Placide leaves

Split people’s opinion I think JP. For me his ability to collect a cross has been one of the best we have seen at BP for years. Really took pressure off the back four something I hope iverson can do.

Would of liked to have seen him play this season as I don’t think he was the same after his bereavement last season. Believe he was on approx £4K a week with living expenses so another big wage gone. 

Edited by adamoafc

Decent for a month or two, I know people mentioned he changed after his mum died which is a horrible experience and thankfully not something I have had to endure as of yet but he wasn't great let's be honest and I can understand that being a reason for a while but he was shite even the last few weeks of the season.

Likeable person it seemed but not up to scratch.

Was it true he was earning 16k a week? I know that seems MADNESS but that was a rumour going round last year. People laughed at Queensy's rumoured 11k a week wage till the article came out. 

Wonder if Gerrards announcement will be this afternoon too. 

Just now, adamoafc said:

Split people’s opinion I think JP. For me his ability to collect a cross has been one of the best we have seen at BP for years. Really took pressure off the back four something I hope iverson can do.

Would of liked to have seen him play this season as I don’t think he was the same after his bereavement. Believe he was on approx £4K a week with living expenses so another big wage gone. 

4k a week makes more sense! 

4 minutes ago, singe said:

Sorrry to see him go in that he was a charachter and it would have been nice to see if Andy Rhodes could have developed him.

Good luck JP, hope it works out.

Me too. I loved his style and always thought he came in for a lot of undeserved stick,  he would often make a great stop and then defense just stood motionless whist an attacker moved in to score- yet it was always Placides fault according to many

Just now, tringerlatic42 said:

Me too. I loved his style and always thought he came in for a lot of undeserved stick,  he would often make a great stop and then defense just stood motionless whist an attacker moved in to score- yet it was always Placides fault according to many

100% agree.

Generally happy with this. As mentioned, collecting crosses and commanding his area he was excellent at. Made some good saves, but generally thought he was at fault for a hell of a lot of goals last season, plus every shot straight at him ended up back out in to the danger area ready for the striker to pounce. Part of a defence which shipped over 70 goals, on a decent wage too by the sounds of it. Seemed a nice enough guy so good look in the future. 

Lets hope this Iverson is better.

Apart from Doyle, JP is the only other one from last year’s team I’ll genuinely miss. As mentioned, he was a lunatic, but that was part of his charm. Enjoyed watching his kicks which led to goals, and the heartstopping Cruuyf turns. 

Good luck for the future Johny, all the best ?

Loved Placide a goalkeeper that got you off the edge of your seat, made some amazing saves and contributed to a few goals first half of the season I remember his debut against Peterborough he became an instant hero, form dipped after losing his mother which is understandable, but still kept us in some games his penalty save against Rochdale was memorable,  probaly on a decent wage and maybe this frees up a move for Ripley ?  

1 hour ago, archiecat said:

Good Good Good.

Most overrated keeper i have ever seen at Boundary Park.

At what level was he at for you to consider him to be over-rated? I think Ruddy came with a bigger reputation, being an under 23 Scottish international, and he was significantly worse.

Most people on here would consider him to be better than some keepers we've had in recent years and not as good as a number of others.

That's what i meant Mike, people on here !

I can't understand why some thought he had a great command of his area and seemingly had the ability to pick crosses out of the air at will.

There were times he was frightening to watch.