Ishmael Miller signs

4 strikers and Baxter two big strong fellas, Surridge big and mobile, Benteke wily and a but of pace. None likely to score a bagful perhaps but options nonetheless if they want to play they’ll need to be effective and bag. Jose supplying the bullets and the lads in midfield look like they’ll chip in and I can see us being a threat from set pieces. 

The fact most of the signings have been here on trial means they’ve bought into what Bunn and Rhodes want. Could we actually start a season by hitting the ground running? 

Gutted I’m not there Saturday...

3 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Easily pleased you lot, aren't you? 

May be a different story when you have watched him turn out a few times. 

I’m with you.

He’s not a young lad who we are dismissing before seeing him play. He was at Bury for six months the season before last and played 3 times. He was very overweight, and immobile.

He’s then ‘ taken a break from football’ for a year. An now he’s signed for a league two side. His career has only gone one way. 

He’s dining out on being decent 8 years ago. Another Micheal Ricketts. 

6 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Easily pleased you lot, aren't you? 

May be a different story when you have watched him turn out a few times. 

As you say, the majority will make a judgement after watching him play and not on someone else's opinion.  He looked decent to me against Preston.  

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I’m with you.

He’s not a young lad who we are dismissing before seeing him play. He was at Bury for six months the season before last and played 3 times. He was very overweight, and immobile.

He’s then ‘ taken a break from football’ for a year. An now he’s signed for a league two side. His career has only gone one way. 

The only thing that looks overweight in his interview are his biceps 

16 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I’m with you.

Preston fans thought he gave their defenders a torrid time.

That was championship, this is division 2.

FB must think he's what we need, so why not go along with that?

Edited by BP1960