O’Grady Signs

Nice to see that everyone is happy with this. So far, he's only been seen in a couple or so friendlies. There would be a reason he wasn't in the squad on Saturday, but you would imagine Bunn and Rhodes have seen enough to warrant him having a one year contract.

Here's a radical idea; let's see how he performs over the first month or so of the season and then decide whether he's crap (or, actually, quite good for League 2), unless you've already made your mind up, of course.

He didn't relegate Chesterfield on his own. They were just a crap team. 

20 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Christ worst attack in league two so far, was hoping he was on his way after not being in the team Saturday 

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Think it's safe to assume Miller doesn't fancy it then, can only see O'Grady being used from the bench along with Benteke. 

I can't wait for the reaction if Miller signs tomorrow.

40 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Nice to see that everyone is happy with this. So far, he's only been seen in a couple or so friendlies. There would be a reason he wasn't in the squad on Saturday, but you would imagine Bunn and Rhodes have seen enough to warrant him having a one year contract.

Here's a radical idea; let's see how he performs over the first month or so of the season and then decide whether he's crap (or, actually, quite good for League 2), unless you've already made your mind up, of course.

He didn't relegate Chesterfield on his own. They were just a crap team. 

It is possible for people to have an opinion of a new signing especially one we know a little bit about and who some posters have actually seen play in friendlies for us. Personally Im pretty "meh" about this signing.

It's also possible that people are prepared to change their opinion of said player if they start performing. I'm slightly sceptical, I will happily be proved wrong even if he proves to just be an option from the bench that would be enough for us.

Edited by GlossopLatic

8 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I haven't seen us this pre season so no idea how he's looked. I do think we'll need at least one big heavy lump this season, hope he's a useful one

To be honest I'm sick of us signing big heavy lumps, hows about us just signing some decent forwards who can put themselves about a bit and have an iota of desire, this new potential signing Surridge looks like he will be in that mould from the clips I can find of him, looks an handful and decent in the air too.

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Christ worst attack in league two so far, was hoping he was on his way after not being in the team Saturday 

:lol:

We haven't half got some really negative fans supporting our club.

There will be many games when you need a target man to hold up the ball just to take the pressure off.  He may not be prolific but he is good at shielding the ball and bringing others into the game.   I think we still need someone to score the goals but O'Grady can do a job alongside a Baxter, Benteke or the lad from Bournemouth (If he signs).  Let's not write him off just yet.

Miller has scored as many goals as Ernie Cooksey last two seasons, I can't even see that he had a club last season. Why people are more impressed with him I don't know. O'Grady is an upgrade on Holloway for me. Millers last goal was in December 2015 from what I can see.

Time to start backing this lot. We all feared truck loads of African lads coming in not giving a fuck but clearly Bunn has been able to get a few of his lads in. They're no Doyle or Bryan but we're in the bottom division now.