Sam Surridge is confirmed

I’m now thinking I’d easily have this lad over Davies, Holloway and yes... Doyle.   Combined 4 goals so far.   Davies injured, Holloway dropped and Doyle carrying on where he left off here (misfiring).  Give me a hungry and slightly angry young striker any day. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I’d be very surprised that they are “happy” for him “to see out the season” if we aren’t paying them. 

Doesn't say that Bournemouth are happy, just that Surridge is. And I can't imagine he cares whether we're paying Bournemouth a loan fee or not - he's just enjoying his football.

4 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Nixon on Twitter:

OLDHAM. BOURNEMOUTH. Young Surridge happy to see out season on loan despite rival interest to buy him in January.

From the man who initially broke the story that Preston wanted to buy him. 

Can you see the issue here? 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I’d be very surprised that they are “happy” for him “to see out the season” if we aren’t paying them. 

He can only be withdrawn from a season long loan if it was in the contract. Or, if all parties agree in January.

57 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Doesn't say that Bournemouth are happy, just that Surridge is. And I can't imagine he cares whether we're paying Bournemouth a loan fee or not - he's just enjoying his football.

I took it as Bournemouth being happy. I still do having re-read it, particularly regarding the potential sale bit.  

Anyhow, it’s just a rumour. No need for the misery police here to get all uppity. 

18 hours ago, kowenicki said:

I took it as Bournemouth being happy. I still do having re-read it, particularly regarding the potential sale bit.  

Anyhow, it’s just a rumour. No need for the misery police here to get all uppity. 

Put your money into prospects like this AL, outbid these Champiobship clubs.

Same goes for Iversen.

Outlay will be recouped several times over in time.

4 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

He can't even pay wages on time, doubt he'll be spending on transfer fees....

....I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I think of it.

What sort of person buys a football club - they do not support, nor have any connections with - without land/saleable assets, a queue of creditors as long as the eye can see - that you hadn't spotted during your own due diligence. Then, within the first 12 months finds themselves so strapped for cash that they can't afford to meet the most basic of obligations? I can only conclude one that lacks sanity.

Edited by lookersstandandy

2 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

He can't even pay wages on time, doubt he'll be spending on transfer fees.

Thought he was a multi millionaire?

Found enough for Queensy.

Edited by BP1960

23 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Thought he was a multi millionaire?

Found enough for Queensy.

It's got to make you wonder what the real reasons being signing / money exchanging hands was for the boy Queensy hasn't it?

If he was on £10k+ a week, only a moron would pay that knowing he didn't have much more than £3m to burn in total.

Or was that not the case? Was it reported as £10k+ a week and did unspecified amount of money move around elsewhere?