Forest Green (away) Saturday 11th August 2018

Nepo in for Coke.

Baxter in for Missilou

Cotterill in for Branger

Clarke in for Edmundson. 

Doubt Dummigan or Taylor will be fit.

Would love another striker in but again can't see it.

Would also like to see Jack Byrne play but again I can't see it. 

As someone stated on Saturday they had 5 of our cast offs playing in their starting eleven, it's a game we should be winning.

The 4-1 win at Grimsby was no mean feat however and it will be a very tough game. 

Realistically I want to win but with foresight and realism a point here and then following up with a win against Macclesfield wouldn't be a bad start. All depends how many changes we are able to make for me. 

1 minute ago, Handsy said:

For me it would be 

clarke in for graham 

cotterill for coke  if he signs if not nepo for coke  

hope we sign another forward  to play instead of miller but don’t think that will happen 

Think Graham could be half decent with a bit of experience next to him. Wasn't Edmunson's biggest fan during the run in last season. 

Don't think Coke got a fair crack at the whip being shoved out wide but wouldn't be my first choice to play in the middle. 

Nepo looked a little more assured on the wing when he came on, got paint on his boots and at least attempted to drive us forwards. 

17 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Nepo in for Coke.

Baxter in for Missilou

Cotterill in for Branger

Clarke in for Edmundson. 

Doubt Dummigan or Taylor will be fit.

Would love another striker in but again can't see it.

Would also like to see Jack Byrne play but again I can't see it. 

As someone stated on Saturday they had 5 of our cast offs playing in their starting eleven, it's a game we should be winning.

The 4-1 win at Grimsby was no mean feat however and it will be a very tough game. 

Realistically I want to win but with foresight and realism a point here and then following up with a win against Macclesfield wouldn't be a bad start. All depends how many changes we are able to make for me. 

Wouldn't be dropping Missilou - he was V good on Saturday, surely we can fit Baxter in elsewhere.

Agree Nepo in for Coke, him or Cotterill. 

Would keep Johan in, he can go past players for fun but does try one too many tricks@times. 

Dummigan and Taylor out for a while it seems which is a shame.

If we keep Hunt he needs a kick up the arse, first half he was atrocious against Dons. 

Clarke in at the back, need some experience back there. 

Don't even let O grady travel...absolutely garbage he was/is.

5 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Wouldn't be dropping Missilou - he was V good on Saturday, surely we can fit Baxter in elsewhere.

Agree Nepo in for Coke, him or Cotterill. 

Would keep Johan in, he can go past players for fun but does try one too many tricks@times. 

Dummigan and Taylor out for a while it seems which is a shame.

If we keep Hunt he needs a kick up the arse, first half he was atrocious against Dons. 

Clarke in at the back, need some experience back there. 

Don't even let O grady travel...absolutely garbage he was/is.

Not sure what's happened to Hunt, remember him being superb when he first came in. Back end of last season though and on Saturday he looked nowhere near as good/reliable! Fingers crossed he can return to his original form!

1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

Did you see it, a comical own-goal and another defensive error gifted the Vegans 2 goals. I think it will be a tough game and a good benchmark for the season, having played one of the title favourites and then one of the relegation favourites. But most teams would have scored at least 3 against Grimsby, if they played like that.

Thats why I think some are overestimating the strength of this league, the number of defensive mistakes in this league is significantly increased from League 1.

Edited by rudemedic

24 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Iversen

Hamer - Clarke - Graham - Hunt

Cotterill* - Missilou - Gardner - Branger

Baxter

Surridge

*If he signs

Looks a good side. Not sure whether Surridge could hold it up though and it may just come back@us. However Baxter should be far too talented on the ball for them and may be able to keep it up the pitch

I thought Surridge could hold up the ball.  Was infinitely more mobile than O’Grady in second half and played right across the field whilst O’Grady stuck in or around the 18 yard box.

I think we need three in the middle - Missilou, Gardner allowing Byrne/Baxter to push on.  Cotterill and Branger either side.  

This’ll mean Surridge up top on his own but I’d like to see Benteke have a run as I always favour two or three in attack.  O’Grady was marked out the game, which gave us more space but would have been interesting to see Benteke up front adding some pace against the tiring MK Dons.

1 hour ago, aaronoafc said:

Looks a good side. Not sure whether Surridge could hold it up though and it may just come back@us. However Baxter should be far too talented on the ball for them and may be able to keep it up the pitch

With it being August and with the pitches being of sufficient quality and if we have a fully fit and firing Byrne/Baxter then we won't necessarily need a target man to begin with to be able to play in the opposition half as we could just pass the ball through the midfield and create chances that way.

If its late in the game and we are chasing it then it might be the best way to put your target man on and go with 2 uptop. 

To get anything here we'll need our strongest side out because they still have that man 'Christian Doidge' up top who can't stop scoring and was supposed to have had higher league club's queuing up to buy him, sadly not before we play em ? 

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

Holds 5000 doesn’t it? Get in easy don’t worry about it..

Yeh will do Monty but rather stand with the Tics if possible. Will be taking my 11 year old lad. Went in the home stand at Northampton and got transfered at HT as it kicked off a  bit and I'm not great at keeping my mouth shut!!. Hopefully FG lot will be a bit more accommodating. 

Does anyone have any info if Jose baby will be fit or not? Couldn't travel up on Saturday but the general consensus sounds like we could do with him?

25 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Yeh will do Monty but rather stand with the Tics if possible. Will be taking my 11 year old lad. Went in the home stand at Northampton and got transfered at HT as it kicked off a  bit and I'm not great at keeping my mouth shut!!. Hopefully FG lot will be a bit more accommodating. 

Does anyone have any info if Jose baby will be fit or not? Couldn't travel up on Saturday but the general consensus sounds like we could do with him?

You and your 11 old lad will take their end, no problem.