Sam Surridge is confirmed

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

....I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I think of it.

What sort of person buys a football club - they do not support, nor have nay connections with - without land/saleable assets, a queue of creditors as long as the eye can see - that you hadn't spotted during your own due diligence. Then, within the first 12 months finds themselves so strapped for cash that they can't afford to meet the most basic of obligations? I can only conclude one that lacks sanity.

In addition who would pay all of this struggling clubs debt off- leaving no money to pay wages. . 

Unless of course. You haven’t. 

1 hour ago, OAFCinWolves said:

All depends who you speak too. So much drama for the club we are at the moment....like some one said we need to get Amazon in for a balancing documentary of what football's like at the other end of the scale

That would be a dispiriting watch.

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:24 PM, OneSizeFitz said:

Doesn't say that Bournemouth are happy, just that Surridge is. And I can't imagine he cares whether we're paying Bournemouth a loan fee or not - he's just enjoying his football.

Both Oldham and Bournemouth are in capitals, separated by full stops, which I take as meaning both clubs.

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Put your money into prospects like this AL, outbid these Champiobship clubs.

Same goes for Iversen.

Outlay will be recouped several times over in time.

I agree with you, but would they sign for a L2 club? The wages their agents would demand may upset others in the squad.

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

It's got to make you wonder what the real reasons being signing / money exchanging hands was for the boy Queensy hasn't it?

If he was on £10k+ a week, only a moron would pay that knowing he didn't have much more than £3m to burn in total.

Or was that not the case? Was it reported as £10k+ a week and did unspecified amount of money move around elsewhere?

For me, the main benefit for a story to circulate that we vastly over paid wages on a player, and that cash was being frittered, and quoted to be be giving a "present" would be to make the person that was throwing the money look like he had plenty.

For it to transpire numerous time that he hasn't got the money he implied would be Michael Knighton esque.....

16 hours ago, al_bro said:

I agree with you, but would they sign for a L2 club? The wages their agents would demand may upset others in the squad.

At major clubs there's a massisive disparity in squad players wages. 

Doubt if the lesser paid are upset at Pogba's higher wages.

This apply to star players at all levels, even in non league.

There is no chance of him being with us next year.  He will either be back at Bournemouth or in the Championship on loan. Not sure why anyone would think he would stay beyond his loan with a league 2 or even a league 1 club.  The lad clearly has something and it looks like he has matured this season. 

That isn’t a reason to criticise Latics though.  Quite the opposite... we did well to get him for the season. 

I say we just appreciate him while we have him. What will be will be.

I think hes the real deal and will play at atleast championship level but ofcourse as said above he may end up struggling in the 2nd half of the season if pitches and form of the team deteriorate.

Edited by GlossopLatic

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

There is no chance of him being with us next year.  He will either be back at Bournemouth or in the Championship on loan. Not sure why anyone would think he would stay beyond his loan with a league 2 or even a league 1 club.  The lad clearly has something and it looks like he has matured this season. 

That isn’t a reason to criticise Latics though.  Quite the opposite... we did well to get him for the season. 

We said the same about Eoin. 

5 hours ago, kowenicki said:

His niggly injury record might just be enough that if we get promoted he stays with us as opposed to going to the Championship. Bournemouth don't seem likely to get relegated but that may affect where Surridge goes too. 

There is no chance he'll return if we don't go up. In the season and a bit he's been on loan at this level he's already shown enough for a League 1 side (minimum) to want him on loan. 

I'd agree that after someone scores the goals he did, mainly as a sub too, last season we did well to get him here for this season.