Fresh Hope. . . ?

1 minute ago, astottie said:

if we cant have hope 4 days before the season starts then god help us. I find it peaks at 2.55pm on the first day of the season especially if we are playing at home and i'm walking down the Sheepfoot Lane. however it's usually dissipated by 3.45. there have been a couple of anomalies. Cardiff home around 1985 springs to mind. 2 up after five minutes and going to storm the league. Drew 2 a piece. it's the hope that kills ya:(

Not many clubs are even remotely successful, when it’s so turbulent off the pitch. There are exceptions like Blackpool. I’d feel a lot more hopeful if you could trust the club to run things properly for a consistent period. 

IMO there are green shoots. 

The managerial appointments. (Which more than anything bring the club together) 

Bunns handling of troublemakers. 

Reduced ticket prices. 

IF we can get our staff paid on time and keep things on a even keel, we could surprise a few this year. 

3 minutes ago, astottie said:

if we cant have hope 4 days before the season starts then god help us. I find it peaks at 2.55pm on the first day of the season especially if we are playing at home and i'm walking down the Sheepfoot Lane. however it's usually dissipated by 3.45. there have been a couple of anomalies. Cardiff home around 1985 springs to mind. 2 up after five minutes and going to storm the league. Drew 2 a piece. it's the hope that kills ya:(

Every fan of every club feels the same way. Around  30% will be going home, growling at the wife and kicking the dog before venting their anger on their respective forums.  It's my religion and I shall be there Saturday praying for a win.

2 minutes ago, Whitts said:

Every fan of every club feels the same way. Around  30% will be going home, growling at the wife and kicking the dog before venting their anger on their respective forums.  It's my religion and I shall be there Saturday praying for a win.

i suppose some of the exceptions that prove the rule would be Derby away 86? wolves away '90? Millwall home about 2007

Theres a Yeovil in there somewhere. Ronnies first game.

2 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Open training session - everyone looking happy and Jack Byrne who’s been a trouble causer posting all over Twitter positively engaging with fans today yet they haven’t been paid??? Sorry unless I see proof it hasn’t happened 

Me to  to many bullshitters  on here   

11 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Be a strange time to call a open session if you knew you weren’t going to pay the players I must admit

i know what you mean  but being counter intuitive couldnt you argue it's the perfect time? Safe in the knowledge they are going to behave in front of their adoring public.

2 minutes ago, astottie said:

i know what you mean  but being counter intuitive couldnt you argue it's the perfect time? Safe in the knowledge they are going to behave in front of their adoring public.

Nope - if I’d not been paid I’d be singing it from the rooftops not taking selfies with kids in prams 

I have absolutely no idea what to expect this season in terms of performance, results or where we will finish. Generally, we all knew what to expect especially in the recent past but this year there's so many variables which could effect how we do. 

Things such as HMRC raid outcome (potential points deducted/heavy fine),

Squad harmony (will we get Byrne back involved or will he and anymore potential troublemakers upset the apple cart)

Momentum (could happen both ways, start well, confidence grows, results keep on coming vice versa however, start badly, end up in a rut)

AL involvement (he admitted mistakes were made on his part last year, how will he learn from them?)

All these could end up effecting our season. So far I have seen pundits tip us for releagtion, fine, their choice. However, for the life of me, I cannot see us finishing below certain teams (excuse my partial arrogance)

I go into this season with hope and slight excitement, purely because we're not guaranteed a relegation battle for the first time in donkey's.

I reckon 14th

2 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Confirmed by the manager on the radio tonight. Unless he's making stuff up, of course.

It was a bit inbetweeny. He said they'd talked about the problem from last year and agreed it wasn't an excuse not to play well. Fair enough, but not something you'd want to rely on long term