Forest Green (away) Saturday 11th August 2018

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Maybe not wise to post potential tactical decisions on a public forum?

To be fair, I'm going off somebody who has walked past training and had a watch for 2/3 minutes so that could well be experimental. We discuss how we would line up week in week out and especially if 'going well' which we rarely are doing over the last 5 years it would be pretty easy to see what we would be lining up with.

I never really got all the analysis stuff, didn't used to make much difference. Concern yourself with your own side and play to the maximum you can and you shouldn't go far wrong. 

41 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Apparently in training this looked like the side training in shape of 451 (not on a wind up here by the way. I have my ticket and hope to god it isn't this!)

Iversen, Hamer, Graham, Edmundson, Hunt, Nepomuceno, Missilou, Gardner, Coke, Branger, O'Grady.

Don't ask me anything else, not sure where Surridge or Miller were. Baxter not quite ready apparently and guessing Clarke is still ill.

That team has a good work ethic and will fight for their teammates, but that's also a team that's bereft of quality and lacking certain players in key areas.

A lot of that is down to bad luck.  Clarke and Baxter would massively improve that line up.  I don't have a problem with us packing the midfield (and against Lloyd James and Winchester it could work really well) but with the 3 in the centre mentioned I think O'Grady will end up being isolated up front and an inexperienced back 5 won't get much protection from them either.

I think it would be foolish to underestimate Forest Green who have some talented players in their squad, but I feel that team shows them a bit too much respect.

6 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Wouldn't be a bad point to be fair - not even fishing/trolling. 

No sorry I'm not having that mindset against a team who spent last season at the arse end of this division and have Winchester as their star man in midfield, this mentality is the one that saw us bob along in the bottom third of League 1 for the past I don't know how many years, tomorrow should be all about the win and getting the season going not settling for a point against a glorified non league team.

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

No sorry I'm not having that mindset against a team who spent last season at the arse end of this division and have Winchester as their star man in midfield, this mentality is the one that saw us bob along in the bottom third of League 1 for the past I don't know how many years, tomorrow should be all about the win and getting the season going not settling for a point against a glorified non league team.

Have you seen our squad yardy?

We need to get past this ‘we should be hammering teams’ 

With what??? Apart from Baxter we have zero star quality. 

Bunn is working on an absolute shoestring, the best he can do is make us a team, and be more than the sum of our parts. 

Obviously hoping for the win. However, I’d defintley take a draw, especially on the back of a loss. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Just because we're a bigger club it doesn't mean we're a better team. FGR will be pushing that top 7 this season, a point would be a good result.

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Frankie says we'll hopefully come away with something so that's inspiring.

Fucking hell in a week were we lose out on a player like Ripley to Accrington fuckin Stanley because they are in a division above I now have to listen to our own fans who somehow think a draw tomorrow would be a decent result, fold the fucking club I say and put the lot of us out of our misery.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Fucking hell in a week were we lose out on a player like Ripley to Accrington fuckin Stanley because they are in a division above I now have to listen to our own fans who somehow think a draw tomorrow would be a decent result, fold the fucking club I say and put the lot of us out of our misery.

Genuine question - where do you think (not hope) we'll finish this season?

Edited by Ryan

I'm not too down about the quality in our squad, but the XI that were mentioned is badly depleted.  In my ideal team from the squad we have there would be at least 6 changes to unsworth's reported team.  I guarantee that if you took 6 of the best 11 players out of any side in this league they would struggle.

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We can't claim to have missed out on a player we weren't in for! 

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

I'm starting to find it more and more difficult to decide whether your posts are real

Please tell me what I've said wrong this time Fluffy. The whole country turned on the media when Southgate's team was photographed before the Panama game - how is this any different? I must be on a wind-up because I think posting our line-up and formation in public before a game isn't wise. It's quite a radical change from how we lined up last week and may have come as a shock to Mark Cooper.

Seems you just want to dig at me for whatever, I'm flattered hun xoxoxo

4 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Going to agree with Yarddog on this one lads. If we have any aspirations of doing anything we really should be beating Forest Green F’n Rovers. If Frankie is setting up in the hopes of snatching a point in front of 1k tics in the arse end of nowhere he can get to fuck.

This is gettin beyond silly now.  Further up the thread this is quoted:

"going off somebody who has walked past training and had a watch for 2/3 minutes"

For all anyone knows Suurridge had nipped off to the bogs

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

We’ll see tomorrow

Indeed.  Although I can safely say that for a given brief period of time in any match ever you could look at the pitch and make  a conclusion re a formation that wouldn't necessarily be correct.