O’Grady Signs

14 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Edmundson and Hamer are probably more vocal and influential than O'Grady despite his age and experience. 

I believe he's a very, very nice bloke but he's (now) a fucking terrible footballer. 

Is he, pound for pound, our worst ever player?

We've had worse players that have played a game or two but I can't think of anybody else who has been as bad as him and continued to be picked so regularly... 

Pound for pound? Gerrard. 

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

For those interested O’Grady reached the following milestones at games

10th game- Grimsby (a) (September)

15th game - Bradford (a- JPT) (October)

20th game - Notts County (a) (November) (Surridge injured)

25th game - Rochdale (a- JPT) (December) 

30th game - Notts County (h) (January) (Miller had gone) (Surridge not fully fit)

35th game - Yeovil (h) (Scholes’ first game)

40th game - Lincoln (a) (Scholes’ last game)

45th game - Mansfield (h)

Although I think the clause would have probably been triggered by then, I think it is interesting to note that 2 potential milestones for automatic renewal were in Scholes’ brief reign. I have no problem if AL told Scholes not to play O’Grady to stop a contract renewal. I doubt that was the cause of Scholes packing his bags though.

After his performance against Bury at BP, and due to some personal reasons, I’ll always have a soft spot for O’Grady. He isn’t a trouble maker and keeping some experienced players around given the likely make-up of the squad next season makes a lot of sense.

I think we could do better than him for his wage though.

Good research, wouldn't it be starting games though? 25th or 30th?

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

IMO Fane was a work in progress, certainly not the worst we have had recently, there are a few that could lay claim to this title. 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Nah, Fane had a good 15 to 20 game spell before we ran the poor lad into the ground. 

Anyone still got footage of that (non) header at Charlton last season?

Fane is the least skillful player to ever play 30 games for us in my memory. The fact he played 92 games shows the state of the level of football we've been in for 3 seasons. 

He is/was a runner / athlete masquerading as a footballer. I'll admit that had its uses in league 1, nevermind league 2. 

But I feel like I'm going over old ground here. So I'll say no more. 

Just now, latics22 said:

Kill me now. Thought nepo was gone? Staling tactic,    Yeah we tried but sadly he hates the owner like everyone’ else

Nepo won’t play for the owners I believe. Think the ‘negotiating’ line in the retained list was an attempt to soften the blow when he eventually leaves. 

Although football is fickle and if it’s Oldham or no club he may change his mind. 

24 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I’d rather a group of dick heads that can play football 

Dickheads that can play Football is a winning combo.

Most teams have players and dickheads and its about finding the balance. Dickheads that can play tho, love them.

13 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Anyone still got footage of that (non) header at Charlton last season?

Fane is the least skillful player to ever play 30 games for us in my memory. The fact he played 92 games shows the state of the level of football we've been in for 3 seasons. 

He is/was a runner / athlete masquerading as a footballer. I'll admit that had its uses in league 1, nevermind league 2. 

But I feel like I'm going over old ground here. So I'll say no more. 

Again - shows what a funny old game football is and how different people see different things. Fane - for me, a great player for breaking up the play (and initially some great bursting runs forward - had that coached out of him by those coaches much wiser than me) - genuinely think he'd have been a real asset at this level. O'Grady - wouldn't pick him for the pub side I watch - seriously.

6 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Again - shows what a funny old game football is and how different people see different things. Fane - for me, a great player for breaking up the play (and initially some great bursting runs forward - had that coached out of him by those coaches much wiser than me) - genuinely think he'd have been a real asset at this level.

:laught16: :laught16: :laught16:

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 11:26 PM, super_blue said:

Although football is fickle and if it’s Oldham or no club he may change his mind. 

Not a chance in hell that he won't get fixed up elsewhere after the season he's had,

I'd be more worried about the quality of replacement???