O’Grady Signs

13 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Who knows? I think it would be a very odd move chucking him straight into that unless we're short of bodies and it's just to give him a taste of 1st team camaraderie.

Looks like he can handle himself..

Of late, he has been my favourite player to watch. Very unspectacular and appears nonchalant but with the exception of Lydon and Maouche, he reads the game better than any of the current squad. 

Personally, i think our recent upturn has been down to players actually catching up to the likes of COG in the way he thinks.. Maouche in particular is blossoming. His game is expanding at a rapid rate; so much so that he is often starting moves in defence and getting on the end of the final ball in the oppos six yard box. When he irons out his finishing, he will be a 10 goal a season player

By and large, it is COG who creates that space to afford Maouche the luxury of being the furthest player forward.

Players are starting to trust each other.

It is making a huge difference.

If there is one benefit to iIfollow it is that it allows nerds like me to replay the games and study the players' efforts.

I get exhausred just watching COGs workrate. He must be completely knackered at the final whistle.

For the life of me, i still cannot explain Carlisle!

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 12:23 AM, L1onheartNew said:

Of late, he has been my favourite player to watch. Very unspectacular and appears nonchalant but with the exception of Lydon and Maouche, he reads the game better than any of the current squad. 

Personally, i think our recent upturn has been down to players actually catching up to the likes of COG in the way he thinks.. Maouche in particular is blossoming. His game is expanding at a rapid rate; so much so that he is often starting moves in defence and getting on the end of the final ball in the oppos six yard box. When he irons out his finishing, he will be a 10 goal a season player

By and large, it is COG who creates that space to afford Maouche the luxury of being the furthest player forward.

Players are starting to trust each other.

It is making a huge difference.

If there is one benefit to iIfollow it is that it allows nerds like me to replay the games and study the players' efforts.

I get exhausred just watching COGs workrate. He must be completely knackered at the final whistle.

For the life of me, i still cannot explain Carlisle!

Great post. He’s a very intelligent footballer. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/30/2018 at 5:28 PM, PlayItLivo said:

On a one year deal

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/july/30072018-chris-ogrady-signs/

Can’t say I’m too enthused about it tbh. Then again I wasn’t that enthused about Davies re-signing last season and he was a revelation.

Under contract but he only signed a one year deal 😑

For those interested O’Grady reached the following milestones at games

10th game- Grimsby (a) (September)

15th game - Bradford (a- JPT) (October)

20th game - Notts County (a) (November) (Surridge injured)

25th game - Rochdale (a- JPT) (December) 

30th game - Notts County (h) (January) (Miller had gone) (Surridge not fully fit)

35th game - Yeovil (h) (Scholes’ first game)

40th game - Lincoln (a) (Scholes’ last game)

45th game - Mansfield (h)

Although I think the clause would have probably been triggered by then, I think it is interesting to note that 2 potential milestones for automatic renewal were in Scholes’ brief reign. I have no problem if AL told Scholes not to play O’Grady to stop a contract renewal. I doubt that was the cause of Scholes packing his bags though.

After his performance against Bury at BP, and due to some personal reasons, I’ll always have a soft spot for O’Grady. He isn’t a trouble maker and keeping some experienced players around given the likely make-up of the squad next season makes a lot of sense.

I think we could do better than him for his wage though.

17 minutes ago, RoytonLatics said:

Just wait until he's announced as next seasons captain...

I'd have expected him to have captained the side on Saturday, if he was going to be named captain next season. 

Then again, a new manager, can often mean a new captain. 

I wouldn't be surprised if next season's captain isn't at the club yet. 

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

He isn’t a trouble maker and keeping some experienced players around given the likely make-up of the squad next season makes a lot of sense.

Edmundson and Hamer are probably more vocal and influential than O'Grady despite his age and experience. 

I believe he's a very, very nice bloke but he's (now) a fucking terrible footballer. 

Is he, pound for pound, our worst ever player?

We've had worse players that have played a game or two but I can't think of anybody else who has been as bad as him and continued to be picked so regularly... 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Edmundson and Hamer are probably more vocal and influential than O'Grady despite his age and experience. 

I believe he's a very, very nice bloke but he's (now) a fucking terrible footballer. 

Is he, pound for pound, our worst ever player?

We've had worse players that have played a game or two but I can't think of anybody else who has been as bad as him and continued to be picked so regularly... 

Fane