We haven't so we're not.

Agreed. Lot of its and buts when it comes to this squad.

Edited by dec666

First time in many a year I have not had a bet on us going up. Mainly through expectation, but a small part not to jinx it.

I admit though, from my heavy scepticism on FB appointment, the pre season has exceeded my expectations a little, so I think he may get us higher than our budget, which Id put at half way.

Let’s face it, it’s always ifs and buts. U can have the worst team on paper and win the league, u can have best team on paper and do shit. It means nothing in the lower leagues does that mean we have a chance?? fuck knows. We have a decent defence (we hope) a potential decent mid Baxter and Gardner, should be class in this league? That leaves two untested French lads(fingers crossed can pull it out the bag). Let’s face it... a mixed bag of unproven/past it strikers. It’s in the hands of the footballing gods, Hunt and dumingham, plus Baxter must be 3 of the best in the league. Keepers unknown ??‍♂️

2 hours ago, Lags said:

We’re 7th favourite with more than one bookmaker.

9 hours ago, latics22 said:

Let’s face it, it’s always ifs and buts. U can have the worst team on paper and win the league, u can have best team on paper and do shit. It means nothing in the lower leagues does that mean we have a chance?? fuck knows. We have a decent defence (we hope) a potential decent mid Baxter and Gardner, should be class in this league? That leaves two untested French lads(fingers crossed can pull it out the bag). Let’s face it... a mixed bag of unproven/past it strikers. It’s in the hands of the footballing gods, Hunt and dumingham, plus Baxter must be 3 of the best in the league. Keepers unknown ??‍♂️

7 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

That's the best post I have read from you in a long time.

My thoughts exactly whittles left foot - wonder what odds you could have got on latics22 posting a reasoned and measured contribution before the season has started? ? 

This is going to be a crazy ? campaign - expect the unexpected!