2018/19 Predictions

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Not really, looking at who they've recruited there's no stand out, we still finished 5 points in front of them last season when we couldn't win a game in our last eight and I actually think we are more of a solid team than many of our fans are giving us credit for, if bouncing back is statistically difficult to do why do fans think they are any better placed to do it?

It's all ifs, buts and maybes for every team I just feel we are better than what some fans/pundits will give us credit for. We will have a better idea after Saturday but the difference in price for us to win the League isn't warranted and if I had a free £1000 match between at the prices I'd much rather be on us.

Their recruitment has been nothing short of excellent. There’s absolutely no reason to predict us to finish above them given how many unknowns there are with Latics currently - they’re a team of proven winners. 

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Their recruitment has been nothing short of excellent. There’s absolutely no reason to predict us to finish above them given how many unknowns there are with Latics currently - they’re a team of proven winners. 

Who were relegated with us last season :chubb:.

Unlike previous season when they had the likes of Alli and Afobe they are pretty ordinary and I'd only really put Agard and Aneke of their starting 11 into our team, we only have to wait till Saturday to find out if they are that great as some of our fans make out.

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Unlike previous season when they had the likes of Alli and Afobe they are pretty ordinary and I'd only really put Agard and Aneke of their starting 11 into our team, we only have to wait till Saturday to find out if they are that great as some of our fans make out.

They're a better outfit than us.

17 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

They’ve recruited well I think. Moore-Taylor and Harley have been key players for Exeter these past couple of years when they’ve got to Wembley in the play-offs. Baudry and Houghton were ever present for Doncaster when they went up automatically last year from this division. D’ath has been automatically promoted twice in the last 3 seasons playing in League Two with Northampton and Luton. Finally,  Mitch Hancox has had a fair bit of Championship experience whilst he was a youngster with Birmingham and he was a key player for Macclesfield who stormed the league below last season. Really clever business and when coupled with Tisdale who’s experienced at this level I’m struggling to see past them for automatic promotion.

Obviously I hope it all goes tits up and they implode :lol:

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Go watch em then to be honest you'd be pretty well suited :aplayer1:

The self-righteousness of our fans is beyond silly. We fluked our way to safety in the PL 30 years ago when pass backs were allowed. Doesn't give us the divine right to finish above anyone. 

18 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

The self-righteousness of our fans is beyond silly. We fluked our way to safety in the PL 30 years ago when pass backs were allowed. Doesn't give us the divine right to finish above anyone. 

Did we fluke our way in?

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

They’ve recruited well I think. Moore-Taylor and Harley have been key players for Exeter these past couple of years when they’ve got to Wembley in the play-offs. Baudry and Houghton were ever present for Doncaster when they went up automatically last year from this division. D’ath has been automatically promoted twice in the last 3 seasons playing in League Two with Northampton and Luton. Finally,  Mitch Hancox has had a fair bit of Championship experience whilst he was a youngster with Birmingham and he was a key player for Macclesfield who stormed the league below last season. Really clever business and when coupled with Tisdale who’s experienced at this level I’m struggling to see past them for automatic promotion.

Obviously I hope it all goes tits up and they implode :lol:

Individuals don’t make a team. If they don’t gel together then anything can happen. They have not had a good preseason. 

19 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

How can a group of fans who have finished at the arse end of the third tier for donkeys years ever be described as self righteous, we certainly are well aware of where we lie in the football pyramid and have very little expectation. If your uncomfortable with the optimism I have for the new season that says more about you than it does me 

I do however think we will forever be a better club than the fake Dons who despite putting a club out of existence for their own selfish gain somehow feel they have the right to be in an higher division because they are home to a soulless 30,000 seater soup bowl with clueless fans, how ironic the real Dons now sit above them in the pyramid despite starting all over again.

Edited by yarddog73

11 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

How wonderful you've been vindicated by two no marks who know nothing about Frankie Bunn. Someone who is well respected as an excellent coach in the Championship and at Academy label. Yep, you're right. Another set of tools. I take it we're allowed to disagree in the manner that Shrewsbury fans did last season when they were tipped for relegation.

Just now, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Could be anywhere between 14th-21st. 

Okay then I will offer you a bet on that, Playershare to be the beneficiary, lets count 14th place as a tie and I will put £20 a place towards Playershare for every position below 14th if you match it for every position above? Deal?

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Okay then I will offer you a bet on that, Playershare to be the beneficiary, lets count 14th place as a tie and I will put £20 a place towards Playershare for every position below 14th if you match it for every position above? Deal?

I'll do a tenner and split the amount between a charity of my choice and a charity of yours

21 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Which round will we reach in the Cup competitions?

Carabao - Out in 1st Round to Derby. 

Sky not showing Frankie Bunn's first game as manager in "his" competition combined with Lampard's 2nd game as manager - all guarantees a glorious upset and Sky kicking themselves in my eyes... :grin:

Edited by HarryBosch

5 hours ago, Ryan said:

Strengthened their squad significantly and got a manager who knows this league like the back of his hand - Tisdale has worked minor miracles on a small budget for a number of years. MK are 100% finishing above us.

He'll turn out nothing more than a better dressed Keith Hill and be back at Exeter for the rest of his career by the end of the season... 

League Two Champions

Us

OAFC League Position

1st

OAFC Top scorer

We haven't signed him yet 

Will Bunn be manager this time next year?

Yes

Will Abdallah be owner this time next year? 

Yes

Stability off the pitch, more of the same old shit, or worse? 

More stable, after further teething problems - Abdallah will eventually sort the mess out and secure more investment, which will also mean we sign a quality striker and #walktheleague

He'll have more stomach for it than Corney had towards the end and it's important to him that we like him I reckon. 

We'll have a decent cup run too - back to back Prem opposition like Liverpool & Everton again. Corney spewing... :lol:

Most improved player 

Gevaro 

Best new player

Baxter, obviously

Best young player

Hamer

Player of the Season 

Clarke - a Gregan-esque Indian summer becoming a club great and a shoe-in for next manager

Who will we miss most

Davies

Who is likely to be sold to a bigger club in January?

Byrne. FB will get him onside and give him a promised move after 4 months of exemplary form and behaviour

Will De La Paz/Placide (which ever one is here) get game time?

If he stays Placide to reclaim his place from a disappointing Iversen and keep it

I think he'll be moved on though given the money he's rumoured to be on. 

Zeus - no

Which round will we reach in the Cup competitions

5th Rd FA Cup

2nd Rd League Cup - beat Derby, go out to Forest Green or some such shite :lol:

Other one - I don't care. Hopefully Abdallah will pull us out.

Edited by HarryBosch