Ishmael Miller signs

Quite like how Miller says he knew Bunn from City's kids. Bunn knows Miller's strengths and clearly thinks he'll be useful for us. 

On the pictures Miller looks a lot taller than Bunn, who was at least 6ft. Big units will always have their uses. 

56 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Easily pleased you lot, aren't you? 

May be a different story when you have watched him turn out a few times. 

Genuine question - who would you be pleased with, that we’d have a realistic chance of getting? 

I think for our level it’s an ok signing but haven’t seen him play so will reserve judgement for when I have. We were only ever gonna get journeymen or young unknowns at this level. 

30 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Quite like how Miller says he knew Bunn from City's kids. Bunn knows Miller's strengths and clearly thinks he'll be useful for us. 

On the pictures Miller looks a lot taller than Bunn, who was at least 6ft. Big units will always have their uses. 

6 ft 3.  Built like a boxer.  Must surely be a handful if he is on it.

35 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

And with O'Grady from Rochdale, and Coke from Sheff Weds, that's a few veteran players FB and AR have brought in that they know well. Makes sense that the management team wants to bring in players that they know all about and trust.

26 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Safe signings that'll do a decent job in League Two, feeling a hell of a lot more positive that we'll be in the mix to return at the first time of asking

Definitely and to put our transfer window into a wider historical context - last time we were relegated we made one signing that summer.

Lee Sinnott!

1 hour ago, HallamBlue said:

Some miserable bastards on here Miller worked with Bunn at City in the academy and although lost his way a big unit and BIG units tend to do ok in Div 2. Perhaps a bit of faith in Bunn would be a start. If it doesnt work at least he tried. But who do you expect to sign out of curiosity if in the miserable negative crew. Doubt Salah available just now. 

I never saw Stan Matthews play but he would do just as good a job as this guy now.

This rose tinted view of some of the signings and how they will fare is ludicrous but at least you can shout your mouth off about anyone who dares not to jump on the happy train.

My opinion to you means jack shit but i am going to stick with it thanks, i don't think he will do any good, end of :D

Edited by archiecat
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

This is another signing I want to be wrong about. Last year he had a year off from Football why did he do that, what was he doing?

He was just preparing to rip this league to shreds obviously !!! :scarf001: 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Preston fans thought he gave their defenders a torrid time.

That was championship, this is division 2.

FB must think he's what we need, so why not go along with that?

Because we're entitled to judge a player who has been about it and has barely played the game since he came through at City? I wish the lad, like all of the other new faces, all the very best. Am I expecting much?  No.

And it's fine to say that, you know?

3 minutes ago, archiecat said:

I never saw Stan Matthews play but he would do just as good a job as this guy now.

This rose tinted view of some of the signings and how they will fare is ludicrous but at least you can shout your mouth off about anyone who dares not to jump on the happy train.

My opinion to you means jack shit but i am going to stick with it thanks, i don't think he will do any good, end of :D

Nobodies shouting bar you, you may well be right but as he's yet to play it's difficult to predict either way. Baxters hardly played for one reason or another but potentially these two alone could be too good for this division, surely both are worth a chance?

1 hour ago, HallamBlue said:

Some miserable bastards on here Miller worked with Bunn at City in the academy and although lost his way a big unit and BIG units tend to do ok in Div 2. Perhaps a bit of faith in Bunn would be a start. If it doesnt work at least he tried. But who do you expect to sign out of curiosity if in the miserable negative crew. Doubt Salah available just now. 

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Nobodies shouting bar you, you may well be right but as he's yet to play it's difficult to predict either way. Baxters hardly played for one reason or another but potentially these two alone could be too good for this division, surely both are worth a chance?

Miserable bastards ??? me shouting ???? ok 

1 minute ago, archiecat said:

Miserable bastards ??? me shouting ???? ok 

Your calling others yet seem to be the only one getting defensive, maybe your not shouting but I think most understand you don't rate him, I feel similar with regards Benteke but some see something in him it's all about opinions. 

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Your calling others yet seem to be the only one getting defensive, maybe your not shouting but I think most understand you don't rate him, I feel similar with regards Benteke but some see something in him it's all about opinions. 

Miserable bastards because we have a different opinion. . .

He’s the only signing I have serious reservations about. I think it’s with good reason. It doesn’t mean I’m miserable. I’m feeling quite good as it happens. 

2 minutes ago, archiecat said:

My opinion to you means jack shit but i am going to stick with it thanks, i don't thing he will do any good, end of :D

1 minute ago, archiecat said:

He was just preparing to rip this league to shreds obviously !!! :scarf001: 

Which signings are you happy with?

18 minutes ago, archiecat said:

My opinion to you means jack shit but i am going to st,ick with it thanks, i don't think he will do any good, end of :D

I believe Stanley Matthews is playing for Heaven FC, so I guess he wont be coming here now.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

I believe Stanley Matthews is playing for Heaven FC, so I guess he wont be coming here now.

I know exactly which team he is captain of BP :D like i said, he could still do as good a job as Miller if he came on a free :OASISscarf: